Corrupted blood & Blade Vortex

Guys,

I need your advice. I started two Blade Vortex characters this season and I really enjoyed the playstyle of that skill.

However I died two times to corrupted blood, basically instantly. Although enjoying the skill, I would like to know if there is anything I can do to prevent dying to corrupted blood. I know flaks which remove bleeding wouldn't work since I died within half a second each time so now time to react for me...

Any advices are welcome!

Cheers
Benjo
recognize the mod before you encounter + flask that runs full duration

"
I died within half a second

this is kinda strange. I have myself a super fast hitting char and the max stack degen in high maps would take several seconds to kill me. corrupted bloodline is different though, this is the one to get you killed in a fraction of second if you oneshot big blue pack without paying attention to its mods
IGN: Eric_Lindros
CET: Timezone
"
Ludvator wrote:
recognize the mod before you encounter + flask that runs full duration

Sounds great on paper. Kinda hard to pull off against a group of flicker mobs. Or those crab things that are underground until you walk near. Or devourers. Or ribbons that can charge you en masse from off screen in half a second.
Last edited by suszterpatt on Feb 13, 2016, 9:49:50 AM
All you can do is get more life/ES so you have more time to react if you aren't able to read the mods ahead of time.
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
Every character needs a utility flask of staunching. Use it before something starts bleeding you. Knowing what will bleed you is part of the game, althought mobs with Corrupting Blood can just be moused over.
If memory serves, wasn't GGG planning on making Corruping Blood more distinct? (probably Asc)
"
Supp0rtguy wrote:
Guys,

I need your advice. I started two Blade Vortex characters this season and I really enjoyed the playstyle of that skill.

However I died two times to corrupted blood, basically instantly. Although enjoying the skill, I would like to know if there is anything I can do to prevent dying to corrupted blood. I know flaks which remove bleeding wouldn't work since I died within half a second each time so now time to react for me...

Any advices are welcome!

Cheers
Benjo

How much regen does your build have? Theres your answer for how you are getting insta-gibbed by it and how to prevent it. Its a stupid op dmg mod that now requires everyone in hc to stack as much regen as possible and makes bleed flasks mandatory.

I got tired of being instantly killed by this garbage and gave up on witch and shadow trees and went templar with 5 percent regen.

Ps blood roil skill used by bonespire will insta-gibb u as well. Avoid at all costs if you have low regen. Witch and shadow starting trees beed to be completely reworked if they are going add shit like this in the game.
Last edited by johnce6 on Feb 13, 2016, 8:59:05 PM
"
Every character needs a utility flask of staunching. Use it before something starts bleeding you. Knowing what will bleed you is part of the game, althought mobs with Corrupting Blood can just be moused over.

If monsters didnt instantly attack you and have the potential to do so much burst dmg mousing over and taking time to read may actually be viable, but right now the game mechanics do not make this at all viable.
"
johnce6 wrote:
"
Supp0rtguy wrote:
Guys,

Any advices are welcome!

Cheers
Benjo

How much regen does your build have? Theres your answer for how you are getting insta-gibbed by it and how to prevent it. Its a stupid op dmg mod that now requires everyone in hc to stack as much regen as possible and makes bleed flasks mandatory.

I got tired of being instantly killed by this garbage and gave up on witch and shadow trees and went templar with 5 percent regen.

Ps blood roil skill used by bonespire will insta-gibb u as well. Avoid at all costs if you have low regen. Witch and shadow starting trees beed to be completely reworked if they are going add shit like this in the game.

Shadow has that new Growth and Decay cluster.
corrupting blood dmg is based(allegedly) on the dmg of the main hand weapon of the mob you hit so i don't know, mobs without weapons(visually) can't have the mod? :)
Last edited by kreca73 on Feb 14, 2016, 4:45:06 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info