The Kitten I Saved : Laci

Day 1:

Spoiler

I woke up like any other day and went outside to have a cup of coffee on my back porch, only to discover a kitten barely alive, she was starving, seemed very weak, and appeared to be infested with mange and ringworm on her whole head/face area, tail and paws. I felt so damn bad for her, I had to take her in. I called around to vets offices to get a quote on a lime sulfur dip to get rid of the ringworm and mange, I was quoted around $290 USD to have it done, and well, I"m sort of on hard times right now, and nearly $300 was considerably out of my budget. I did quite a bit of research and consulted a friend of mine who is a vet assistant, she advised me to just do it myself, so I ordered a bottle of lime sulfur concentrate for 15 bucks and started treating her, against the better judgement of a few other friends who said, she would just die (she was very very bad off) or would infect my other cat, and myself, I should just let her go, or have her put down they told me.

2 Months Later:

Spoiler

The treatment is working well, she had maybe 2 treatments at this point, I coated her whole body with the foul smelling yellow liquid, and used Q-Tips to dab it onto her face which was the most heavily infected area, (mainly her nose) but the mange and ringworm was very resistant, she was doing much better though, getting fed properly and having a safe warm place to sleep helped a lot I'm sure.

4 Months Later:

Spoiler

After a lot of heartache and struggle with the bad spots and 7 treatments later, she is mange and ringworm free, is getting a little fat, and is the sweetest little thing I've ever seen, shes happily integrated with my other cat Roger, (he was very gentlemanly throughout the whole affair.) I'm now in the process of getting her ready for an appointment for a checkup and to get spayed, and that's well in my budget.

No matter how bad they may look, some animals are not beyond repair, all it takes is some time, hard work, and love to bring them around, just thought I would share this here, as the PoE forums are like a family to me now, I hope this brings a smile to someones face, I know I just can't stop grinning when I see her playing and acting like the kitten she deserves to be.
People of the gutters, steel your bellies, for the slaughter is at hand!

Last edited by XSyntheticX on Feb 12, 2016, 11:40:59 AM
"
XSyntheticX wrote:
I hope this brings a smile to someones face

Smiling with a warmed heart. Her eyes in that last pic says so much. :)
Just a lowly standard player. May RNGesus be with you.
Kudos :)
- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0- 0 * - <
<739610877-3104-376.101077-1106.75103739110792103.108-5'92.9410776.>
- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0- 0 * - <
Reminds of one of my friends and one of his cats, Lespwah(? I have no idea how to spell it)
She was in the pretty bad off when he found her a few years ago, now she's getting pretty old and is adorable af.
Not my real account anymore, use it for forums while I work
You might also know me as "Thisisnotmyrealaccount" to which I forgot the E-mail for.
My real account is Einkil1, it's my steam account which is why I can't access it at work >.>
Well done! =^[.]^=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
Thank you :)
Kudos and well done and rock on!
Mine was rescued too!
Censored.
Thanks for saving the life of an animal. We need more people like yourself in the world. That doesn't even look like the same cat (at 4 months). That's an amazing comeback!

I've had either dogs or cats my entire life.............
Job well done.

A picture speaks a thousand words, seems fairly appropriate, given that 4 month pic.

Last animal i tried to save, eventually ended up dying, i am thankful you did not have to experience the same.
Giving it your all and failing sort of speak, is a very sobering experience.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
You should have stomped it out of existence!

That one looks like a real deceiver, it will play nice in front of you, it's provider, but will then go out and kill birds and whatever else it can find for sport.

Yes i've officially decided to make as many enemies as possible!
I am the light of the morning and the shadow on the wall, I am nothing and I am all.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info