Will Ascendancy bring back Evasion builds?

It's to my understanding that evasion builds died with the Awakening expansion when monster damage was buffed leading to constant one-shots in Act 4 and beyond unless you had a very high life pool, which is already hard enough to do as a Shadow/ Ranger.

I've been trying my best to make a pure evasion hit-and-run type build as a Shadow with high crit-rate/ multiplier. I'm only at the end of Act 3 and its already become a ridiculous pain for me to stay alive, sure I can hit like a truck but what good is that if you can't stay alive?
I've invested in pure evasion armor and A LOT of passive nodes for evasion and I'm starting to feel like it's all been just a waste of time.

Will evasion ever become viable again or is the future of this game all about high ES/ Armor?

If anyone has any tips (beyond the obvious Acrobatics and raising block chance) I welcome them.
Last edited by MumenRider on Feb 12, 2016, 12:27:30 AM
Have you tried using blasphemy + enfeeble? Lowering enemy accuracy by 40% and damage by 30% helps quite a bit.
It would be nice if all those crappy evasion nodes had some HP attached to them, it doesn't have to be much, even something like 2%/some flat HP per node would be helpful.

Another issue is that unless you're running Grace, you probably won't go above 50% evasion chance even if you invest heavily in it, and of course, the ridiculous damage of certain monster skills should be toned down, this doesn't make the game more challenging, it just kills build diversity.
Evasion is terribad without coil and taste. However, blind will help immensely if you can shove it on a golem or something as well the cwdt+enfeeble combo.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
Evasion works. Just not on its own, it benefits greatly from onion defense, like using block, dodge, enfeeble curse, arctic armour and so on.
I'm combining 50% evasion with 50% dodge and 55% spell dodge as well as Arctic Armor and 4 endurance charges, yet oneshots are the daily bread and butter.
Evasion works atm. You need high EHP with it. I did it through life + MoM + mana. Works wonders. I hit the wall at Core boss though, cant regain health fast enough there becasue I rely on dots. I know it would be trivial if I had build that can use Vaal pact.
Not a signature.
Evasion is fine. I played an Evasion to Lv95 in THC and was able to do all mods and nearly all bosses.

Melee Evasion is a different story, tho.
Welcome to the greatest of arenas, Duelist. God is watching you.

"
Raudram wrote:
I'm combining 50% evasion with 50% dodge and 55% spell dodge as well as Arctic Armor and 4 endurance charges, yet oneshots are the daily bread and butter.

well the only parts of that which are reducing damage are AA and the Endur Charges, and those 2 things alone are fairly bad. You can get 70% evasion + 75% dodge + 75% spell dodge + 75% block + 75% spell block and that will all combine to do a total of nothing to prevent you getting 1 shot when you get hit.

If you said you had 50% evasion and 50% armour along side 4 endurance charges you would not have those problems. If you had 50% evasion and 4k energy shield with 4 endu charges, you wouldnt have that problem.

but you took dodge instead, which didnt help protect against 1 shots and actively nerfed 2 of the other options which would have helped. This I think is the core of whats wrong with evasion atm in a wider sense, its the way people are not questioning Acrobatics, why they are taking it and what defensive problems theyre actually trying to solve.
But there's no way for me to incorporate either block of armor/ES into my bow build, there's neither itemization nor nodes to support such a thing.

I think the whole approach towards survivability needs to be reviewed because certain build archetypes can't even get the bare minimum while others can basically stack everything in existence while still doing absurd damage. It's no news that the game greatly favors safe builds that make use of ES, shield and don't need many offensive gems to be viable. So we have walking, indestructible fortresses filling the screen with all sort of crazy aoes while the supposedly offense oriented builds are doing less damage and dying to a breeze.
Last edited by Raudram on Feb 12, 2016, 9:50:39 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info