So I joined a party...

"
Char1983 wrote:
I usually don't join public parties. Today I did.

my deepest condolences :C
do you already have signs of post-traumatic stress disorder? ... oh, just std. league - it was just a simulation?... phew! Don't... DON#T TRY THIS AT HOME! errrr in hc :D
Have a problem with something I said? PM goetzjam don't derail a thread.
'There's plenty that needs to change. And back in my day we had real game devs.' - TheAnuhart
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on February 30, 2016 0:61 PM

Help Charan color the board - use [u color] to make your posts shine.
"
vio wrote:
giving players the option to eliminate other player's skill effects while they make a living of selling those to players? sounds like shooting yourself in the foot.

things would different if skills had very plain effects by default.

While i understand the sentiment behind this stance and i agree up to a certain point, GGG already went ahead and shoot themselves in the foot.

They created "player-hide-outs", as a result, instead of having people flaunting of their mtx's in town luring other players to do the same, people are just afk alone in their HO.
However, as far as i can tell GGG doesn't seem to be experiencing any financial issue's due to this "blunder".

This makes me assume a lot of people are simply still buying mtx's for their own experience irrelevant of others and because "vanity"?

Like somebody else also pointed out, there is a relevant trade-off going on here.
You want people to engage in the social aspect of the game but at the same time it is one of the least satisfying experiences of PoE due to the graphical issue's.

So the question should be, which would allow GGG to sell the most mtx's, smooth party play where people care about their social experience (purely social experience) and as a result are more tempted to stick around for "fun" and "socially engaging waste of time" or by having other players show off their mtx's.

Personally, from my own experience, i supported GGG after playing the game for a prolonged time. I actually thought to myself "this shit won't fly! i played it so long, i gotta give these guys some support" and so i did, other people never entered my frame of mind when i was contemplating my support.

Solo players will still enjoy their heavy mtx play imo, but at the same time party play should be an option if people desire it, even if only to spice things up. And that party play should in my opinion "taste like more" instead of "fuck this, i'm back to solo".

PoE has a lot of potential when it comes to party play, however with the current support for that feature, or rather lack of support on that front any development in that direction is in my opinion a waste of time.

I know some people that party for example and they actually have to agree not to use flashy skills as a result of that, that's no fun, it's a sacrifice they shouldn't have to make.

Peace,

-Boem-

edit : another line of thought to expand on this post, if party play becomes "the norm" or a solid experience, people would be back to flaunting their mtx but in the hide out's.

Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
Last edited by Boem on Feb 12, 2016, 12:46:46 PM
+1000

Full parties in D2 were fun. Full parties in D3 were fun. Parties >3 in PoE are shit.

I apologize for the "shit" but a softer word wouldn't reflect my opinion well enough. It's not only because of FPS drops but also clarity. The latter is a problem a player can't solve himself (e.g. with a better PC).

Well d3 caved or whatever and reduced effects in parties. Im not sure how ggg could do it but im sure theres a way, they do sell more then skill mtx after all. Perhaps offer a partial to full refund in stash tabs for skill mtx.
I do believe theres profit to be made in increasing/improving the social play of poe.
Last edited by Fhark on Feb 12, 2016, 3:02:18 PM
Reduce the size of you team mates skill effect by 20-45%. Eliminate some of the added particle effects on skills like Molten Strike.

In regards to improving party socialization... build or buy a new chat interface, preferably one with separate tabs.
IGN: Wrathmar * Paulie * Client
"
Boem wrote:
And that party play should in my opinion "taste like more" instead of "fuck this, i'm back to solo".

Yeah, that is pretty much exactly my thoughts when I play in a public party for a bit.

Recently found a dude that is tanky as hell and is using some melee skill with no MTX. That is actually really nice party play there. But add any of this list:

Lightning Arrow
Discharge
Molten Strike
Ground Slam
Any cast-on-crit
Blast Rain
GMP Ball Lightning
Fireball with the threshold gem
Glacial Cascade
Ice Nova
Shock Nova
Firestorm
that Ice rain thing

... and things get pretty nasty. And probably half of the players are using one of those skills.
Remove Horticrafting station storage limit.
"
Char1983 wrote:
Ice Nova
Fun fact about Ice Nova: MTX version is less screen-cluttery than original one. For once GGG did something right in this field.
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.
Not sure if that's the right thing though. Having to buy MTX to be able to play the game without getting eye cancer is borderline pay-to-win isn't it?
Remove Horticrafting station storage limit.
No amount of programming will fix these, not even engine rewrite. You can ask for option to turn off effects, thats like hiding the problem.

These problems are mainly created by the game mechanic itself. Everyone is attacking 3-4 hits per secs. The game is Hell a lot faster than Diablo 2, everyone is like having a X-men quicksilver ability.

GGG can fix this easily by altering the way the attacks works, Slow the things down. The game should prioritize Quality Attack over quantity attacks.

1x 10K attack is much better than 5x 2K attacks. It also generate 5 times less particle effects.

Skills like COC,multistrike,spell echo,double strike,faster attack, faster casting need to be out from this game totally.
Last edited by Darkkrows on Feb 15, 2016, 1:36:57 AM
"
vio wrote:
"
Fhark wrote:
"
giving players the option to eliminate other player's skill effects while they make a living of selling those to players? sounds like shooting yourself in the foot.

Well thats a bind ggg put themselves in, i would also say ruining social elements of your online only game is shooting yourself in the foot.

so, should they cancel selling mtx and ask for a monthly payment to play the game?

while i must admit that i sometimes can't see a thing in full parties and my framerate goes down to 10fps on heavy skill effect usages of all party members i also need to say that i play on a 3 year old computer (ancient in computer terms that is) .. with max settings.

playing a computer game on a toaster and complaining about the graphic output is equivalent to driving on a bike on a motorway and complain about not getting as fast as cars. non sensical.

there are options to lower your graphical settings, please use them. if they don't solve your problem, upgrade your rig. easy as that.

The fps drops are an issue that needed to be adressed years ago , a simple bandaid would have been an option to hide player characters ( all except yours ) .

I don't see how this will hurt the game in the long run .

Even people that have high end machines crash in full party setup .
R.I.P 4.B.
Last edited by tryhardgg on Feb 15, 2016, 1:44:51 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info