So I joined a party...

I usually don't join public parties. Today I did. Full party, Springs.

FPS drops to 10.

FPS drops to 1.

FPS is inappropriate, measuring SPF now.

Login screen.

Friend got dropped from the same party. Yes, there was a discharger in the party. Still, pretty disappointing.
Remove Horticrafting station storage limit.
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
FPS drop and rainbow puke covering the whole screen in addition to bearers in a public party is responsible for my latest death. Was testing out an aurabot so it's not like it matters, but yeah. I agree with the sentiment.
[s]only mindless sheep think labyrinth is OK to have in PoE.[/s]
okay nevermind labyrinth, fix dx9 blackscreen instead...
so feedback= game crashed?

suggestion= buy better computer?
yeah or ggg could include an effects slider like nearly every other game.
It wasn't just my computer. Others crashed as well. And the amount of effects on screen is rather ridiculous.

As for feedback: Less graphical effects please. Graphics has first and foremost the job of informing the player of what is happening. It is not doing a very good job at that when you hardly can see anything, but also not if it only shows a frame every other second.
Remove Horticrafting station storage limit.
I'll give you a +1 for this.

I seriously hope GGG is going to be looking hard into this issue once ascendancy is around the corner, they already mentioned a big portion of the funds are going to optimization next year.

My reasoning is simple, if your going to introduce "party" oriented ascendancy's and content appropriate to be tackled with a team the game should support it.
Currently i don't find this to be the case, i can run with a maximum of two other people before i reach my own personal "cluster-fuck-is-a-go" stage. And that's when you start to die since instead of informing the player of events on the screen, the screen is basically yelling "EVERYTHING AND MOREEEE".

Irrelevant of the fps drops even, graphical out-put needs to be addressed to be less taxing in a party.

I like team-play, but i just can't bring myself to do it in PoE, i get head-aches, my chars die often because of visual "shit", my fps is like a yo-yo creating a very uncomfortable play-experience.

So two things ->

1) reduce the "pay-load" of visual effects
2) make sure the pay-load is not bloated visually for no apparent reason

Preferably allow people to turn of a ton of particle effects created by the team. Pretty sure the social aspect at that point out-weighs the visual show-down.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
Didn't we ask them for a button to turn off party spell/attack effects so we could see what the hell is going on and they already said no? I don't recall a certain article or post or even how long ago it was. But I certainly remember people asking for that and well it hasn't happened yet.
giving players the option to eliminate other player's skill effects while they make a living of selling those to players? sounds like shooting yourself in the foot.

things would different if skills had very plain effects by default.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
"
Boem wrote:
1) reduce the "pay-load" of visual effects
2) make sure the pay-load is not bloated visually for no apparent reason
+99999999 gigabajillions

My LA ranger got rekt not long ago in Zana's tropical island lv74 or 75 with sea witches + beyond. Many witches + rare with "cannot die", and poison beyond boss somehow spawned in the midst of that swarm. One moment I shoot in the swarm, another moment - or should I say 3 seconds later? - I'm dead. Not fun, not fun at all.
edit: and no, that absolutely wasn't because of reflect
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.
Last edited by silumit on Feb 12, 2016, 4:48:08 AM
"
giving players the option to eliminate other player's skill effects while they make a living of selling those to players? sounds like shooting yourself in the foot.

Well thats a bind ggg put themselves in, i would also say ruining social elements of your online only game is shooting yourself in the foot.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info