Here is how to adress spark in pvp

"
Rupenus wrote:
i wouldnt be so cocky in a game where gear is so important. : ) cause i have possibly the best gear in the game. and even right clicking is most of the time enough.

That's only because you're using LA. When you were melee gear didn't get you very far.

Again, I want to see simply out of curiosity. You/Lapiz/anyone both survive and win rounds versus the strongest crit sparkers atm using everything you said ...perhaps minus the talisman, then with.
GGG, the ADA of gaming....huuuur i gotz mai skilz.
IGN: MullaXul
"
MullaXul wrote:
"
Rupenus wrote:
i wouldnt be so cocky in a game where gear is so important. : ) cause i have possibly the best gear in the game. and even right clicking is most of the time enough.

That's only because you're using LA. When you were melee gear didn't get you very far.

Again, I want to see simply out of curiosity. You/Lapiz/anyone both survive and win rounds versus the strongest crit sparkers atm using everything you said ...perhaps minus the talisman, then with.

Go check the hld1 tourny where I play vs paukembor (who is arguably the strongest sparker atm I think). I could have probably played that match with a single potion. Thats how good life builds are vs crit spark atm. Im not even using unyielding or enfeeble in that video.

Also, I really dont understand the whine about talismans. PvP is nothing but swapping items according to your opponent's actions. It has always been like that and always will be. Talismans do not break this rule by any means. They are just another variable in the swapping game.

I also beat paukembor with my 5,5k hp whirling blades RT melee the few times I dueled him with it some time ago. Spark just didnt do enough dmg as it was. He might not have had an optimal setup back then though? Hard to say.
Last edited by lapiz on Feb 20, 2016, 4:20:13 AM
ohhh. where can I find this video? I'm interested!
i'd say, seriously, whirling blades low attack interval is the problem. sparkers can change their positions very easily, with giving no investment at all.
"You have great power. You're right to be proud. It's unfortunate you have to die now, but I will honor you with 45% of my strength."
i'd say, seriously, whirling blades low attack interval is the problem. sparkers can change their positions very easily, without giving any investment.
"You have great power. You're right to be proud. It's unfortunate you have to die now, but I will honor you with 45% of my strength."
"
john_nova wrote:
ohhh. where can I find this video? I'm interested!

https://youtu.be/UnilsUZo-nE 2 duels, 9:49 and 38:00

it was actually the 2nd tourny, not 1st
I agree with Haunt and Lapiz. Spark needs a mechanical change you mentioned, not damage nerf. With damage nerf ES builds would most likely be left in the same situation, where life based builds are already doing good against it.

I can also feel the weakness of ES builds trying to rely on recharge to survive. In a well balanced fight - where they don't kill the opponent in the first several seconds - they have to run away to recharge ES, and for now whirling blades is the best for that. Lightning warp should be the caster movement skill, but currently it's not in a good shape, it requires too many links, and builds with increased duration nodes like mine, cannot use it at all. Flame dash doesn't last long enough to be a main and only movement skill of a build.

Sadly I heard somewhere that WB attack speed will be nerfed in ascendancy, which will be really bad for inc duration ES casters, unless they change lightning warp to scale off only cast speed and not duration at all, or something like that.

Lapiz, please refer to me with the name Markusz to avoid confusion, as I moved to the character MrMarkusz a while ago, even the char you matched in the 2nd tourney was that.

Mulla, enjoy:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mY3nF7uDs4Q&t=1h26m41s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UnilsUZo-nE&t=9m50s

IGN: Márkusz
My builds: thread/1600072
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■)
Last edited by Márkusz on Feb 20, 2016, 7:21:23 AM
"
Márkusz wrote:

Lapiz, please refer to me with the name Markusz to avoid confusion, as I moved to the character MrMarkusz a while ago, even the char you matched in the 2nd tourney was that.

ops sry :< I will

I just preferred the nick paukembor..
"
Márkusz wrote:
I agree with Haunt and Lapiz. Spark needs a mechanical change you mentioned, not damage nerf. With damage nerf ES builds would most likely be left in the same situation, where life based builds are already doing good against it.

I can also feel the weakness of ES builds trying to rely on recharge to survive. In a well balanced fight - where they don't kill the opponent in the first several seconds - they have to run away to recharge ES, and for now whirling blades is the best for that. Lightning warp should be the caster movement skill, but currently it's not in a good shape, it requires too many links, and builds with increased duration nodes like mine, cannot use it at all. Flame dash doesn't last long enough to be a main and only movement skill of a build.

Sadly I heard somewhere that WB attack speed will be nerfed in ascendancy, which will be really bad for inc duration ES casters, unless they change lightning warp to scale off only cast speed and not duration at all, or something like that.

Mulla, enjoy:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mY3nF7uDs4Q&t=1h26m41s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UnilsUZo-nE&t=9m50s

LW's state is awful. ggg should rework that skill completely.
Sumdeg hits literally 2x harder then that per spark. Not to say he's amazing by any stretch of the word but from a 1v1 arena abuse perspective he's the "strongest" atm.

Texas as an example doesn't really prove much. He's just trying to stall games/survive/draw. Only effectively taking games by getting a surprise firetrap kill. Lapiz was actually taking games convincingly but that's because he used a talisman.

Thing about talisman Lapiz is exactly what I said. It's going to drive more people away from PvP. People are generally lazy as it is. Do you expect them to want to swap their amulet every other round in anticipation someone may or may not be using one judging by their damage output with and without penetration and/or monitoring status effects on hit? Yes you don't entirely need penetration but for what it's worth it's the most damaging support for an elemental build. Between the blind swaps and size-able damage loss it'll discourage most elemental builds especially ones that aren't crit because they have no way to make that damage up without a crit multiplier. You'll see, if talisman become the norm they'll be fewer PvP'ers and they'll mostly focus on physical damage/crit.

On the subject of es and recharge. The name of the games always been to abuse es with constant degens or harassment because in the grand scheme of things it's their only real weakness without ZO. Huge es pools, huge crit damage, great utility uniques, generally ranged, can run every other flask x5 because they can't heal. Last point is/isn't a drawback, I personally regardless of crit reduction options/defenses have to heal constantly at melee range, as melee versus es crit builds. So if you can't heal but are keeping up with several health flasks damage/survivability wise when we both have 9k+ hp/es...hit for hit/life point for life point I think you're doing pretty good.

Lightning warp is a double edged sword as stated. It should be better even with inc duration nodes taken but WB atm is ridiculous.
GGG, the ADA of gaming....huuuur i gotz mai skilz.
IGN: MullaXul
Last edited by MullaXul on Feb 20, 2016, 10:24:00 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info