Customization

This is of little importance to many people here but I want to comment about it.

Not all players play to become the best. To speak for myself at least I play just to pass my time. So what matters most for me is to have better visuals than stats. And I -you'll find this a little crazy- have abandoned this game because customization is totally random and you can't have both stats and good appearance at the same time. You have to spend insane effort to have sockets, stats, skills and a good appearance all at the same time.
I want you people to discuss here if you'd want some more freedom between stats and appearance or if you don't care that much about it, or you don't think I am right on this.

Is this matter of any importance?
I want to return to this game you people make really good job there but I feel I am going to be disappointed again :)
Last edited by anwmalara on Feb 12, 2016, 7:27:53 AM
If you're referring to the appearance of your characters armour and weapons, then this is adequately covered by the MTX system.

If you're concerned about the value proposition of purchasing these effects then tough biscuits, between those and the Stash Tabs, it is GGGs only source of income. Well I suppose the licensing to Garena as well.

If you want cheap options, the Free MTX they have been giving away lately for the Challenge leagues and 1M leagues are a good option. The skin transfers are okay cost wise, but single use is a bit low value.

If you're NOT talking about armour/weapons, can you explain further please.
== Officially Retired 27/02/2019 ==

Massive thanks to GGG for producing such a fun and engaging game, it has taken up faaaaaaar too much of my life over the last 5 years.

Best of luck in the future!
Last edited by CaptainWaffleIron on Feb 11, 2016, 7:01:45 PM
"The more money you spend on clothing the better ya look"

-Dark Starr

buy some MXT
I dont see any any key!
"
If you're NOT talking about armour/weapons, can you explain further please.

I am talking about general appearance in game, yes about armour.
The game is very nice, all the things you can buy for your appearance are awesome but we could at least have some more relative customization in the game. Sockets affect very much what your character wears and you end up looking really ugly at some point later.

To be realists this is to "motivate" you to buy your appearance. No matter how you look at it that's fair enough no complaints, but at least the in game armour for the witch for example make her look like more a ****in witch, same goes for marauder and all others. Each character's armour sets are so irrelevant to them.

The more I look that necromancer and juggernaut and inquisitor ascendance picture the more angry I get about this. JUST MAKE APPEARANCES JUST LIKE THESE PICTURES!!! YOU ARE GOOD PAINTERS!
Yeah, the art they produced for the subclasses is amazing. The Saboteur might become my next Baldur's Gate character.
I'm Chimerical Jim. Softcore. Hardcore. Manticore.
Last edited by AJConsul on Feb 11, 2016, 7:46:27 PM
"
anwmalara wrote:
This is of little importance to many people here but I want to comment about it.

Not all players play to become the best. To speak for myself at least I play just to pass my time. So what matters most for me is to have better visuals than stats. And I -you'll find this a little crazy- have abandoned this game because customization is totally random and you can't have both stats and good appearance at the same time. You have to spend insane effort to have sockets, stats, skills and a good appearance all at the same time.
I want you people to discuss here if you'd want some more freedom between stats and appearance or if you don't care that much about it, or you don't think I am right on this.

Is this matter of any importance?
I want to return to this game you people make really good job there but I feel I am going to be disappointed again :)

Just buy the MTX for skin transfer and you can make your good stats item look however you like .
R.I.P 4.B.
It's possible to play as you want. I managed this back then in Warbands easily. Just buy at vendors cheap armour to see which of them looks good on you and search for this base on poe.trade. Sure you will have lower stats than min-maxer, but who cares... if you get bored/dissatisfied with the game you will deal 0 dps anyway ;)

You can keep to build theme (I want to set things on fire/I want to bash things with my hammer etc) and stick to it, avoid skills that will clutter your screen with effexcts you don't like. For instance, drop auras and build for Mind over Matter passive. Drop CWDT casts. Fill remaining sockets with attacks that suit your style (visually and stat-wise). Like: Have more than 1 attack/spell you use to kill enemies (ARGH! HERESY!)

Ofc it's harder but much more satisfying ;)

Not a signature.
You might enjoy Warframe then, as a lot of it is looking cool while killing things.
In terms of looking good in this game, you're an exile. You are taking scraps of things and making makeshift armor out of it. You are complaining about the entire aesthetic of the game in its base essence. I'd say just deal with it and pony up some dosh if you want to look flashy.
Not my real account anymore, use it for forums while I work
You might also know me as "Thisisnotmyrealaccount" to which I forgot the E-mail for.
My real account is Einkil1, it's my steam account which is why I can't access it at work >.>

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info