Help with my build (Empire's Grasp RF/BV tank)

Almost every character I've made in PoE has been pretty close to glass cannon, so I started out trying the 200 minions build and had a ton of fun being tanky. I decided I wanted to make an Empire's Grasp tank and realized that I had enough regen in my passive tree to support RF, and thus was the build born. I play in parties a lot and have prioritized tank, but I'd also like to be able to solo as much as possible. I'm mostly looking for advice on optimizing my tankiness, but if there are things I can do to improve deeps without sacrificing tank (or to make significant improvements on deeps with only minor tank sacrifices) I'm open to suggestions.

I'm only 73 and most of my gear is crap because I've been working on leveling up still. I don't have a lot of experience with super late game stuff as I have a tendency to hit level 70 and make an alt. Also note that I'm looking to keep this fairly budget; I've got about 40c.

Current gear looks like this:
Spoiler

Current passives look like this:

Basic Playstyle:
Spoiler

Running Warlord's Mark for mana + endurance charges, purity of fire to sustain Righteous fury.
Blade vortex in the Empire's grasp for the knockback; increased AoE to suck bros into the righteous fury. Spell echo for more stacks. Iron will is a holdover from when I wanted BV to be a significant contributor to damage; it should probably be faster casting/increased duration for more stacks.
Righteous fury with damage mods for damage.
Whirling blades + fortify + faster attacks
CWDT + molten shell + tempest shield + duration
My helmet has 2 open slots; currently it's running Enduring Cry + duration, not sure what else I want here. Potentially I could turn this into another CWDT set.

Basically turn on warlords, pof, and RF.
BV for vacuum + life gain (Cybil's paw)
Whirling blade for fortify and enduring cry when appropriate.

Rise of the Phoenix, and Empires Grasp are the must-haves.
Carcass Jack and Cybil's Paw seem largely irreplaceable; the AoE from Jack is huge and the life gain on spell damage is a big part of the sustainability.
I'm still toying with The Anvil and Rainbowstrides. With both I'll have roughly 52-58 block once I pick up Tetsudo and activate Tempest Shield which gives me ~15% spell block (12 from Rainbowstrides, 3 from Anvil).

The trade-offs are that the anvil obviously comes with a big chunk of durability in the form of block chance, spell block, armor, and life gain on block. The rainbowstrides is giving me 12%ish spell block and that's about it (20%x3 resists, but that's replaceable).

The rest (rings, belt, and helm) are totally throwaway.
I'm looking at moving towards something like this:

I'm currently at about 8k armor (54% mitigation) which is around 22k with granite (76%). I wouldn't hate running determination but Warlord's keeps my mana sustained and feeds me endurance charges, so I'm pretty sure I couldn't trade it out.

I obviously need more life and dropping the Uniques (rainbowstrides and anvil) would give me more room to get life. I'm currently getting about 2.4-2.5 times the base life value; with the bloodless cluster finished out and some 6% jewels i should hit around 2.92. My window shopping for the bare minimum (helm, 2x rings, belt) has been adding about 400 base health which would end up landing me around 5.3-5.5k hp (at my current level). Two more slots (anvil + strides) would probably put me into 6k territory.

Lazhwar in place of the anvil costs me 8% block and 5% spell block (3 from the anvil, 2 from rainbowstride's component of the 8%), but gives me another 20%ish spell block.

Lastly, how much chaos resist should I be looking for? I'm not terribly far from the chaos resists/life cluster; so I could make the trek up there. On the topic of passives is there anything obvious that I've missed?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info