More than 1 golem

What do you think about enabling having up to 1 golem of each type? Obviously golems would need to be nerfed not to be able to work with trigger gems. This would give a new twist to summoners and not only to them. I feel that they aren't strong enough so that everyone would run all of them. Especially since they would need to be self cast each and every time.
Actually, I'm fairly sure everyone runs a golem. They are one of the few true player buffs GGG has given without taking far more in return.

Ranged chars especially benefit from having a ridiculously beefy critter on call.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
Tbh, I hate golems in their current state and wish they were revamped.

Ice Golem, for instance: hits like wet noodle. Covers screen with useless spell effects. Dies to a fart.

Players use it anyway. Because thanks to it, they hit more often. Noone would care for golems if not for stats they provide...

...Don't we have gear/skill tree/auras for boosting our stats?
Not a signature.
"
Turbodevil wrote:
Tbh, I hate golems in their current state and wish they were revamped.

Ice Golem, for instance: hits like wet noodle. Covers screen with useless spell effects. Dies to a fart.

Players use it anyway. Because thanks to it, they hit more often. Noone would care for golems if not for stats they provide...

...Don't we have gear/skill tree/auras for boosting our stats?

There is a vid of a guy killing atziri with just a flame golem.
You dismiss my entire point with saying one guy made one video you didn't even bother to link?

Besides, even if he did, good for him, PoE is known for bizarre builds and players making the best use of skills. That doesn't mean that golems are used mostly for their stat boost though and that it sucks.
Not a signature.
"
Turbodevil wrote:
You dismiss my entire point with saying one guy made one video you didn't even bother to link?

Besides, even if he did, good for him, PoE is known for bizarre builds and players making the best use of skills. That doesn't mean that golems are used mostly for their stat boost though and that it sucks.

I didn't dismiss your point I said there was an interesting use for them but I'll refrain in the future.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wHxaO2QWkDI
Golems are only ever considered to be had, only because of the stat bonuses they give. Other than that, they are pretty much useless.

With that in mind, if you "nerf" them to have less stat bonuses, because you'd be able to have all of them at once, they wouldn't ever be summoned as a single summon.

Golems are implemented pretty terribly atm, and for your idea to work, GGG would need to revamp them completely.
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com
a full party is already having 18 companions running with them (6 players * (2 pets + 1 golem))
aside from the performance point of view it's already hard to differ between monsters and companions (especially in maps with cursed mods where this solution (curse the monsters) isn't applicable).

having additional golems would make playing in narrow dungeons impossible, especially since it's essential to see ground effects in time.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
"
Nephalim wrote:
Actually, I'm fairly sure everyone runs a golem. They are one of the few true player buffs GGG has given without taking far more in return.

Ranged chars especially benefit from having a ridiculously beefy critter on call.

ironically some of the few builds that dont run golems ... are summoners.. gem constraints and what not makes the 4% phys reduction and lack of minion synergy kind of unappealing for most summoners that dont have room.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info