Project phys/ele wander for temp leagues (help!) -- Help me theorycraft -- Video inside!

Hi!

Stumbled over wanders after playing PoE for over 4 years and never had one, and I'm having a blast in Talisman!

Being totally blank, I've mostly went popular routes and put together some gear:

My Talisman Gear

It gets the job done, having approx 79k KB dps with Chain - Added Light - Gmp - Slower Proj or FA and 160k KB with FA instead of chain. (92k and 199k with flasks up). For me, even with 7 power charges up, added light does approx 4-6k more tooltip dps than inc crit damage.

I've tinkered on it and there are a few things that confuses me.

does pretty much the exact same damage as the 273 pdps

I know we're mostly elemental damage, and that the auras and heralds, also elemental, scale mostly off WED on gear etc, but i still don't get how they could be THAT similar in dps. The first cost me 5c, the latter 20ex.

That got me thinking, is phys really optimal in temp leagues? It'll surerly be easier to string together these mods:

(32%+) WED + (33%+) Crit chance + (14%+) IAS + crafted multi and/or flat damage than getting anything better than my current phys wand.

Also, the tree could enhance it more (Prism Weave etc) but that goes for both approaches as there seems to be no such thing as phys wander, but a hybrid (most damage comes from ele or conversions).

The old saying was "Go ele until you can afford phys". Does this still apply?
Also, Ascendancy classes like Pathfinder and perhaps Elementalist seem to go even more in favor of ele.

IF physical conversion is indeed superior to focusing on ele still, please comment on the these two approaches:

These are not finetuned, but just more of a proof of concept to see where the weight lies. Will the lack of aura reservations make a huge difference?

So many questions :) I'm currently spending all my currency in favor of finding the best balance in temp leagues, but being new to wanders and all i was hoping you guys could have some input!

Here's a vid of me clearing Overgrown shrine, low ES due to being lvl 88 and having some whacky nodes. Not the best run, ran in circles at times. :P

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fj5Tquig-mE
Last edited by krilox on Feb 11, 2016, 2:44:35 PM
Some things i should add:

- I run Wrath, Anger, HoI, HoT, Clarity and Discipline atm (Not hatred yet, so there goes that conversion from phys). Can squeeze in Hatred soon - Got skyforth, lvl 21 bm and enlighten 4, need +1 malis.

- I had 5,5k ES with the primary build at lvl 89. I will take more es nodes.

- I'm currently using the phys conversion Vessel of Vinktar, the flat added lightning is most likely much better, i'll see if i can trade the one i have for it.

Single target:

- Barrage + WED + Added Light + Inc Crit Damage + Slower Proj + FA does 53k HO tooltip and 107k with charges (no flasks).

- KB + FA + Added Light + Slower Proj + WED does 128k HO tooltip and 232k with charges (no flasks).
Last edited by krilox on Feb 11, 2016, 6:34:39 AM
Switched to a new tree, saved tons of points, increased es by 1,5k and kept almost the same dps. Went much more phys heavy.

Using Inspired Learning south of the Melding keystone, that provides me with 52% es, having a total of 255% es from the passives + jewels (182% from tree, 52% from IL, and 3 jewels with es %). My int is 330, that gives 66% es. Ive only one ring with es% on it, and that gives 16% es.

The total ES % is 337%.

I've now 6,6k ES, with huge room for improvements.

20 or so more from belt, potentially on rings (80), 200 more from shield if i drop SD, 100 if i want to keep it. lvl 26 discipline gives 69 more es over a lvl 21. (not including aura increasing nodes)

Thats 369 more es, which translates to 1243 raw es. Including the 40% increased es from shield node, thats 80 more. Dropping skyforth boots would give approx 200 more, but thats not really an option.
Last edited by krilox on Feb 11, 2016, 7:41:41 AM
Interestingly, i could fit in Hatred + Wrath (BM) + HoI (BM) + Discipline + Anger in the setup. Not sure what i'd do for curses though, as HoI would have to be linked up with lvl 22 bm and lvl 4 enlighten together with Wrath.

So i'll go with this:

https://poe.mikelat.com/#9MdhOmb/y2IoEuW/SK_b/ik30EBo/5vzDJd

Thats lvl 4 empower + lvl 4 enlighten in a +1 maligaros together with Wrath and Discipline. Making Disc and Wrath efficiently lvl 26. I'll run HoI with CoH and WM + PM, and lvl 21 clarity on bm in weapon, in addition to Anger on BM.

So thats lvl 26 disc and wrath + anger + hoi + clarity.

And leaving approx 200 mana free.

This is becoming my own diary, sorry about that :P
Last edited by krilox on Feb 11, 2016, 7:57:44 AM
The similarity in dps of both your wands is reasoned in the use of crown of eyes. Your EDPS wand has 83 increased damage converted from spell damage, which also affects your auras. I think (and I haven't calculated) that a 2 elemental rolls and a high spell damage roll is far better DPS wise then even a phys wand. (because of the COE conversion on elemental auras)
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1158669

Cyclone MARA Beginners and Advanced Guide.
"
Vincendra wrote:
The similarity in dps of both your wands is reasoned in the use of crown of eyes. Your EDPS wand has 83 increased damage converted from spell damage, which also affects your auras. I think (and I haven't calculated) that a 2 elemental rolls and a high spell damage roll is far better DPS wise then even a phys wand. (because of the COE conversion on elemental auras)

Played around with it some more and switched to a more phys-heavy approach that i believe will scale better than ele. But that's exactly my point :) I need to find a good flat/flat/SD/multi/crit/ias wand on tali though to test it properly
Buff the single target damage GGG =(
Did a CI version, ended up with 20% or so lower dps, but with 11k es and chaos immunity.
You are so rich in the new league.
Your gears are much better than 99% players I believe.

How long do you play each day on average?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info