Skill Reveal - Summon Stone Golem

"
Wiesl_1404 wrote:
"
leto2626 wrote:
...although it might render the chaos golem obsolete?

That is actually a very good point - why would i use a chaos golem when this golem is more tanky over all and better at keeping monsters busy? Because of the 4% phys reduction - i don't think so.

If it really keeps what they promise (taunt and tank) there is no way I would prefer a tiny amount of increased damage, crit chance or phys reduction.

GGG should change the role of a golem anyway.

Imho it should be a powerful minion, summoner (or hybrids) choose as their primary or additional damage source or as an addition to boost the other minions.

But right now everybody does use it as a free (no gems linked) decoy with a tiny buff, like the mercenaries you could buy in D2 - but a lot less exciting as you cant give them gear, nor lvl/skill them and their bonus is really small.

Instead of ascendancy trees, mercenaries with their own trees would have been even better and a golem rework, so that they could fit an important roll in a summuner build...

Last edited by azraelb on Feb 11, 2016, 7:20:45 AM
Wow... pretty underwhelming. Worth nothing in a oneshot meta... in other words: if you depend on this golem your built already sucks.
Have a problem with something I said? PM goetzjam don't derail a thread.
'There's plenty that needs to change. And back in my day we had real game devs.' - TheAnuhart
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on February 30, 2016 0:61 PM

Help Charan color the board - use [u color] to make your posts shine.
New Golem. I like it! Stone Golem: Awesome! Life Regen? Why?!

I'm very dissapointed that Golems will still have the same Role during Gameplay (which they shouldn't have imho!).
Instead of giving Damage or Defense Boni to the caster they should be a certain type of better Minion for Casters. And instead of having higher Minion Life itself, they should give that Bonus to ALL your minions!

In public Partys I mostly see the Chaos Golem. Why? because of the Damage Reduction!. You guys at GGG claim that Golem Skills are the most used Skills in the game. I believe in that. But may I ask which Skill-Levels are used? Are there more high Level Golems (actually used as minions) or are there more Level 1 Golems (for Caster Bonus or with Cast when Damage Taken for very lazy players like me) or is the Chaos Golem the most used one (for Defense/Damage Reduction as I do)?!

I am a petty-fat-dumbass-Kid. So please listen to my unwanted oppinions!

Vote Tasuni for President!...I mean 'for Hideout'!
Not impressed. The stone golem seems to have about as much effect as any other golem in holding any sort of aggro: almost none at all. And like some people pointed out before, it means nothing in a one shot meta. Also, if your build isn't minion-centric, there is 0 end game viability in using a golem to tank for you as they get one shot really fast in end game content. A golem without elemental resistances and hp dies within 10 seconds in any t12+ map with tougher mods. Additional skill and support gem isn't viable for most builds. What's the point in summoning something that won't save you from one shots and require you to resummon constantly for little or no benefits? The way I see it, golems are basically slightly tougher zombies that you can only have of.

I'd have preferred that flame golems get some useful damage output, ice golems do some passive chill attacks, and chaos golems have taunt and passive life regen. The role of a golem for MOST builds at this point is as a buff.

Bow builds like Ice Golems for the extra crit and accuracy. Armored build like chaos golems for the stacking physical damage reduction. No one cares about flame golems because no one thinks 15% increased (not more) damage is worth a gem socket. For all other builds no one cares. Essentially it's a buff that can be killed.

A true test of a skill's worth can be measured thus: Is it something I can build around? Does it very negatively impact my build's damage/survivability if I don't have it? Does having it enable me to do something I otherwise would find significantly more difficult without? If the answer to any of these is "Yes", then it's a worthwhile ability. Golems answer "No" to all of these.

TLDR: Killable buffs are stupid. Golems are mostly worthless and don't contribute anything meaningful. Please fix.
This golem simply looks the best so far .

Acually I was thinking since this is a taunting golem , why not slow aura that doesn't stack with curses and other movement impairing effects ? An aura that glows under his feet .
R.I.P 4.B.
"
Soorya wrote:
I wonder how PVP would be after the introduction of new subclasses and golems. I'd prefer GGG let us have "breathtaking" battles where players get enough time to pay attention to detail, rather than "insane DPS, fast clearing speed, hit quickly or die quickly" stuff.
+10 i think ggg need too put more time for balancing the game because now is just out of control
play my first rpg on the intellivision :)
Chris Wilson"I want to make sure that melee classes are as good as they can be"
"
kcstar wrote:
Wow... pretty underwhelming. Worth nothing in a oneshot meta... in other words: if you depend on this golem your built already sucks.

Since when build diversity consists on focusing the current Meta? If you really think they should focus one shot builds and nothing more, you don't really know why PoE is so great. And also...didn't you notice that it actually benefits some of the one shot meta builds? Since some of them lack survivability, the taunting effect is a great help.
RIP chaos golem.

Honestly I see this stone golem design sucks, if it taunt it should be more tanky than what we see in the video. It also look very small, this golem should have been much larger than other golem types. *chaos golem seems look tougher.

I suggest removing player heal and life regen to player, in exchange give the golem more reliable taunt & toughness.

healing & life regen as well as granting life leech mod should goes to another golem called BLOOD GOLEM (if u are D2 player u know what this means)
Last edited by Darkkrows on Feb 11, 2016, 9:49:46 AM
Depending on the amount of life regen that the golem provides, I think it may be a very interesting concept. A good amount of static life/5 regen could bring more life to the Eldritch Battery/Zealots Oath combination. I'd really like to see that happen.
"
caxrax wrote:
Ascendancy seems to be adding up alot of survivability :p

AHAHAHAHAHAHA....HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA my dear friend, it seems you don't know GGG well.
This means
Spoiler
they will balance the damage around the maximum reachable defense, and you'll still get one shotted.
"I'm programmed to say something that is kind and uplifting at this point, but there is apparently an error that is working in my favor."

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info