Question about next expansion

^hierophant can still be utilized.

20% elemental penetration in +2 minion helmet would make a solid spectre set-up.

zombie's with increased aoe or leech and skeletons in the last which leaves 2x 6-links to spare.

Or go bringer of rain for a 8-link set-up or rim gaze for a 6-link etc.

And spec the extra defense to sustain yourself.

Duelist is a viable summoner also, constant fortify and an aura enhancer/buff, this free's up a lot of EHP to spec into other things.( you could effectively see what you get away with currently and simply drop that pool by 20% if you go perma fortify)

And chances are very likely that scion will also among other things support minions, or if not minions then aura's which indirectly favors summons.

So all the classes oriented at minions will be able to play it, being , witch/templar/scion. All other classes where off-specs and will remain off-specs though they will be able to enhance their gameplay with other perks maybe not directly impacting their summons.

However, beefing up yourself also indirectly favors your minions, as shown with the duelist. It allows you to pick additional things on the regular passive tree to favor them.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
I can see that only witch have minion specific talents. Care to explain why other class with no minion specific talents would be "strong for minions"?

Certainly! I'll explain the Champion so you get the idea.

For the Duelist, you're looking at taking Champion and following the four path to Worthy Foe and the two path to Inspirational. The benefits of this are as follows:

1. You're an expert at taunts. So, instead of looking to hide behind your minions, you're leading and protecting them. You get significant tanking bonuses to help you survive in this role and allow your minions to do their work relatively unimpeded. This also means you don't have to sacrifice personal defense to something like Necromantic Aegis, because you're taking the aggro instead and keeping your minions alive in this manner.

2. Worthy Foe makes your taunts debuff the monsters with penalties that your minions can exploit, rather than simply giving you a personal bonus against taunted foes. Your minions deal more damage because the foes are taking more damage, and they have a greater capacity to cause stuns.

3. Because you actually want to taunt the enemies, you're free to use war cries without having to worry about the consequences of receiving the monster hate. You can give your minions the benefits of Rallying Cry as part of your normal routine, which increases their damage even more.

4. The node leading to Inspirational gives you a 5% increased effectiveness of non-curse auras, which benefits all of your minions.

5. The inspirational node itself gives a straight up 5% movement speed and 30% increased damage buff to yourself and nearby allies as an always-on effect.

If you add all of that up, you're bringing a lot to the table where it comes to minions. You're also getting all of those bonuses for yourself, and they're all applicable to group mates too if you happen to team up!
I'm Chimerical Jim. Softcore. Hardcore. Manticore.
Last edited by AJConsul on Feb 13, 2016, 12:09:15 AM
"
AJConsul wrote:
"
I can see that only witch have minion specific talents. Care to explain why other class with no minion specific talents would be "strong for minions"?

Certainly! I'll explain the Champion so you get the idea.

For the Duelist, you're looking at taking Champion and following the four path to Worthy Foe and the two path to Inspirational. The benefits of this are as follows:

1. You're an expert at taunts. So, instead of looking to hide behind your minions, you're leading and protecting them. You get significant tanking bonuses to help you survive in this role and allow your minions to do their work relatively unimpeded. This also means you don't have to sacrifice personal defense to something like Necromantic Aegis, because you're taking the aggro instead and keeping your minions alive in this manner.

2. Worthy Foe makes your taunts debuff the monsters with penalties that your minions can exploit, rather than simply giving you a personal bonus against taunted foes. Your minions deal more damage because the foes are taking more damage, and they have a greater capacity to cause stuns.

3. Because you actually want to taunt the enemies, you're free to use war cries without having to worry about the consequences of receiving the monster hate. You can give your minions the benefits of Rallying Cry as part of your normal routine, which increases their damage even more.

4. The node leading to Inspirational gives you a 5% increased effectiveness of non-curse auras, which benefits all of your minions.

5. The inspirational node itself gives a straight up 5% movement speed and 30% increased damage buff to yourself and nearby allies as an always-on effect.

If you add all of that up, you're bringing a lot to the table where it comes to minions. You're also getting all of those bonuses for yourself, and they're all applicable to group mates too if you happen to team up!

Have you done any theory crafting on a build using this? It sounds like it could be fun.
"
regonix wrote:
Ok. Too bad.

Edit: i liked my templar and shadow summoners, but i will not return to the game, if they get removed from viable builds.

You do realize that they will stay as viable as they were now. Other classes will just get another boost.

You might not get a boost directly to minions with a shadow or templar, but you can boost another aspect of your build. Also people were already catching on to ranger summoning possibilities with the new belt.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info