Question about next expansion

"
AJConsul wrote:
So it seems like we've got at least three options that are very strong for minions, spread between the Witch, Templar, and... Duelist?! Yeah, that's right. The pretty boy of Wraeclast can rock out with some admirers in his Champion spec. Funky.

I can see that only witch have minion specific talents. Care to explain why other class with no minion specific talents would be "strong for minions"?
"
regonix wrote:
"
AJConsul wrote:
So it seems like we've got at least three options that are very strong for minions, spread between the Witch, Templar, and... Duelist?! Yeah, that's right. The pretty boy of Wraeclast can rock out with some admirers in his Champion spec. Funky.

I can see that only witch have minion specific talents. Care to explain why other class with no minion specific talents would be "strong for minions"?

Pick an ascedancy.Any ascedancy.Ill post why you think it wont be anything "strong" or "viable"
Bye bye desync!
"
elwindakos wrote:
"
regonix wrote:
"
AJConsul wrote:

Pick an ascedancy.Any ascedancy.Ill post why you think it wont be anything "strong" or "viable"

Regarding minions? As long as you don't mention self survivability.
Ok, here we go:
Slayer
Gladiator
Champion has one talent
Assassin
Saboteur
Trickster
Juggernaut
Berserker
Elementalist
Occultist
Deadeye
Raider
Pathfinder
Inquisitor could create Consecrated Ground as a Culler, pretty meh
Hierophant

I'm excited to see where you find minion support in those.
I also think that a lot of people don't see a lot of the possible things one can do with the trees, but please don't talk about minions, because there's nothing.
IGN: Scordalia_
for example. If you take the support route as a templar, gaining survivability but also god damn free vitality aura for your summons or take ascendancy talents that improve ES(most seem GREAT) or general survivability/utility, I really think you'll do way better.

Have you played summoners before to beggin? lol

Summoner tree do not have efficient offensive ascendancy nodes like free Power Charge on Crit + power charge. For instance if you get the bouncing conduit node you can easily play with charges very reliably(endurance/frenzy at least), it's invaluable having frenzied + endurance zombies and a free vitality trivialises maybe even ubber atziri tbh.
Last edited by galuf on Feb 12, 2016, 7:21:31 AM
"
regonix wrote:
gw3
wat
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.
"
galuf wrote:
for example. If you take the support route as a templar, gaining survivability but also god damn free vitality aura for your summons or take ascendancy talents that improve ES(most seem GREAT) or general survivability/utility, I really think you'll do way better.

Have you played summoners before to beggin? lol

Summoner tree do not have efficient offensive ascendancy nodes like free Power Charge on Crit + power charge. For instance if you get the bouncing conduit node you can easily play with charges very reliably(endurance/frenzy at least), it's invaluable having frenzied + endurance zombies and a free vitality trivialises maybe even ubber atziri tbh.

I was talking about Ascendancys different than Guardian and Necro, and also about things that do not have impact on the characters survivability.
Conduit? Besides being in the Guardian tree, do you mind to elaborate how you want to get the charges reliably to your minions with that talent? Because minions are not your party members. ;)
Because yes, charges are very strong on minions.

So yea, lot of nonsense.
"
regonix wrote:
"
AJConsul wrote:

I already explained to you.
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
Well, looks like Guardian actually is an interesting summoner choice.

not only interesting, Guardian is objectively a pretty strong summoner subclass
Visit my shop!

〆〆〆 ( ( ( THE BALROG'S BAZAAR ) ) ) 〆〆〆
Classes for minions:

Witch Necromancer: Obvious reasons.
Witch Occultist: Extra curse.
Witch Elementalist: Summoning golems, spread elemental ailments like butter (debuffing enemies benefits the dps/survivability of your minions).
Templar Guardian: Obvious reasons.
Templar Hierophant: 4 totems casting SRS, summons with 20% penetration, summons with 20% increased area of effect, summons with life leech.
Templar Inquisitor: Debuff elemental damage and resistances.
Shadow Saboteur: Trap zombies used to be a thing. Maybe SRS-Trap-Multitrap-Clustertrap-Mine can double/triple/cuadruple dip Trap & Mine Damage support and cast 15 SRS per mine, and detonating various mines together. 100% theorycrafting, I never play summoners.
Shadow Assassin: Maybe generating an absurd amount of power charges, picking Conduit notable and raising Undying Grappler spectres. 100% theorycrafting, I never play summoners.
Scion: Only one class, but already described as very polivalent, provably will be usefull for any build, and that includes summoners.
Marauder: The remaining class is wearing a wolf fur. we only can make conjectures from this, but a druid-like aspect, might be useful for summoners...

The rest of the classes are simply too far away to even consider them summoners currently.

There are some weakish summoners, provably only viable for some weird mixed builds, but still not completely irrelevant.
"
Visca wrote:
100% theorycrafting, I never play summoners.

I can see that.
Elementalist would only work if you cull with an elemental spell, but ok, why not. But spreading ailments? Just because all of your skills are capable of applying ailments (and again, that would require you to cull) doesn't mean you hit the minimum threshold to apply them. But it would be nice for Chill.
Hierophant is not really an argument, besides me never considering SRS as a summon, it has the same ups and downs than other skills for totems. If anything than it's bad with SRS, because of the SRS cap.
Traps Zombies used to be a thing because they did benefit from the more modifier but not anymore.
Regarding Conduit, Minions are not your party members.
Last edited by Caliginosus on Feb 12, 2016, 11:38:13 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info