Question about next expansion

I predict some of the most powerful builds in Ascendency are going to be ones considered not viable by people like OP.
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
"
mark1030 wrote:
I predict some of the most powerful builds in Ascendency are going to be ones considered not viable by people like OP.

People smarter than me and OP combined are the ones making the good builds so I'm sure that's exactly what's going to happen, as it always does
"
regonix wrote:
Ok. Too bad.

Edit: i liked my templar and shadow summoners, but i will not return to the game, if they get removed from viable builds.

Why do you assume class specific talents leads to a situation where classes are not viable for builds they are not "meant" to be good at. Examples:

Archers: Rangers ascendancy classes are really strong for bow Archers, but a Duelist Champion archer with Chin Col, Point Blank and Iron Reflexes and permanent Fortify would be really great. It opens up new possibilities.

Shadow Archers with Assasin gives unparalleled crit multiplier and Saboteur Archers with Maloney's Nightfall
Spoiler
http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Maloney%27s_Nightfall
is another new play style.

Or 2H sword crit spectral throw ranger with Deadeye class (Far shot, fast and deadly)

Just a few thoughts. Ascendancy creates more opportunity cost and therefore more build diversity.
"
mark1030 wrote:

Not sure about that.

As soon as people saw Bladefall, Poison (with existing content like Bino's, CD, Voltaxic), Skyforth's, Vinktar flask... they knew they were gonna be OP.

Then they were, and are.

There wasn't any magic.
Well, so many different comments and pretend smartness.

Why i see non-witch summoners no longer viable:

1) Summoner is about summons dealing damage and tanking for him/her. If witch have strongest minions, then she is strongest summoner. This is not about skills, this is about potential.
2) If witch is the only class who gets minion-focused skill tree, then witch is strongest summoner, thus making it only viable summoner.

I don't think that only witch will be able to be summoner. I think with class-specific talents like that (and as far as i can see, only witch gets minion specific talents) the strongest, and thus the only viable summoner build, will have to be made out of witch class. Other classes summoners wouldn't even begin to compare to witch.

Edit: so nice to see developers to comment on random post in forum. No other game owner does that. Maybe i will return here after all. My current pc can't run poe very well (archeage, gw3, wow runs easily), but soon i will buy new pc.
Last edited by regonix on Feb 10, 2016, 7:01:03 PM
"
regonix wrote:

1) Summoner is about summons dealing damage and tanking for him/her. If witch have strongest minions, then she is strongest summoner. This is not about skills, this is about potential.
2) If witch is the only class who gets minion-focused skill tree, then witch is strongest summoner, thus making it only viable summoner.

I don't think that only witch will be able to be summoner. I think with class-specific talents like that (and as far as i can see, only witch gets minion specific talents) the strongest, and thus the only viable summoner build, will have to be made out of witch class. Other classes summoners wouldn't even begin to compare to witch.

Edit: so nice to see developers to comment on random post in forum. No other game owner does that. Maybe i will return here after all. My current pc can't run poe very well (archeage, gw3, wow runs easily), but soon i will buy new pc.

How about hierophant Templar summoner with Illuminated Devotion and Sanctuary of Thought for tankyness. This would be nice for hardcore league.

Also your logic seems to be "More damage is always a good thing". PoE is all about balancing defense and offense - not putting everything into the stronger minions basket. But if this is the only thing you value with a summoner then by all means go for a witch.

Again. It is all about choices. The areas in which Templar (or possibly Scion) excels does not seem to interest you because you focus solely on the minions and not your own defenses.
"
regonix wrote:
Spoiler

This logic holds true for braindead afk summoner.

Apart from the spectre notable in the "summoner" ascendancy, you can simply get more jewel slots to replace the damage bonuses offered and as a result get other ascendancy perks that might give other benefits to the character.

I suggest experimenting with builds before comming to conclusions, nothing dictates that summoner will actually be "the best" summoner.

The only thing that ascendancy class(summoner) dictates is that it is the easiest and most straight forward route to go for a summoner.

easy option =/= best option.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"Witch is better summoner than templar, so templar is unviable garbage"
Last edited by raxleberne on Feb 10, 2016, 9:29:50 PM
"
regonix wrote:
I think with class-specific talents like that (and as far as i can see, only witch gets minion specific talents) the strongest, and thus the only viable summoner build, will have to be made out of witch class. Other classes summoners wouldn't even begin to compare to witch.

If an ascendancy templar summoner turns out to be the most powerful, would that mean the witch summoner would be unviable, even with her specialty nodes?

If we follow the same logic of "one class is best at something" therefore all other classes are not viable, then we end up with every single build type only having one viable character type since they can't be equal.

PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910
"
regonix wrote:

LOL you are the one who is 'acting smart'.

POE is all about counterintuitive disguises and has done it once and again. All the sub-classes in the upcoming update are merely by names. The witch summoner class actually favours fighter witches more than any summoner-a trick from GGG many of us saw through right from the start.

Plenty of the Marauder subclasses did not actually intend for tanker marauders but special forms like critical strike spellcasters.

Even for templars, it is meant for special builds, not exclusive of summoners.

Quitting this game? Why not? Since you cannot even tell the secret disguises this game has.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info