Threshold Jewels have great potential. What about Threshold NODES?!

The upcoming Ascendancy expansion is, I think, an attempt to restore and/or introduce some identity and character to the class system. We want more Witches doing Witch things, Duelists doing Duelist things etc. That's not to say that Witches should never do Duelist things, those possibilities are one of many things I love about Path of Exile.
Nevertheless I believe we have arrived at an impasse. Certain play-styles are held at ransom because of a shared passive tree. If GGG wanted to encourage an underperforming play-style with attractive passives/equipment/skills they are invariably restricted by the possibility that well/overperforming play-styles could also benefit. What if we could heavily mitigate this dilemma?

What if we had Threshold Notable Passives!

Why stop at jewels? They are nodes themselves after all. The possibilities here excite me. I'm not advocating we dumb-down the passive tree, on the contrary conditional passives applying different stats to different builds could get very complex very fast.
Anyone wanting to point out that they see right through my thinly veiled "buff melee plox" thread shouldn't bother. I admit it. Melee is not in a good place. BoR was nothing but a crutch to builds that were still inferior to the contemporary ranged/caster meta. BoR has been nerfed several times.... Am I the only one who thinks about how fucked up that is? What kind of message that sends? (Personally, I actually hate BoR and have never used it, but it was certainly something that contributed to more people choosing to play melee).
Melee, or [insert underperforming play-style here] could get exactly what they need without the risk of unintended consequences.

I have a dream. A dream that one day Melee won't be the underperforming thing we complain about.

#
Build Diversity
IGN: Victory_Or_Sovngarde
It's not a 13 week development cycle, it's a 13 week supporter-pack cycle.
You can play any build you want, as long as it's the current meta.
Last edited by Ashen_Shugar_IV on Feb 10, 2016, 4:50:41 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info