Firewatch - A decent walking simulator? [Spoilers pg 3]

Last edited by miljan on Feb 10, 2016, 4:12:30 PM
"
miljan wrote:

I wanted to watch, but that guy is trying WAY too hard.

But yeah, it is a walking simulator - it is a short, linear experience based on a bit of exploration and an insane commitment to pick up everything and either read it or play around with it.

If you're not into that kind of thing, I'd give it a miss. If you ARE into it, I would still recommend waiting for a price drop.
== Officially Retired 27/02/2019 ==

Massive thanks to GGG for producing such a fun and engaging game, it has taken up faaaaaaar too much of my life over the last 5 years.

Best of luck in the future!
If you want a good walking simulator, DAYZ isn't a bad one. Hue
Not my real account anymore, use it for forums while I work
You might also know me as "Thisisnotmyrealaccount" to which I forgot the E-mail for.
My real account is Einkil1, it's my steam account which is why I can't access it at work >.>
"
Einkil wrote:

And people complain about the POE community, that game was a painful experience.

I'm really disappointed at Dean Hall as well, he may be able to kick Chris' ass in a fist fight, but at least Chris bothered to finish and release his game.

Massive thanks to GGG for producing such a fun and engaging game, it has taken up faaaaaaar too much of my life over the last 5 years.

"
"
Einkil wrote:

And people complain about the POE community, that game was a painful experience.

I'm really disappointed at Dean Hall as well, he may be able to kick Chris' ass in a fist fight, but at least Chris bothered to finish and release his game.

I loved playing it but god damn it disappointed me that he never finished it. I think I pugged over 120 hours into the armaII and ~40 hours into the Standalone until I just got fed up with the issues not getting fixed.
You might also know me as "Thisisnotmyrealaccount" to which I forgot the E-mail for.
My real account is Einkil1, it's my steam account which is why I can't access it at work >.>
"
Einkil wrote:
"
"
Einkil wrote:

I loved playing it but god damn it disappointed me that he never finished it. I think I pugged over 120 hours into the armaII and ~40 hours into the Standalone until I just got fed up with the issues not getting fixed.

It is a shame that the legacy of DayZ won't be that of an amazing (or even finished, at this rate) game, but rather the flood of absolutely fucking terrible zombie survival games that it spawned.

As a side note, it is nice for a game to have a realistic protagonist.

Sure, the dude still has most of his hair, but us fat, bearded, old dudes don't get the representation we deserve in the gaming medium.

Spoiler

Last edited by CaptainWaffleIron on Feb 10, 2016, 11:00:59 PM
Gone Home was good but wayyy too short just when it got interesting the game ended abruptly

FW looks nice but it also looks pretty shallow, ill probably just pirate it if I get bored
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
"

It is a shame that the legacy of DayZ won't be that of an amazing (or even finished, at this rate) game, but rather the flood of absolutely fucking terrible zombie survival games that it spawned.

Yeah.. It had potential, and it was hitting it for awhile. AFAIK after Dean jumped ship on the mod the community took over, no idea how that turned out, maybe it's actually good?

"
As a side note, it is nice for a game to have a realistic protagonist.

Sure, the dude still has most of his hair, but us fat, bearded, old dudes don't get the representation we deserve in the gaming medium.

Spoiler

You are a beautiful man and should never change. I imagine that is a photorealistic drawing of you, yes?
I wish I was that thin and handsome.

Hall didn't just ditch the Mod, but he ditched the standalone as well. He is working on a new title due to never be released at some indeterminate point in the future when he gets bored.

GGG could hire him to work on an Auction House, the nerds would be happy as shit because they think they are getting an AH, and the game will be fine because it would never actually be finished and ready to patch in.

Last edited by CaptainWaffleIron on Feb 11, 2016, 5:21:28 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info