Firewatch - A decent walking simulator? [Spoilers pg 3]

I decided to give Firewatch a go, seeing as I have had some fun from the walking simulator genre previously (Gone Home / Amnesia mostly).

It is actually quite cool. I haven't finished it yet, but the story feels a lot more interactive than some of the others I have played mostly due to the nature of the communication between you and the other "protagonist".

If you're into these types of games, you might enjoy it:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/383870/

Graphics are not as good as Everyone Has Gone To The Rapture or whatever the fuck it was called, but it is a lot more fun so far. Also, it has a sprint button. Might be worth waiting for it to go on sale though.
== Officially Retired 27/02/2019 ==

Massive thanks to GGG for producing such a fun and engaging game, it has taken up faaaaaaar too much of my life over the last 5 years.

Best of luck in the future!
Last edited by CaptainWaffleIron on Feb 17, 2016, 6:20:23 PM
saw this on twitch, i liked the graphics, they were CUTE ;p

i myself plan to stay away from this residentsleeper fest.
Thanks for that recommendation, I think I'll give this a go when I get home. It doesn't look like a very long or exploration-heavy game, which is unfortunate, but it definitely looks fun enough to drain a few hours at least.

Thanks nait :)
Need some help? Contact us at support@grindinggear.com

Queen of Padlocks
I started playing this!! (Finished it too)

It made me feel human emotions.
I think I prefer Gone Home, but the raccoon did manage to scare the shit out of me.

I'll have to run through it again another time, obviously I've missed a few important things along the way.
== Officially Retired 27/02/2019 ==

Massive thanks to GGG for producing such a fun and engaging game, it has taken up faaaaaaar too much of my life over the last 5 years.

Best of luck in the future!
Last edited by CaptainWaffleIron on Feb 10, 2016, 4:04:35 PM
I thought this genre of games was called survival horror, maybe im wrong, maybe im just a 90s kid though.
People of the gutters, steel your bellies, for the slaughter is at hand!

"
Melissa_GGG wrote:
I started playing this!! (Finished it too)

It made me feel human emotions.

pics or it didn't happen
^OMG real tears!

Hang in there melissa!

Peace,

-Boem-

edit : looks quite fun tbh
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
Last edited by Boem on Feb 10, 2016, 11:10:23 AM
My maternal grandfather worked as a fire lookout in the summer.

he was an asshole
Oblivious
Last edited by Disrupted on Feb 10, 2016, 1:22:31 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info