Questions about Essence Drain and or Chaos Dmg

1) Can Essence Drain work with trap if you use Sire of Shards? *answered?*

2) I'm unfortunately dumb. But I do know some of you out there are smart. I know the whole, "Don't make essence drain crit" spiel and understand it, but what if??? What's the biggest logical crit we could do if we actually made a crit essence drain build, not relying on the DoT.

3) What supports would you link to a crit Essence drain 4 link, 5 link, and 6 link if you were going crit essence drain?

4) Can essence drain leech life? *answered*

5) Does Shackles of the Wretched Proc Atziri's Mirror?

Thanks. More to come if I can think of them.
IGN: AuraMeThis
Did before it was cool:
Searing Bond Quad Curse
Consuming Dark/Bino's ED/Contagion
Last edited by armyguyclaude on Feb 10, 2016, 2:43:04 AM
1. ED doesn't work with traps at all

2. ED has low hit damage (233–349 at lvl 20), low damage effectiveness (40%, gems like added chaos damage will only provide 40% of their power) and high DoT (809/sec at lvl 20).

Crit only helps for hit part. It does help a bit, but you generally want to raise DoT damage instead.

3. ED + Void Manipulation + Controlled Destruction + Rapid Decay is baseline. From there you have following options:

- Poison. Makes your first target die faster = much quicker getting to aoe entirye group, and make it worthwile to spam ED at boss since poison stacks, unlike regular ED DoT. You can get Poison from unique The Consuming Dark instead

- I use Faster Projectiles. Faster casting, projectile damage, projectiles are much likely to hit targere I aim at. IT's a win, although others seem to choose different options:

- Slower projectiles. Dat DMG.

- Empower. DMG.

4. Yes, only from hit part. DoT however increase your life regeneration.

Also, this:

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Essence_Drain
Not a signature.
Last edited by Turbodevil on Feb 10, 2016, 2:30:19 AM
@turbodevil
1) thanks
2) still doesn't give me an actual number to look at.
3) thanks, but I meant for a crit build
4) Thanks
5) Didn't answer
Did before it was cool:
Searing Bond Quad Curse
"
armyguyclaude wrote:
2) still doesn't give me an actual number to look at.

The best I can do is this: find the best ice spear build you can find and halve its dps, that's roughly as much as you'll be doing, of course it will be slower and more dangerous because ED doesn't naturally pierce at half screen distance and has no freeze to protect you.

Yeah, ice spear kinda sucks currently.

5) No, to my knowledge it doesn't work and it kinda makes sense, you were the origin of the curse that reflected back to you so atziri's mirror would just try to doublecurse you.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Last edited by raics on Feb 10, 2016, 5:14:36 AM
@raics
2) Thanks, I'll take a look.
5) So could it double curse yourself?
Did before it was cool:
Searing Bond Quad Curse
Double Cursing is not a thing of course.
"
armyguyclaude wrote:
5) Does Shackles of the Wretched Proc Atziri's Mirror?
No. Reflected things can't be reflected again. Otherwise two things with damage reflection would enter a feedback loop as soon as one hit the other.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info