Fix your fucking servers.

Seriously. I get spiked from every few seconds to every few minutes, and if dc's earned me 1€ each time they happened I'd be buying a space station in the near future. Shit's been super awful for roughly the past week or so.
[s]only mindless sheep think labyrinth is OK to have in PoE.[/s]
okay nevermind labyrinth, fix dx9 blackscreen instead...
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Yeah, and if GGG got 1c everytime someone posted "wahh, fix your fucking servers" without bothering to follow the instructions in Tech Support, or posting WinMTR results, or giving any actual information on their problem, they could buy Uranus.

So... how about you do the fucking tests, report the fucking results, and THEN you can come back here and get all bitchy about it?

== Officially Retired 27/02/2019 ==

Massive thanks to GGG for producing such a fun and engaging game, it has taken up faaaaaaar too much of my life over the last 5 years.

Best of luck in the future!
From what I've seen, posting those "test results" only leads into "yep problem is in your end. Nothing wrong here". Also, one time I read about someone posting those results, reply being "ISP is at fault", person saying he contacted ISP and were told that nothing's wrong at ISP side of things, you [Removed by support] came and posted that "lol ISP lying lol don't trust them lol".

Who do you think is more trustful, ISP personnel or random anons in a forum?

Had fun reading global chat today. Apparently there were quite a few people having connection issues, and from what I gathered most of them were from EU side of things.

Alas, I'm not expecting any results from this topic. The sheer amount of bullshit that is PoE connectivity issues just finally crossed the "rant on forums" border in my head.[Removed by support]
Last edited by Eben_GGG on Feb 9, 2016, 11:10:25 PM
I spike fairly often, too. However, ever time I run a trace-route I determine the problem is the gigantic corporation which provides my internet service, not the server farm leased by a small NZ company.

It helps that I actually know how to read results for the most part.

Diagnose before pointing fingers, because unless you know who's fucking up you can't even point the finger properly.

Edit: But it seems you have absolutely no idea and plan on just spewing your hatred this way anyway. Meh. If you're going to do that, at least be strategic about it and toss an equal amount of rage your ISP's way. If you are an asshole to everyone along the chain, you should hit the responsible party due to sheer coverage. Hope it gets fixed for you.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Feb 9, 2016, 11:06:33 PM
Maybe it'll get fixed on your end (possibly, or somewhere in the pipeline that isn't related to GGG) after GGG fixes the map issues? :p
Kittens, rainbows and fluffy ducklings!

Everything is magical here in happy magical land.
== Officially Retired 27/02/2019 ==

Massive thanks to GGG for producing such a fun and engaging game, it has taken up faaaaaaar too much of my life over the last 5 years.

Best of luck in the future!
Last edited by CaptainWaffleIron on Feb 9, 2016, 11:29:15 PM
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
I spike fairly often, too. However, ever time I run a trace-route I determine the problem is the gigantic corporation which provides my internet service, not the server farm leased by a small NZ company.

It helps that I actually know how to read results for the most part.

Diagnose before pointing fingers, because unless you know who's fucking up you can't even point the finger properly.

I don't know how to read the results.

Sure I've had occasional spikes and the rare dc here and there before, but what's going on right now is nothing comparable to that. Here's my diagnosis in a nutshell:

I could watch streams normally up to last weekend-ish.
I can watch streams normally now.
I could upload normally up to last weekend-ish.
I can upload normally now.
Everything else worked normally up to last weekend-ish.
Everything else works normally now.
PoE is borderline unplayable.
PoE was smooth up to last weekend-ish.

See the variable? Granted I'm no expert at this, but I'd find it really strange if something on my ISP end suddenly changed, something that only affects PoE on a massive scale whilst leaving everything else unaffected, or affected to the point of it being impossible to notice. I do accept the possibility of that being the case, but... When it barks like a dog, smells like a dog and lives in a doghouse, it's usually not a parrot that has moved over to live in the doghouse with his dog buddy.
Everything you listed has at least 2 seconds of latency tolerance, except PoE. (Ever hear a Twitch "live" streamer point out he's about 10 seconds ahead? That's because Twitch gives you more than 2 seconds of buffering, so the occasional 1600ms ping doesn't halt the stream.)

Any other action-based online game you play should experience similar issues to PoE, unless it's PoE's servers.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Feb 9, 2016, 11:40:03 PM
Also, unless you make it clear to ISP techs that you need ping under a certain threshold, most of the fuckers who know their shit will assume all you do is YouTube and Netflix, and any ping under 2000ms is fine. (I didn't believe this could be true in my industry until I met a couple IT guys say this, unironically, in my presence. Like cooks without hairnets, if you ask me.) Then there are the ones who don't know their shit.

And if you're not lucky enough to have a latency spike at the very moment they test your connection they're going to say nothing's wrong, no matter who they are. Even when I help customers, if I run a test and there's no problem at that moment, my only options are to declare it good for now, or run more tests... and who knows how long the latter will take before the problem decides to present itself.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Feb 9, 2016, 11:49:37 PM
I mainly watch RTS/MOBA (dotabecausefucklol) streams, and there's some other good reasons for them to be ahead :P Didn't consider the buffering at all in this case. Just too used to streams being ahead

Similar issues huh. Time to hunt an interesting looking game for comparison...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info