No light radius - New Laptop

EDIT - nothing to see here... turns out I do have a dedicated AMD graphics card, updating the drivers and using the control center allowed me to select it in POE and that fixed the light radius issue.

Hey guys,

I just installed on a new laptop and the game seems to be running smoothly, but my character has 0 light radius. This is a CI character, so I should be at 100% life - and I have also tested normal life based characters. Any thoughts?

I know I'm using HD 520 graphics, but I didn't seem to have any issues on my old work laptop that just had a 6th gen i7 integrated graphics as well.

EDIT - hosted on imgur after reading the sticky.

Spoiler
Last edited by GregurClegane on Feb 13, 2016, 5:33:46 PM
Last bumped on Aug 8, 2016, 9:05:02 PM
same problem here !!!
I have the same problem. Using an intel 530 integrated graphics with latest intel drivers dated March 2016.
Ok I am wondering why there is no response from PoE on this issue. Maybe you guys havent realized, but to make it clear (unless one of my fellow posters has solved this problem) there is a bug in your game, which sets light radius to zero.

Evenrything else displays perfectly and even in dungeons when there are torches everything is fine, except that my char has no light radius. Now I have a great new laptop! A Lenovo X1 Carbon, latest generation which comes with guess: an Intel HD 520 Graphics Controller.

My Friend who has a Dell with the same graphics controller has the same problem. Now I know some people including my friend will say it is a problem wiht the intel driver - which may even be so - but matter of fact is everything displays properly in every other aspect on my laptop except for light radius in PoE.

Maybe give this topic a bump from time to time and fellow laptop players rally to the cause to get it fixed.
anyone any ideas? anyone able to solve their problems?
Update and Bump:

I updated my display driver to the most recent version and the problem continues!

I wonder if ever anyone from tech-support is gonna answer this ticket ........
bump .... playing the game without seeing what you do is annoying and not really enjoyable!!!
I have the same problem. in my notebook work actually the new intel iris(graphic) chip.

the game works fine and fast, when the enviroment has enough light.

i am now in the first act in the prison and now is it too dark for playing further. the game was really cool to this point.
I thought it was normal in some dungeons, because in some instances the light radius is just doing fine, but in some the lights are completely off.

Can anyone please help us with our problems?
There was likely no reply beside the original poster fixed their issue.

As per the Rules sticky post, when you have an issue you are supposed to create your own thread, not hijack someone else's.

In the case of the original post, the issue is driver related. It's likely the issue with yours as well.

If you have a dedicated card, make sure drivers are updated and that the system is using the correct display adapter.

If you don't have a dedicated card, that could be part of your issue but you'll also likely need to ensure you have latest drivers and have configured the display adapter properly.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info