Where's the Perma Cutthroat League?

Well, a level 1 character has at least 67 life, and a level 2 character at least 79 (plus an extra passive point). The level 1 character has 84.8%-ish of the maximum Life of the level 2 character.

So if you ask me, in Cutthroat:
1. a character shouldn't be allowed to enter an instance if it contains a character more than 1+int((level-1)/7.05) levels below them, and
2. unless manually overridden in the insurance manager, a character will not be assigned to an instance which contains a character more than 1+int((level-1)/7.05) levels above them.

Essentially, level 2 vs level 1, level 9 vs level 7, 16 vs 13, 100 vs 85, etc, would be as lopsided as fights get.

My formula is precise but admittedly a little weird; something simpler like a simple "1 plus another 1 per 8 full levels" would be close enough not to bicker about.

Lastly, XP gained from a kill should be based entirely off whatever XP the victim actually lost. Kill someone right after they ding, or right after a death, and get no XP. Zero-sum game.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Feb 9, 2016, 10:46:19 PM
perma seal clubber's league is where its place is - 'in the works', forever

this game cannot have a fair cutthroat league and so far unfair and/or buggy CT leagues were ALL a giant flops that got old very quickly

if there are people so bent on massive PvP - sadly this is not the game for you.

'live bots mode' does not help this game at all so i do not expect GGG to implement it to satisfy the Seal Club Club
Perma cutthroat league wouldn't work because majority of people would stop playing after getting clubbed to death by people who are ahead of them.
This can be fixed with appropriate level restrictions, to keep fights close.

Edit: now that I think about it, preventing players from entering instances is a horrible solution, because it creates an incentive to pick instances with the lowest-level players possible and be completely safe from higher-level players as a result (because they can't join the instance at all).

Instead, it should be:
* no official parties
* a character's level threshold is int(0.75+level/4)
* Character A is in an instance. If Character B enters and has level > Character A's level + Character A's level threshold, the two characters are allied (they cannot damage or curse each other, auras benefit each other, but they aren't in a party) until one gains a level (then recalculate)

This would mean no one is ever safe in any instance; for example, if you're level 3 at Normal Coast and there is a level 2 in the instance, a level 4 can join, and if they do things go from "cat vs mouse" to "cat vs dog+mouse."
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Feb 10, 2016, 1:41:20 AM
getting xp only from the xp other players lost is a interesting idea. especially if you get heavy negative xp from killing players below your level.

the only incentive to kill players beneath you would be the loot but it would come at the price of falling back in progress. of course a player must be able to lose a level if he does so with a random skill point taken away.

age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
I like several ideas in this thread, which may solve seemingly intractable problems with CT. These are all things that GGG has not tried in their CT tests.

- no stash
- drop inventory on death (even if it'll mostly be junk, it's still something, in fact it's everything you own and have access to aside from what's equipped!)
- drop 1 random non-weapon item (including its gems), including flasks.
- zero-sum xp
- hide names in instance manager (being able to /whois people breaks the format)

In addition:

- no trading would have to be implemented in this format, otherwise you could have a virtual stash by dual-accounting and trading things to mules. Altho, you could still "trade" and mulestash by dropping items on the ground...

"
goetzjam wrote:
Are towns and hideouts also hostile (please say yes)

While that would be amazing, i don't think it will ever happen. It might be a lot of work, but more importantly, it might open them up to town kill exploits in the regular game.
SC: 95 97 93 96 100 93 94 93 94 95 96 97 94 93 94
HC RIP: 94 96
Character archive: view-thread/963707
Last edited by unsane on Feb 21, 2016, 1:19:16 PM
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1288001

Had your chance, iirc wasn't even fun after a day...
Recruiting for Archnemesis League/Siege of the Atlas!
Umbra Exiles:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3244875
The Official Path of Exile Guild Directory:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1192567
"
GeorgAnatoly wrote:
HC, parties disabled, no trade, no masters, no npc merchants, no vendor recipes, no stash, cutthroat - all players have Onslaught.

Would be a ton of anus clenching fun.

sounds like a recipe for worst league ever

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info