Where's the Perma Cutthroat League?

I've been waiting several years for this. Get it done already! If you're so worried people won't like it, make it paid league only feature and we can decide for ourselves rather than have you decide for us.
SC: 95 97 93 96 100 93 94 93 94 95 96 97 94 93 94
HC RIP: 94 96
Character archive: view-thread/963707
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Can you writeup a ruleset and perhaps add a price behind your demand?
https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.
HC, parties disabled, no trade, no masters, no npc merchants, no vendor recipes, no stash, cutthroat - all players have Onslaught.

Would be a ton of anus clenching fun.
"
GeorgAnatoly wrote:
HC, parties disabled, no trade, no masters, no npc merchants, no vendor recipes, no stash, cutthroat - all players have Onslaught.

Would be a ton of anus clenching fun.

Are towns and hideouts also hostile (please say yes)

FeelsBadMan

Paid league hype!
HC cutthroat is fail design. Should be: if you die, you keep your character - so you can go back and try for a revenge kill - and you even keep your gear - so you can go back and try for a revenge kill without bothering with stash.

Because revenge kills.

Of course, you still need to lose something when you die, so...
* no stash (got that part right!)
* drop inventory (but not EQUIPPED gear) on death

Keeping trade enabled is fine, because a no-stash ruleset discourages currency hoarding to the maximum extent possible.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Feb 9, 2016, 9:25:54 PM
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
HC cutthroat is fail design. Should be: if you die, you keep your character - so you can go back and try for a revenge kill - and you even keep your gear - so you can go back and try for a revenge kill without bothering with stash.

Because revenge kills.

Keeping trade enabled is fine, because a no-stash ruleset discourages currency hoarding to the maximum extent possible.

Carebear cutthroat, no thank you.

That's why it failed before, they half assed it. Cutthroat isn't about balance and logic it's about thrill and excitement on a second to second basis, SAO meets unreal tournament.

Chaos and carnage!!!
Last edited by GeorgAnatoly on Feb 9, 2016, 9:54:57 PM
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:

Because revenge kills.

That does address the issue of not being able to get a revenge kill, the problem I guess with that is do you really care about items you aren't wearing that much?

What if you started with a tabula that cannot be lost on death and your weapon can't drop on death, but 1 random equipped piece can. This way you have a weapon, the ability to use your main attack and at worst lose a cwdt or soemthing setup temporarily until you can find something else.

FeelsBadMan

"
GeorgAnatoly wrote:
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:

Because revenge kills.

Carebear cutthroat, no thank you.

That's why it failed before, they half assed it. Cutthroat isn't about balance and logic it's about thrill and excitement on a second to second basis, SOA meets unreal tournament.

Chaos and carnage!!!
Well, I agree with your last sentence, with the exclamation points. Not the others.

Preventing revenge kills is carebear for initial killers. It shouldn't be "he won't bother me anymore, because he's dead." Oh no. He'll be back. He's on his way back right now. And he wants his shit back.

In any case, Chris agrees SC is the way to go for cutthroat, he just needs to take the next steps of having players keep equipped gear while disabling the stash. If you follow the link, by "recovery aspect" I'm pretty sure Chris meant revenge kills. At least that's what he should have meant.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Feb 9, 2016, 10:02:58 PM
Every cutthroat so far has been plagued with unintentional bugs.

Party farming on day 1 for lvl 20 gems etc followed up by simply raping everybody beneath you until they simply lose the will to participate was the tl;dr of the latest cutthroat.

It essentially ended up being a solo farm content league.(since maps where disabled)

with the 1/100 fun encounters at random thrown in and the 99/100 shit encounters where a 20lvl + dude comes and has a laugh with you after abusing the system to "git gud".

Peace,

-Boem-

edit : and by party farming i don't mean co-op, but simply killing one another constantly and leeching the xp the game provided on a kill to your gems over and over.
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
Last edited by Boem on Feb 9, 2016, 10:03:25 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info