Is Ascendancy going D3?

Well, in D3 every class has their own, special skills/runes/sets and passives..
In 2.2 every class/subclass still has total freedom over skills/uniques/supprts/tree/jewels, only the 100% optimized level 95+builds need to start as Class A and use subclass B, same as now.

But there are some interesting options in 2.2 and most of all, all those lovely, janky, non-optimal, special flowers have a ton of options then.. :D

e: there is no such thing as bow-barb or 2h Demon hunter...
d:-D*
Last edited by PyleWarlord on Feb 10, 2016, 4:30:24 PM
Ascendancy is clearly quasi-Diablo, no sane minded people will even argue... (sure... there are probably not many sane people on this forum tho). XDD

On the other hand this might be necessary for the future balancing needs. Hence certain builds will most likely to be locked to few classes hence easier to focus and balance.
The real hardcore PoE players and the elites sit in town and zoning in and out of their hideouts trading items. Noobs that don't know how to play PoE correctly, kill monsters for items. It's pure fact, it will never change.

Welcome to PoE.
"
鬼殺し wrote:
Long ago I wrote fairly extensively on how PoE's system promotes vast differences in character build but at the cost of vast differences between the classes.

I think Ascendancy is an interesting (and belated) step towards finding a balance between 'do whatever you want with whomever you want' (character diversity) and the sort of time-tested solidity we expect from our archetypes (class diversity).

What if it is actually targeted at the new players also , to help them chose a path perhaps like a general guide line . I see it this way for some reason , might be wrong not sure yet .
R.I.P 4.B.
"
tryhardgg wrote:

What if it is actually targeted at the new players also , to help them chose a path perhaps like a general guide line . I see it this way for some reason , might be wrong not sure yet .

It'll probably have that effect, whether that's the intention or not. New players will more naturally assume that "this is what the class is good at so I should be going for one of these paths", and they're probably less likely to make gross build mistakes in doing so.
Still prbably end up scrapping their first build or three, mind.
Looking for a mature guild to play with?
http://www.guildmedieval.com
Courtesy, Integrity, Fair Play.

I understand this is a role playing game, but I don't think the best role to play should be shopkeeper. - AlteraxPoe
"
Pewzor wrote:
Ascendancy is clearly quasi-Diablo, no sane minded people will even argue... (sure... there are probably not many sane people on this forum tho). XDD

On the other hand this might be necessary for the future balancing needs. Hence certain builds will most likely to be locked to few classes hence easier to focus and balance.

This is simply not true (about the quasi-Diablo part) for at least one simple reason. In D3, the optimal build is the build that does the most damage. In poe the optimal build combines defence, offence and utility. Example: A bow or spell user with permanent fortify is something to consider. Having flask craziness can work well with most build.

And what do you really mean by "Quasi-D3"? They did not invent the system (or perhaps I have been dreaming of all the rpg games since I was 10). If you mean dumbing down, well I believe this adds complexity to a significant degree.
''It was nice but not really great'' in memory of rondanashu 13.4.2016
"
鬼殺し wrote:
"
tryhardgg wrote:
"
鬼殺し wrote:
Long ago I wrote fairly extensively on how PoE's system promotes vast differences in character build but at the cost of vast differences between the classes.

I think Ascendancy is an interesting (and belated) step towards finding a balance between 'do whatever you want with whomever you want' (character diversity) and the sort of time-tested solidity we expect from our archetypes (class diversity).

Oh for sure. Any addition this significant should work on several levels.

what happened to your name....

are you some kind of fake Charan

have the commies paid you off?
I dont see any any key!
"
rondanashu wrote:
"
Pewzor wrote:

This is simply not true (about the quasi-Diablo part) for at least one simple reason. In D3, the optimal build is the build that does the most damage. In poe the optimal build combines defence, offence and utility. Example: A bow or spell user with permanent fortify is something to consider. Having flask craziness can work well with most build.

And what do you really mean by "Quasi-D3"? They did not invent the system (or perhaps I have been dreaming of all the rpg games since I was 10). If you mean dumbing down, well I believe this adds complexity to a significant degree.

I said quasi diablo not quasi-Diablo 3.

And since Diablo is the game that created dungeon hack and slash ARPG genre, they created it with deep class system.

Sure there are older RPGs that has a deep class system but there's no Diablo-esque ARPG before Diablo. Hence it's not false to say that Diablo is the first dungeon hack and slash arpg to use a deep class system. Since PoE is basically a diablo clone with different skill system that didn't used to have heavy emphasize on classes Ascendancy classes basically pushing out a deep class root which is essentially same as all the Diablo games.

quasi-diablo just means your ascendancy classes will now have huge influences over your build you will not make a necromancer tornado shot bow witch or elementalist phys crit dagger cyclone witch and so on. And rightnow multiple classes has access to passives to be a summoner, but after ascendancy necromancer witch will be significantly better than other classes counterpart to a point it will be idiotic to create a summoner on everything but witch AND locks into necromancer ascendancy.

In case you didn't know in Diablo 1 (or just Diablo) Warriors could cast fireball or shoot arrows, but Sorcerer has 50% reduced frame while casting spells, Rogues has extra speed shooting arrows... warriors swings melee weapons fastest (by a long shot) which making melee sorc stupid same for spell flinging warrior ect.
The real hardcore PoE players and the elites sit in town and zoning in and out of their hideouts trading items. Noobs that don't know how to play PoE correctly, kill monsters for items. It's pure fact, it will never change.

Welcome to PoE.
Last edited by Pewzor on Feb 11, 2016, 11:08:41 PM
I think if anything it adds much more customization, there are so many wierd builds available now, plus i hope you are locked into one ascendancy class when chosen
"
DutchRudder wrote:
i hope you are locked into one ascendancy class when chosen

interesting question, was answered somewhere on reddit. you can definitely spec out of your ascendency points but choose another sub class?

edit: you probably can respec into another class
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
Last edited by vio on Feb 12, 2016, 7:55:20 AM
No.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info