Recent Ascendancy Class Announcements

I could not even imagine to see a more broken class than Ranger Path Finder will be in Acendancy. If it wasn't broken enough already getting 16% flask effect duration and 15% flask effectiveness for taking traveling points (basically free!) is just ridiculous.
Even if they remove all flask nodes from the tree there are still belt modifiers - keep that in mind.

Tricksters travel points 8%ES+8%EV+4% attack/cast speed seem a bit over the top considering normal nodes on the passive tree - they are equal to a really good 3 stat jewel.

Hierophant really pushes the MoM theme even further it seems - 60% extra mana regen is really nice to get in general for mana based characters. The 40% totem placement speed combined with totem passives seem really strong.

Berserker: much attack speed, much damage, much boom boom :D - nothing more really. I really like that it is written "physical damage with attacks" so that stuff like spectral throw and molten strike and bow/wand skills could fully benefit from it.

Elementalist travel points are mostly generic except the 30% increased elemental status aliment duration which could be really strong in the right build (perma freeze anyone?)
"
jzajustin wrote:
GGG PLEASE READ!!!!!!

I. Tree Influence

* Witch - Best class specializing in ONE element.
- Heart of Flame cluster
- Heart of Thunder cluster
- Heart of Ice cluster
- Fire/Lightning/Frost walker clusters

* Templar - Best classed for MIXED elemental damage.
- Celestial Judgement node
- Celestial Punishment node
- Elementalist node

II. Sub-class Problems

* Witch
- Elementalist class
- Mastermind of Discord - Promotes mixed elemental casting, while witch tree promotes elemental specialization. See the problem?
- All nodes on this witch ascendancy class tree should promote and reward maximizing ONE element.

* Templar
- Inquisitor class
- Inevitable Judgement - Promotes critical strikes with any element, and completely ignores elemental resistance, while the witch node reduces by only 20% ONLY IF used in conjunction with MIXED elemental casting! BIG PROBLEM...
- Why would a hybrid class (Templar) have a stronger elemental node, which is also crit based, than the primary elemental caster class (Witch)
- The witch nodes should be THE BEST ELEMENTAL CASTER NODES.

III. Solution Suggestions
- Swap Mastermind of Discord and Inevitable Judgement
- Consider adding a stacking damage buff the more a caster uses a spell of the SAME element.
- Consider adding bonuses to cast speed.
- Consider adding AE bonuses to spells casted.
- Consider adding ELEMENTAL LEECH in this class, since a lot of builds in this class type are glass cannon, this would utilize the high damage for added survivability.
- Paragon of Calamity is much too build specific and will hardly be taken.

THANKS FOR YOUR TIME, PLEASE CONSIDER MY ARGUMENT!!!!!!!

Beside the fact, that I can comprehend some of thesearguments, is the marked one wrong.

In many cases 20% Resistance penetration is stronger than igrnoring them.
With these 20% penetration and some other Penetration sources it is possible in many cases to get the enemy below 0% resistance, so that it take MORE dmg.
With ignoring the resistances you can't do this because the enemy has alwasy 0%
No Ascendancy Class for chaos damage? :(
"
PopeJo wrote:
No Ascendancy Class for chaos damage? :(

Well the Trickster has some Damage Over Time nodes. I'm guessing the third witch ascendancy could be chaos themed, going by the artwork.
"
Drewster_X wrote:
Its really cool being able to see the ascendancy skill trees properly now, let the theory crafting begin!

Have this somethink to do with my FB post about third party sites ? :D
Great work here.

Finaly we can see skill trees :D
Ascendancy seems cool, but some achievemens will be useless to get, like the one with 3 totems at once or get 12 charges at same time.
RIP Witch Crit and spell physical nice GGG !!!!!!!
Last edited by oufouf on Feb 9, 2016, 7:19:35 AM
Nice but i am waiting for Shaman maruder class ;)
Some of these seems lackluster and kinda boring, nothing special.

Also why the KILL X GET Y FOR Z? Its considered cool and engaging? No, its not - its a permament buff and a gimp when fighting bosses.
"
rdespair wrote:
Here are the default minor node bonuses for each of the latest classes (the bonus that is on every minor node regardless of path):

Trickster - 4% Attack & Cast Speed
Hierophant - 20% mana regen
Berserker - 12% increased physical damage with attacks
Elementalist - 10% increased elemental damage
Pathfinder - 5% increased effect of flasks

Anyone knows the minor node bonuses of the rest of the sub-classes?

Edit: Ok, found them xD https://www.pathofexile.com/ascendancy/classes
Last edited by BuZaid86 on Feb 9, 2016, 7:59:08 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info