New Player Looking for some feedback

Hey guys im really new to this game, coming over from d3, but im really starting to get into it. I was wondering if anyone would mind taking a look at my build so far. Im following a guide for the passive tree but that doesnt mean im doing it right. Also very interested interested in gear advice. As well as skill gem advice. Also had some items in my profile ( couple quality gems and a tailsman) that might be worth something. Watching a video on poe.trade but still having some issues. If you guys have a min id appreciate it. thanks in advance guys.
Also i use the 2h sword others are just for carrying.
It would help us if you link your gear and tree, or changed your settings so it doesn't hide the character tab.
Thanks for letting me know that it was hidden. I wasn't aware that was default settings was that. I believe i fixed the issue. Again really new to this.
Thank you, it looks like you are going for a summoner build based on Zombies and specters.
Maybe something like: Rathik's "The Matriarch"

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/479976

Or Lifting's Puppet Master
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1304671

That can be a fun build but it can be slow to level and seeing as you are level 41ish I would highly recommend using that flame totem to help level you can still have zombies tanking and specters dpsing, but the flame totem should help with the damage.

As far as gear goes I can't tell what direction you are going. But in my opinion the first upgrade you should look for is the scepter. The +Phys damage mod on it isn't helping your zombies or specters and unless your clubbing stuff with it, then it isn't helping you. The cast speed is about the only useful mod on there followed by the implicit. Keep in mind that you can use one scepter now, like a +1 level to fire gems, and then use a completely different one once your zombie/specters are linked up and doing better.

Are you willing to trade for items or do you want to do self found only? That makes a big difference on gear advice.

Your skill tree looks good if you are planning specters and zombies, if you are doing something else please let us know, so we can better tailor our advice.
Last edited by OldmanBlackdragon on Feb 8, 2016, 8:13:15 PM
This is my first build and was deflly going zombie spectre. I am looking to learn how to trade items. I find that very enjoyable. I just have to figure out hot to use poe.trade and Ill be good. as for gear thats all self found and right now its a little hodge podge because i havent found anything better. In looking for + res and energy shield stuff first and foremost and a little str and dex so I can use the gear I have.I am going to check out those guides. Also as far as skill gems I am really trying to figure out what works with what.
Thank you for the info
Why do you take both life and ES nodes? I don't think going hybrid on first character is a good idea.
Also, if you say that you follow a guide, show us that guide.
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.
Last edited by silumit on Feb 9, 2016, 5:24:13 AM
"
silumit wrote:
Why do you take both life and ES nodes? I don't think going hybrid on first character is a good idea.
Also, if you say that you follow a guide, show us that guide.

As Silumit says, hybrid characters and Energy shield characters are VERY EXPENSIVE to make work effectively - generally not an option for a first time player.

You would most likely be more effective going with more basic defenses, such as stacking life and armor (or something along those lines). Also, your orb-wallet will thank you.

Edit: I noticed you are specced into minion instability. No disrespect intended, but this node is generally viewed as a "noob trap". You are essentially giving up 1/3 of your minion uptime for a one time small burst of damage. While there are some builds that use this effectively, for the most part this node just causes inexperienced summoners to "give up" 1/3 of their army.
Yes it is easy enough to resummon them right now, but when you have dozens of minions in endgame you may not have time to babysit your exploding minion population, or spare the mana to spam new ones.
Legacy SC IGN: Octora
Standard SC IGN: Octyte
Last edited by Nick42 on Feb 9, 2016, 11:32:55 AM
"
Nick42 wrote:
Edit: I noticed you are specced into minion instability. No disrespect intended, but this node is generally viewed as a "noob trap". You are essentially giving up 1/3 of your minion uptime for a one time small burst of damage. While there are some builds that use this effectively, for the most part this node just causes inexperienced summoners to "give up" 1/3 of their army.
Yes it is easy enough to resummon them right now, but when you have dozens of minions in endgame you may not have time to babysit your exploding minion population, or spare the mana to spam new ones.
A word to OP: while I generally agree with quoted, you may want to hold on to this node till you reach act4. It helped at least two of my summoners tremendously with killing crematorium Piety and Gravicius in merciless. Just skeleton spam on top of them worked wonders while trying to kill them "normally" (with zombies/spectres and whatever else) resulted in many deaths.
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info