Required number of deaths to reach lvl 100?

"
Aim_Deep wrote:
Stop whining. Guys make 100 in 2 weeks in HardCore, Not me but that besides the point. I'm not good enough but at least I admit it and try and get better instead of whine about so-called one-shot mechanics.

Git better.

Technically they don't experience one shot mechanics because they instant log at anything remotely dangerous and skip content.

So the best way to hit level 100 in the game is to not challenge yourself what so ever and recognize all the things you should instant log too.
"
RagnarokChu wrote:
So the best way to hit level 100 in the game is to not challenge yourself what so ever and recognize all the things you should instant log too.

That is what L100 means. Also a fuckload of /played time, a little bit of luck on drops (especially stuff like cartos, T1 build-enabling uniques, 6L), and a little bit of time spent trading (but less than it used to be).

I mean, it could mean something different, but until GGG changes core mechanics of the game, that's what it means now.

Imagine if you couldn't level from X->X+1 unless you killed the (X-84) tier boss.
ex. To level from 83 or below, you don't need to enter maps.
ex. To level from 84 to 85, you need to kill a T1 map boss.
ex. To level from 85 to 86, you need to kill a T2 map boss.
ex. To level from 99 to 100, you need to kill a T15 map boss.
... (or some other curve like that, where you hit explicit roadblocks.)

Or imagine if the map boss gave 20% of the experience of the entire zone.

Or imagine if extremely difficult map affixes gave minor experience bonuses instead of/in addition to quant.

Nothing about the current experience curve talks anything about challenging yourself or avoiding instant logout. The only thing that comes close to requiring challenge is requiring decent iiq/packsize to keep your map pool going, but even then, you can theoretically just purchase all your maps and instead spend time trading for them. Also, you don't really need maps >T12 to hit L100.

(I'm specifically avoiding talking about introducing a logout timer since that just means that dropped connections and/or crashed clients means character death.)
"
Pyrokar wrote:
What if the lvl100 hc guys use the fishing rods in weapon swaps to avoid the one shot mechanic? Anyone thought about that?

Not much use: The fishing rod only works that way if you wear the pirate hat. And that's a big down side in high levels...
May your maps be bountiful, exile
"
RudeLion wrote:
i would guess this mechanic either doesn't exist in hardcore or is tuned way down. One good thing about knowing about this however is that you can run through things a lot faster and farm more efficiently during the begining of your new level and just not think about leveling at all for the first few days and grind some currency or maps or whatever. then once the mobs become submissive you can finish leveling.

I stop reading right now after this. The OP is just a troll or a clown...
Bethesda is known for having good ideas and terrible realization of them. GGG is a Bethesda subsidiary or what?
Surprise deaths in PoE clearly happen for the same reason they happen in WoW... Stealthed Level 100 Rogue (Exiles), hiding and waiting to gank unsuspecting lowbies...

Mystery Solved
Each time i read "i'm hardcore, you noob, casual, go play another game" i really read on my mind "i'm a poor nerd, i never had smelt a pussy, i need to be someone in a sad game cause i'm nobody in real life"
"
MildorDArkehn wrote:
Each time i read "i'm hardcore, you noob, casual, go play another game" i really read on my mind "i'm a poor nerd, i never had smelt a pussy, i need to be someone in a sad game cause i'm nobody in real life"

Each time i read those kind of comments, i get cancer :/

Hope i won't read many more, else i will have to quit my full time job, leave my GF and delete my HC only PoE account to cure cancer :(

"
Each time i read those kind of comments, i get cancer :/

Hope i won't read many more, else i will have to quit my full time job, leave my GF and delete my HC only PoE account to cure cancer :(

Ok, good luck

BTW I'm not saying that all HC players are on that way. Is a read understanding question.
Last edited by MildorDArkehn on Feb 11, 2016, 7:01:21 AM
Even without dying getting to level 100 takes a serious time investment. Dying in this video game though isn't actually tied to a grand conspiracy theory (which I think is what is being implied here). I would look at your build/gear and then the content you're trying to tackle - there's a hang-up somewhere in this equation. If you're trying a new build or new gear start with easier content before diving into your hardest maps etc.
This is not an Hc vs SC issue, if you build your character well there are very few things that can 2-shot you, and those 1/30 map 1-shot situations you need to deal somewhow.

Know your enemies, be ready to take that 1 hit (not from some bosses), be ready for the fight(switch gear/auras/gems) or be a whiny, lazy and stupid :D
d:-D*

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info