Required number of deaths to reach lvl 100?

This thread is just another rant about "random" spike damage (which good players see coming and avoid accordingly^^).
Zero deaths are required.
I don't understand this thread.
OP is a troll, case closed
Last edited by IceDeal on Feb 8, 2016, 5:39:17 PM
"
Sa_Re wrote:
This thread is just another rant about "random" spike damage (which good players see coming and avoid accordingly^^).

Unless you go #driedlaketo100 there is always luck involved, not even the greatest "pro" player will have full control over every situation where spike/burst damage is involved.

Neither do I think that there is some kind of threshold / xp check involved, but saying that you can avoid each and every death is just nonsense.
the OP wants to know how many different monsters and bosses have the ability to basically one shot you with their abilities. such as Thraxia, Incarcerator, T15 Malachai, etc -- monsters or bosses that even with no mods will kill you immediately. the claim is that GGG creates bosses and mods that give the monsters ability to take you from 100 to 0 in less time than you can pump a pot to avoid death -- and I agree with the OP that this is GGG's only solution to creating a longer game duration. I also view this game mechanic as brain dead, unimaginative, lack of innovation involving the gameplay mechanic that is IMMENSELY overly pushed in this game, and a cop out method for giving path of exile a longer lifespan. the game should NOT revolve around how little (or ZERO) time you have to react.

*however*, I do agree that endgame -- purely endgame -- bosses like T15 Malachai and Uber Atziri should spike damage. absolutely end of the line monsters should have the ability to scare you shitless and make you play safe and precisely correct. not random bosses and monsters leading up to the endgame.
Last edited by keshanberk on Feb 8, 2016, 10:24:23 PM
It's proportional to the IIR/life that you have on your gear. I think yours is higher than the average.
Last edited by Mephisto_n on Feb 8, 2016, 10:42:19 PM
"
keshanberk wrote:
the OP wants to know how many different monsters and bosses have the ability to basically one shot you with their abilities. such as Thraxia, Incarcerator, T15 Malachai, etc -- monsters or bosses that even with no mods will kill you immediately. the claim is that GGG creates bosses and mods that give the monsters ability to take you from 100 to 0 in less time than you can pump a pot to avoid death -- and I agree with the OP that this is GGG's only solution to creating a longer game duration. I also view this game mechanic as brain dead, unimaginative, lack of innovation involving the gameplay mechanic that is IMMENSELY overly pushed in this game, and a cop out method for giving path of exile a longer lifespan. the game should NOT revolve around how little (or ZERO) time you have to react.

*however*, I do agree that endgame -- purely endgame -- bosses like T15 Malachai and Uber Atziri should spike damage. absolutely end of the line monsters should have the ability to scare you shitless and make you play safe and precisely correct. not random bosses and monsters leading up to the endgame.

now this is an intelligent and thoughtful post. take notes you flouride zombies.

this is exactly what i'm getting at. I love the shit out of this game but when you remove the ability for me to learn and adapt to situations by making random crap one shot me out of nowhere with no explaination it removes the enguagement factor from the game. i'm left with mindlessly trodding through it and i just have to say well there's that BS factor again oh well move along...

"
RudeLion wrote:
"
keshanberk wrote:

now this is an intelligent and thoughtful post. take notes you flouride zombies.

this is exactly what i'm getting at. I love the shit out of this game but when you remove the ability for me to learn and adapt to situations by making random crap one shot me out of nowhere with no explaination it removes the enguagement factor from the game. i'm left with mindlessly trodding through it and i just have to say well there's that BS factor again oh well move along...

This is excatly my opinion, too.
@OP: if you chose your tone more carefully, people would be less likely to misunderstand and flame
May your maps be bountiful, exile
"
RudeLion wrote:
if you havn't noticed what i'm talking about personally then i don't think you're paying attention. I can tell from playing that this happens only after you've gained enough xp to lose some and then it will happen a number of times and then stop finally. This is not the first thread about this either.

best tinfoil hat sentence ever read on this forum

Fuck my work i'll read this thread from now on

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info