How badly will a KB totem build suck?

made a KB trapper last league but i played with KB totems too.

#Ludvator seems to be the only one knowing something about this with his "proper movement and totem placement is crucial". that shit is paramount.
- KB on totem makes it so that when a mob is in pointblank range, the projectiles are fired at max spread(120degree angle or so); you'll be lucky if you get to hit a mob with a proj+an AOE explosion(even with frostwall down).
- most often than not you'll not be offscreening mobs; totems have a fixed acquiring range.
- if you want to do something this league, do it with poison; stack AOE increases, phys/chaos damage, proj damage, a duration node/cluster, attack speed, frenzy, haste/vaal haste.
each AoE explosion will add a poison stack so you can, in theory, end up with 5+ poison stacks per mob from 1 shot of each totem; that's 100% more(than the hit) dmg.
Last edited by kreca73 on Feb 9, 2016, 4:06:13 AM
Agree with kreca73, do the poison this league. It will most likely be nerfed (or fixed if you like) in Ascendancy, that shit is broken as fuck, in some cases, it equals hundreds % of "more" damage, trivializing boss fights

but I have to repeat, pierce is what makes KB totem strong, much more explosions, coverage and stuff. sometimes it off-screens, often clears whole screen rapidly
IGN: Eric_Lindros
CET: Timezone
imo, on totems, fork is better for clearing because it keeps the AoE at mob pack level but it also depends on your other support gems(gmp vs lmp for ex).
you could also try using only the jewel with +2 proj and chain.
overall, the supports will depend on your level and gear progression.
Last edited by kreca73 on Feb 9, 2016, 11:50:19 AM
Was thinking about a KB totem for Ascendancy. I saw DeadEye's Endless Munitions and I've wanted to try KB for a while and totems make me lol.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info