[2.1] Curse Breaker - Crit Facebreaker with Rigwald's Curse talisman - Endgame build

Greetings exiles!

Most of you have heard of the Facebreaker gloves (if you haven't, check out KorgothBG's thread). Some of you may have wondered how powerful it can be if you can crit with Facebreaker. With the new unique Rigwald's Curse in Talisman league, you can now have 7% base crit with unarmed and receive bonus from claw damage modifiers. In this build log, I will show you my attempt to push crit Facebreaker to endgame and some further ideas for improvement.

Pros

- High damage and decent clear speed.
- Above average defense.
- Leveling is a blast and fun.

Cons

- Vulnerable to reflect and require you to pay attention to monster.
- Chaos damage is dangerous since I cannot fit in any Chaos res.

Spoiler

I have tried all unarmed skills out there except Dominating Blow, Shield Charge and Elemental Hit. Here are my conclusion:

• Infernal Blow: great leveling skill, especially with the improved Melee Spash AoE. However, it requires you to manually target the monster and you are still vulnerable to being stunned. Using Multistrike is a staple for this but it will lock you down until you have finished 3 punches. Furthermore, endgame monsters have higher fire resistance, making the skill fall off in damage if you don't use any method to penetrate their resist. You will also leech less since your physical portion will be smaller.
  • Ice Crash: I really like the skill and how safe I can be using Ice Crash. Monsters are stunned, chilled and frozen. With Martial Artistry, and Inc. AoE support gem, you can achieve very good AoE for clearing and kiting mobs. The problems with the skill are the damage conversion in late game and the fact that it concentrates on hitting really hard, making reflect too hard to tackle.
  • Frenzy: a good skill damage wise and it guarantees Frenzy Charge generation. However, my clear speed is slowed down significantly compared to IB or IC since there will be some hit that only kill the main target but not the splashed monsters.
  • Cyclone: A perfect skill for a hard hitting build like this. It does not require to manually target monster, grant stun immunity and focus on hitting faster with smaller hits which makes reflect easier to deal with and synergise well with the amount of leeching I have in this build. The drawback is the insane mana cost and rather small AoE. This is solved my mana leech from tree and jewels like Warlord's Reach and Martial Artistry. The first hit nerf kinda hurt but you will see in the video section that with good attack speed and high damage, it is not noticable at all.
  • My current setup: Cyclone - Faster Attacks - Added Fire Damage - Inc. AoE (Con. Effect for bosses) - Melee Physical Damage - Fortify I used a phys to lightning gem instead of Added Fire so reflect will be easier to deal with. After getting Lightning Coil and all the flasks, Added Fire will be better since you will have more physical damage and in endgame, its better than most other damage type.

Spoiler

My gear:

Spoiler

• Amulet: Rigwald's Curse. No discussion here. It is absolutely required to enable unarmed to crit.
  • Rings: Resist, life, flat phys. I don't have a lot of other slots to get resistance so I chose to get as high res as I can on gear. Diamond rings would be nice but it requires perfect gears and jewels to balance the resist loss.
  • Chest: I have tried 6L astral with tri-res and around 1k2 armour, died to reflect. I tried Daresso's Defiance, died to reflect even more. I did not tried Carcass Jack but I know that it would not help with reflect so the final choice is Lightning Coil. I can see Belly of the Beast works but I am not sure.
  • Boots: Rare boots with tri res. Movement speed is importance. Hybrid eva/armour is a bonus.
  • Belt: armour, tri res rare Rustic Sash is the choice. Again, I have to balance the resist in this build and Meginord's Girdle can't cut it. I have same life, about 5k less tooltip damage but more resistance to work with.
  • Helmet: Abyssus. It has everything I can possibly want for a crit Facebreaker build. Flat phys, stats, crit multi and armour. The increased phys taken is party covered by Lightning Coil. It is not worth to play this build without Abyssus.
  • Offhand: This is the part I have experiment a lot with. I have tried with a Spike-Point quiver with flat phys, crit chance, crit mult and life. I have tried with Death's Hand. At some point I was gearing to try Eclipse Solaris but then I settle for the Great Old One's Ward. In general, for offence: Rare Quiver > Great Old One's Ward ~ Death's Hand. But for defense, using a shield will be much much safer and help pathing across the passive tree feel less awkward.

Spoiler

This build can either be Duelist or Ranger. If you choose Ranger, you can save 1 point to get out of the starting area but in Ascendancy, Duelist can choose to ascend to Gladiator, which will boost survivability and clear speed by a lot.

My current passive tree (more discussion in the below section)

Bandit: Oak-Kill-End Charge

Jewel:
Mostly life, claw phys, phys, crit mult. Mana gained on hit is not needed since I took mana leech on the tree but it is hard to find a replacement.

Warlord's Reach vs Martial Artistry (using Inc. AoE). Base AoE is 4 and I get 2 from Master of the Arena.
- AoE with WR: (4+2+1)*1.49 = 10.46
- AoE with MA: (4+2)*1.64 = 9.84
WR>MA for AoE but I am currently using MA anyway since Enduring Cry and Reckoning also benefit from it.

Pugilist is really good if you socket it in the ranger area. With my current tree it provides 46% phys damage and 23% eva. I would still choose a rare jewel with life since I don't mind the damage loss.

Spoiler

For Defense:

Reflect is a huge problem!

I have tried to go deeper into block, Acrobatics with no block, IR with grace and finally settle at this hybrid state. I have a bit armour, a bit evasion and some block. That couple with Enduring Cry, Taste of Hate and Lightning Coil help me survive through reflect. Hybrid is also better when have a curser in my party since I can more benefit from Enfeeble. Some thoughts:

• Going down to the block wheel to Testudo is great but I will have to lose some life or accuracy. With Testudo and a well roll Rumi's Concoction I can reach >70% block chance which is really good. But I will be more vulnerable to spells since my life will be lower.
  • Going Acro is bad. If reflect get through (which it will at some point) and reach your low armour, it will rip you instantly.
  • IR with grace: I originally used this setup with 6L astral plate and have a bit more than 10k armour. I can have a bit more with a really good rare eva chest since I have a lot of evasion rating from the tree but I lose 1 link since I have to use Blood Magic gem and for big hit or reflect, it is still dangerous.

I also invested quite heavily on leech, leech rate, etc. This helps me regenerate quickly between hard hits.

For Offense:

• Frenzy Charge generation with Blood Rage.
  • Power Charge generation with Blasphemy + Assasin's Mark
  • Taste of Hate to mitigate phys damage and boost damage.
  • Vessel of Vinktar for instant leech and shock for 50% more damage
  • Assasin's Mark is a huge boost for damage. 10% flat crit chance and huge bonus crit damage. A good crit to a reflect mob can be dangerous though.
  • Flat accuracy from Dex is enough. More from rings is nice but I will need better gear to balance resist.

My offense stat
Increased AoE no flask no charge
Increased AoE with ToH and charges
Conc. Effect with charges
Conc. Effect with charges + ToH + Vinktar
Phys to lightning 21/20 instead of Inc. AoE. With charge + flasks
[li][/li]

My Defense Stat
Defense w/o flasks and endcharge

Spoiler

The loot filter used in my videos. The endgame version which I use simplifies the drop I see on the screen and make my life much easier. Check it out!

FAQ

Spoiler

Q: Is Crit Mult gem good?
A: I have less tooltip damage with crit mult but when I crit, it feels much stronger. But it will amplify the physical part of the damage which makes reflect more dangerous. Short answer: No. use Added Fire instead.

Q: Is phys to lightning (P2L) an option?
A: If I have to fit it in my current setup, I would use it instead of Added Fire since the AoE is much needed for clear speed. It would yield about the same tooltip as Added Fire but I will have less phys damage => less leech from bloodrage & less damage vs lightning resist mobs.

Q: How about Weapon Elemental Damage gem?
A: It will not do anything since I am not using a weapon.

Q: Is this HC viable?
A: It can be if you use a rare shield with flat phys, armour, resist and high life instead of Great Old One's Ward. A rare shield alleviate a lot of pressure to get resist in other slots and you can utilize that fact to get more chaos res. I would not choose this build for my first character though because without good gears, reflect is a huge problem.

Bull's PoE Build compilation: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1639201
Last edited by F4F_Lucifer on Feb 8, 2016, 6:53:13 AM
Last bumped on Mar 5, 2016, 6:11:52 AM
Reserved
Bull's PoE Build compilation: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1639201
Hi, I also tried an Unarmed crit, but as a Shadow (look for Estheticien here).
I'm far from your dps yet I've sold the reflect matter with Vaal Pact, which is really impressive with this build.

Yet I've got many other problems.
First I couldn't use Abyssus + Lightning Coil because of the resists, and well I see that I could be rid of Meginord instead...
Then my survival is really too dependant of my ability to hit(and i only got 4k life...) this leads me to have a lot of accuracy. May be Infernal Blow was a wrong choice, but what a hell it's so fun to BLOW THEM ALL. Yet i got many death because of this (and i'm not really good when I have to clic on one specific thing).
I'm too low in crit chance, even when I had Increased crit chance instead of Additional accuracy (but yeah now is worth)
Will try this build when the new expansion is coming. Have some questions about the build.
Will you update the guide soon? There is a few legacy items that could boost this build by a lot.
Rampart from the tree is maybe a good option for boosting fortify? It's not that faraway.
Finally how are the 6 acendancy points going to be used?
"
khanlid wrote:
Hi, I also tried an Unarmed crit, but as a Shadow (look for Estheticien here).
I'm far from your dps yet I've sold the reflect matter with Vaal Pact, which is really impressive with this build.

Yet I've got many other problems.
First I couldn't use Abyssus + Lightning Coil because of the resists, and well I see that I could be rid of Meginord instead...
Then my survival is really too dependant of my ability to hit(and i only got 4k life...) this leads me to have a lot of accuracy. May be Infernal Blow was a wrong choice, but what a hell it's so fun to BLOW THEM ALL. Yet i got many death because of this (and i'm not really good when I have to clic on one specific thing).
I'm too low in crit chance, even when I had Increased crit chance instead of Additional accuracy (but yeah now is worth)

Greetings,

If you don't want to use lightning coil and want to use Infernal Blow instead, I would recommend trying to stack at least 5 end charge, some block and use arctic armour. I tried Vaal Pact before and didn't like it since it negate my ~3% life regen, thus making blood rage a pain to use and BR is a big part in the build not only for the leech but also attack speed. Moreover, reflect is now quite easy to be seen so you can just pop a Vinktar and tank it.

In my build, I have ~87% chance to hit w/o any accuracy on gear and only from Dex + passives. Using cyclone, I found it to be enough vs most bosses in the game since it hits very fast (my crit seems to be lower vs something like Atziri tho since she has some eva I suppose, again it can be solved with a diamond flask). For IB, Multistrike auto target will help a lot but you will definately want something ~89% accuracy since the hitting cycle is slower than cyclone. Since you don't use coil, Diamond Rings can be used here to help with crit chance and you should be able to achieve something ~50% crit with charges and ~60% with curse, which I think is reliable enough. Ice golem would help a bit too.

Hope it helps a bit.
"
Nordatheman wrote:
Will try this build when the new expansion is coming. Have some questions about the build.
Will you update the guide soon? There is a few legacy items that could boost this build by a lot.
Rampart from the tree is maybe a good option for boosting fortify? It's not that faraway.
Finally how are the 6 acendancy points going to be used?

Hi Nordatheman,

I am quite busy irl atm but I will definately come back to this build when Ascendancy arrives and update. I expect to be able to do Uber in standard using my legacy Lightning Coil.

For Ascendancy, I will spec into Gladiator and take Painforged, Versatile Combatant and Gratuitous Violence. This will help me achieve 75/75 block with a Rumi and also improve clear speed + damage against bleeding enemies (which I expect to be able to do quite often with a fast hitting skill like cyclone).

This build is already very tight in passive points so I don't see any way to get Rampart w/o sacrificing either defense/offense. The node itself is not that worthy imo since all we have is ~ 2% damage reduction from hit. I'd rather take more life/block on the tree if I get to higher lvl.

Thx for the help!
But I'm going to ask for one more;)
Can you update the passive skill tree, because right now there is no passive points in it.
Was about to play this build and had already all the gear and gems for it, but could not see how you put in your passive points.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info