When you think it's time to stop chancing items because it's never works ...

@hmcg020

Well the millions of monster doesn't apply to Skyforth because it has a drop restriction of lvl 84, so only rare mobs and unique bosses in a tier 15 map, or a strongbox of Ascendance at top roll(increase item level by 5) in a minimum of tier 12 maps can drop Skyforth. And I don't think that many people are killing monster at this level or is rolling their tier 12 strongboxs to top roll in Ascendence to get Skyforth.If your map RNG isn't good or you dont want to buy high end maps, you might as well try and chance it IMO.
I played for 3 years, and only uniques that I've ever chanced are
1. Trollner
2. Drillneck
3. Maligaro's gloves
4. Rat's Nest
The real hardcore PoE players and the elites sit in town and zoning in and out of their hideouts trading items. Noobs that don't know how to play PoE correctly, kill monsters for items. It's pure fact, it will never change.

Welcome to PoE.
Back in Open Beta I chanced a Lioneye's and in Anarchy a Mirror dropped for me.

This league I found my first Shavs (Coward's Trial map, but not unique necro at the end but first or second floor).
"
Alio wrote:
I had my first chance success this season (before the one in the video) after many years of try. It was on a Gavel, giving me a Cameria's Maul. Trashed it and traded all my chance orbs the minute after ...

(don't loose faith exiles !)

This is why you only chance bases that have good uniques!

Creator of the Praxis ring.
Want to stop power creep? Gut crit chance and crit multi.
"
"
Alio wrote:
I had my first chance success this season (before the one in the video) after many years of try. It was on a Gavel, giving me a Cameria's Maul. Trashed it and traded all my chance orbs the minute after ...

(don't loose faith exiles !)

This is why you only chance bases that have good uniques!

I wanted to play a Mjölner build this season, that's why I was going with Gavel (and I'm using them for the chisel recipe also, so it's still worth picking them !)

But definitely yes, except if you're aiming for a specific item you need, you shoud restrain yourself on few very expensive items and pray RNGesus to look at you :)
Why not chance for a very expensive item and sell that to make your whole build then?

"
leverloos wrote:
Why not chance for a very expensive item and sell that to make your whole build then?

I don't think you have the same chance to get a specific unique from your chance orb, it's may be related to the drop chance of the item itself (correct me if I'm wrong).

So when you start the league and don't have much currency, if you're waiting only for that Shav or Skyforth chanced item, you may wait for a loooooong time.
If you're going for something less rare, but that would benefit you greatly directly, with only self-drop item, it's seems a good idea to use your chance orb on them.
i always use a shit-tons of chance orbs and got some uniques (mostly shitty ones), the best are a soul taker and a ventor's gamble.

the last one when doing chisel recipe on a gavel i got an unique but... cameria, i was so sad.
I get that. but maybe the drop rate of skyforth or voll's are not that bad. we just dont have a lot of data to go by.

Considering voll's is bound by map mod
and skyforth only drops in T15 maps from rare and bosses

they are rare because there is not a lot of monsters that drop them. And chancing them will probably give you a lot better return in terms of cost then it is to chance other uniques.

Playing self found I could see this being the case. But outside of that, There probably is no reason to chance anything except high value uniques.
The removal of ilvl requirements for chancing was a bad decision. I didn't understand it back then and I don't do now.

The whiners seem to have won this battle.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info