When you think it's time to stop chancing items because it's never works ...

Sometimes it does.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KegzwcVXWBc&feature=youtu.be

I'm all confused now :|
Last bumped on Sep 20, 2016, 9:16:57 AM
after 3 + years of chanc'ing for shav's i had gotten a shav for the first time in Talisman.

Its a lottery after all.

Gratz btw.
Domine Non Es Dignus
Last edited by Zinja on Feb 7, 2016, 7:51:06 PM
ive never gotten anything good with chances and im pretty sure ive spent over 1000 at this point.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
I had my first chance success this season (before the one in the video) after many years of try. It was on a Gavel, giving me a Cameria's Maul. Trashed it and traded all my chance orbs the minute after ...

(don't loose faith exiles !)
I remember when I very first started playing I told my dad who introduced me to the game, hey check out thee orbs they make unique items...As I chanced a goldrim hat with my very first chance orb. I was very disappointed after I found out that it doesn't usually work like that. I used all my luck and have never had it work since:(
Hah nice. I half expected you to chance a second thing when I saw there were still 40 seconds or so left to the video, but no dice.

Interesting tidbit on chancing skyforth (something I did early in the league and regrettably sold right away for a meager 25ex):

If we assume the item is worth 60ex, chances are worth 6:1c, and chaos are 70:1ex in talisman, it would take 25,200 chances (6 * 70 * 60) before your chancing attempts at skyforth put you in the red.

The numbers may not be perfectly accurate, as I haven't really been participating in the economy as much as I was a few weeks ago, but I think it's safe to say that chancing sorc boots is always worth the investment.
IGN: Smegmazoid
Long live the new Flesh
I am jealous. I want to congratulate you but seeing this makes me salty as hell. When is it my time RNGesus?!
Sound the dread alarm, through the primal body! Sound the reveille, to be or not to be. Rise! Stay the grand finale! Stay the reading of our swan song and epilogue. One drive to stay alive! Elementary, muster every fiber. Mobilize! Stay alive!
I have spent at least 10,000 chances in my 3 years playing PoE.

I have only ever gotten 2 wyrm's molt belts. That's it.

The 'chance' is so unbelievably low and that's why there's about 3 videos, in the world, where people have gotten skyforth boots.

I have spent about 2000 chance on sorcerer boots alone. I've spent about another 1000 on leather belts.

The guy who created skyforth boots spent 250 ex worth of scour/chance orbs trying. He failed.

It's absolutely not worth wasting currency buying chance orbs as the odds are much lower than a lottery. Think about it.

Millions of monsters killed per second worldwide and how many people have skyforth since they came out, 10 - 20?

Think also about how many people have found a mirror too. With a lottery, it's one shot and that's it per week. With PoE, you kill thousands of monsters per hour, each having that one shot to drop. With millions of people killing thousands per hour, there's an enormously higher chance if it were the same as a local lottery. But no, they're found at a 10,000 times lower rate than lottery winners (im obviously making that figure up).

RNGesus is old testament in PoE. since I started playing RNG-RPGs back in 1995, I've never encountered a game as dedicated to 'grind or die'.

Only chance what you self-find.
No one can hear you poop in the forrest.
"
hmcg020 wrote:
I have spent at least 10,000 chances in my 3 years playing PoE.

I have only ever gotten 2 wyrm's molt belts. That's it.

The 'chance' is so unbelievably low and that's why there's about 3 videos, in the world, where people have gotten skyforth boots.

I have spent about 2000 chance on sorcerer boots alone. I've spent about another 1000 on leather belts.

The guy who created skyforth boots spent 250 ex worth of scour/chance orbs trying. He failed.

It's absolutely not worth wasting currency buying chance orbs as the odds are much lower than a lottery. Think about it.

Millions of monsters killed per second worldwide and how many people have skyforth since they came out, 10 - 20?

Think also about how many people have found a mirror too. With a lottery, it's one shot and that's it per week. With PoE, you kill thousands of monsters per hour, each having that one shot to drop. With millions of people killing thousands per hour, there's an enormously higher chance if it were the same as a local lottery. But no, they're found at a 10,000 times lower rate than lottery winners (im obviously making that figure up).

RNGesus is old testament in PoE. since I started playing RNG-RPGs back in 1995, I've never encountered a game as dedicated to 'grind or die'.

Only chance what you self-find.

And this is precisely why skyforth is worth what it is. Superstition.

I will state, once again, that skyforth is worth roughly 25 THOUSAND chances. That is a tremendous number. If you think the odds are lower than that, sorry for ya'. They aren't.
IGN: Smegmazoid
Long live the new Flesh
Last edited by JahIthBer89 on Feb 8, 2016, 5:59:25 AM
haha nice!. I would have stopped playing then and there just in case some DC and weird rollback happened.
Git R Dun!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info