Why is it that players who dont play standard

"
Boem wrote:
"
Zinja wrote:

Spoiler
Well Mister fancy pants , this inst reddit or something where your snippy no liners get upvotes.

shit negative premise you say?

Every one can see the number of threads on a semi daily basis asking for a change in the trade system/ asking for the implementation of asynchronous trading . And in Every single one of those threads you have people like You making posts just to beat on the Original Posters.

you have the naysayers and fear mongering fanatics proclaiming all matter of cockamamie bull shit about " NO AH EVER" these are the same people who don't want to play standard , beat on it as its economy sucks and they don't want GGG to do anything which fixes it and at the same time they wont play on it to increase the trade scene.

I just don't understand the logic behind these fanatics who go on and on about bot's RMT, Flippers ... they are there in every fucking game, every league , There is nothing that implementing trade system will change what they are already doing. Why punish people who cant no-life and sit 24/7 in the game hoping for some trade that may or may not happen ../

Surprisingly enough a lot of the recent threads some very very good solutions like "CAPTCHA " for async trade systems to prevent bot's seems to be the most promising solution yet.

My one liners are reserved for threads without sustenance.

/tips hat

Peace,

-Boem-

The word you are looking for is substance. Which is something your mind lacks.

/puts your fedora back on your head
Creator of the Praxis ring.
Want to stop power creep? Gut crit chance and crit multi.
Last edited by Fluffy_Puppies on Feb 8, 2016, 3:02:17 AM
"

No. But if you then make claims about standard such as it having a bad economy (gear is actually cheaper on standard), or that it is a 'dumpster' league (the league with the best items and best equiped characters is a dumpster? Lol), or that 'no one plays standard' (outside the first few weeks of leagues it is the most popular) then yes I would say you are immature.

People think the best item and best equipped character on standard is a problem. It is similar to the idea that legacy is a problem. If you have people with best item and best equipped character, you can't compete with them. We see this in PVP on standard, fortunately POE isn't PVP focus game.

"
There are other incorrect things that league players are prone to say. One I had just heard in this thread is 'leagues are more rewarding'. Lets work through why this statement isn't well thought out: Imagine moving to a new town, finding a job, and saving money in a bank. Then 3 months later you move again, find a new job, and open a new bank account to save money in. You don't use the money you have previously earned, instead you willingly pretend it doesn't exist. You never get to go on vacations, you never get to buy nice things. Where is the reward in that?

In certain instance temporary leagues are more rewarding. Temporary leagues has specific modifiers or features that the permanent leagues don't have, which lead indirectly to better drop rates. There is also Race rewards and Ladders. You could earn the same reward in Temporary leagues if not more, if you get over the hurdle of starting over.
"
deathflower wrote:
"

No. But if you then make claims about standard such as it having a bad economy (gear is actually cheaper on standard), or that it is a 'dumpster' league (the league with the best items and best equiped characters is a dumpster? Lol), or that 'no one plays standard' (outside the first few weeks of leagues it is the most popular) then yes I would say you are immature.

People think the best item and best equipped character on standard is a problem. It is similar to the idea that legacy is a problem. If you have people with best item and best equipped character, you can't compete with them. We see this in PVP on standard, fortunately POE isn't PVP focus game.

"
There are other incorrect things that league players are prone to say. One I had just heard in this thread is 'leagues are more rewarding'. Lets work through why this statement isn't well thought out: Imagine moving to a new town, finding a job, and saving money in a bank. Then 3 months later you move again, find a new job, and open a new bank account to save money in. You don't use the money you have previously earned, instead you willingly pretend it doesn't exist. You never get to go on vacations, you never get to buy nice things. Where is the reward in that?

In certain instance temporary leagues are more rewarding. Temporary leagues has specific modifiers or features that the permanent leagues don't have, which lead indirectly to better drop rates. There is also Race rewards and Ladders. You could earn the same reward in Temporary leagues if not more, if you get over the hurdle of starting over.

Yeah. I wouldn't argue with anything you just said though. You aren't the type I and many other standard players are sick of.
Offline trading/1-click buyout wouldn't improve the economy though, regardless of temporary or permanent.

It does improving trading experience, which has nothing to do with economy health.
Irrelevant, responding to fluffy , my bad.

Look up the difference between sustenance and substance, cheers?

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
Last edited by Boem on Feb 8, 2016, 3:45:09 AM
"
Because those that don't give a flying fuck about it don't discuss it. And those that care for whatever reasons are the only one you can see.

Logic

This. As long as I don't get a free pirate costume I'm not gonna play standard. I also have no clue how much the economy differs and thus, I have never commented on it. Probably 95% or more of temp league players are like that...
"
Boem wrote:
Irrelevant, responding to fluffy , my bad.

Look up the difference between sustenance and substance, cheers?

Peace,

-Boem-

Lol...one of us does need to look it up. Most likely the one of us that didn't teach English for 2 years...

I wouldn't want to respond to someone who made me consistently look foolish either.
Last edited by Fluffy_Puppies on Feb 8, 2016, 6:45:58 AM
"
deathflower wrote:
"

im going to address both quotes here:

So having everything cheap is a double edged sword. on one hand , yes there are lots of things to buy for a cheap price. but on the other hand not much that drops is of any value.

The end result is that wealth accumulation for players that are not that lucky or well established is quite literally a grind for crafted currency. the perfect example would be "woot high roll tri res life , armor chest, i can make a chaos orb out of this if i complete a recipe set".

That's standard.

Now on too the whole concept of having people with the best stuff as not being an issue , this is only partially true. The thing is that for most people in standard (including those who dont play it).. they already have everything they want as result of years of temp league accumulation.

ill pay 2 exa for a rats nest in temp leagues. i have 5 or 6 rats nest on standard. i just dont need them.

Me having nearly everything i could reasonably want on standard makes me far less likely to buy anything on the market unless i want a radically new build. but even then most of the time that is all about buying a few skill gems or leveling them my self plus the token build enabling unique i might not have yet.

A better way to look at standard is as a temp league that has perpetually settled

"
"

No thats not necessarily why temp leagues are more rewarding. This goes back to that bit i said about standard being settled. It is a simple fact that in the first month of temp leagues several times more items and currency are moving around.

in my case this league i made about 10 exa just on items that would never . ever . not even for a second.. sell in standard.

It is a known fact that an unstable market is ripe for exploiting. crappy leveling unique items become valuable again. mf gear becomes needed again. gems are desired in bulk , resistance rares are not common yet and even mid tier uniques that naturally go down as more pile up hold a solid rate well into half-way through a league.

I dont need any of that on standard because again. i have years worth of temp league stuff being dumped into standard.

If you are even a tiny bit trade savy (and i mean smart and dedicated enough to set up a shop) you can make much more money in a shorter period of time than on standard.
Last edited by Saltychipmunk on Feb 8, 2016, 7:48:24 AM
being unable to complete challenges for mtx outfits sort of make me regret playing talisman nowadays. Just slowly pushing forward to get at least 28 challenges in the couple of weeks left really stresses you out. The jacked up prices on challenge related items dont help either. This is IMO why i'd often think standard is better plus the chat there is relatively less toxic when something happens.
Just another Forum Signature in a Sea of Signatures.
I really enjoy temp leagues, as much as I like standard league. The only thing is that when i'm on one I usually dont play the other... for example now i'm enjoying talisman band I dont log on standard.. during rampage or warbands leagues instead i just played standard chars...
Visit my shop!

〆〆〆 ( ( ( THE BALROG'S BAZAAR ) ) ) 〆〆〆

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info