Need help wtih Blade Vortex build

Basically, title says it all. Damage is way too low, survivability is way too low too. I can't do lvl 70 content without dying.

Gear:
Spoiler

Disregard the gems, I've been trying a lot of stuff. Besides, the problem is, I don't have enough damage to do bosses that are piss easy on my lvl 83 summoner and I can't keep more than 36 blades up. Any help? Btw, main spell links are: Blade Vortex - Controlled Destruction - Faster casting - Spell echo - Increased Aoe OR Concentrated effect.

EDIT: Forgot passive tree:

EDIT 2: Tooltip dps is 5k
Last edited by KuroNekoSan on Feb 7, 2016, 3:31:19 PM
1) Buy a level 20 blade vortex instead of the level 13 you seem to be using.

2) You need stun immunity. You'll get hit too often with BV which disrupts your casting. Wear an eye of chayula.
3) You could try using a cybil's paw. With enough blades up you'll leech a lot of life per hit.
4) Use whirling blades - fortify for movement.

If it is mana issues that keeps you from casting, try blasphemy - warlords mark
"
Bada_Bing wrote:
1) Buy a level 20 blade vortex instead of the level 13 you seem to be using.

Ok, that helped tons, now I can leech tank the act 4 bosses comfortably even without fortify. I guess I forgot how much increased levels help with spells. Any other tips on how to get past 36~38 blades and how can I improve the tree?
Edit: For clarification, it's not mana issues (Running lvl 20 clarity and mana regen rings), I really can't sustain over 38 blades.
Last edited by KuroNekoSan on Feb 8, 2016, 9:47:52 AM
Try increased duration instead of concentrated effect/increased aoe as Exceptional Performance is still 9 points away. If you are running with conc.effect usually, clearspeed should increase (better aoe and more blades up).
for damage you want blade vortex, inc duration, spell echo, conc effect and controlled destruction. 6th link is optional to whatever you want but that should for sure be your 5L no question.

you're spec'd for crit but you have a real crap dagger for crit BV. get something like this. i crafted this myself for pretty cheap (just threw on 2 ex to see if i would get anything worthwhile).

Use kris for the base and just alt until you get 2x spell things like crit to spells and x-x damage to spells. regal to see what you get, and master craft what is left (like spell damage).

you want crit chance, multi and spell damage as most important. the x-x damage to spells is just bonus and doesn't add nearly as much DPS as the others.

you're also spec'd low life ES but yet you don't use an ES shield. this will MASSIVELY lower your ES amount, as the bulk of your ES should come from your shield. get a new shield.
get an ES shield and if you can afford it, get one with crit chance on it, or spell damage.

IMO you should also run the flask nodes at witch, until they're removed in ascendancy anyway. pick up a rumi's flask and run stone of lazhwar with rainbowstride boots. you should be able to get close to 75/75 block depending on how good of a rumi's you get. this will help GREATLY with survivability, and will also allow you to bypass eye since you can't get stunned if you don't get hit.

its very hard to sustain BV on mana. not sure how well you're doing with it or not. however what makes it much easily is vaal skills. as crit BV you should be shattering everything. if you get a chill of corruption you'll be swimming with vaal skills. with all the increased duration BV builds get you're insane for not taking advantage of vaal skills. i run at least 2 and sometimes 3 vaal skills. i can keep 2 up 100% of the time (vaal haste and vaal clarity).

vaal haste lets me easily stack up to 50 blades, and vaal clarity helps me throughout the whole map where i don't need to bother with mana regen or anything of the like. i can completely bypass everything mana related purely because of this.
Last edited by xMustard on Feb 8, 2016, 11:49:51 AM
Do you mind if I throw in my own questions about BV build? Mine is very different from yours so I hope everyone doesn't get confused.

Just holler if you mind and I move my questions into a new thread.

I tried MoM build in talisman (ended now on my part, this is just theoretical rambling and helps me on my next build once I get to my comp). It soon got to a point where I had to take Eldrich Battery and Ghost Reaver too since I had little mana regen. I also have dual curse thing goind on with warlord's mark on blasphemy and temporal chains on cwdt+firestorm+curse on hit.

What I want to ask is this. Would it be better to go with Acrobatics? I didn't die much but then again I didn't get very far in maps. And approximately how much damage could I get out of this should I upgrade my gear to better?

Anyway my skill tree

Shitty gear plus links:
Spoiler

Offensive stats with and without power charges:
Spoiler

Defensive stats with endurance charges and potions:
Spoiler

"
xMustard wrote:

you're also spec'd low life ES but yet you don't use an ES shield. this will MASSIVELY lower your ES amount, as the bulk of your ES should come from your shield. get a new shield.
get an ES shield and if you can afford it, get one with crit chance on it, or spell damage.

As much as I'd like to have another 1300 ES, I'm not sure if the drop in dps from not being able to run Hatred, Haste and Anger would be worth it, specially when you consider I can't buy a shield that has good ES, spell dmg, crit and still gives me the 37% all resists I get from prism guardian.
I'd also like to say that thanks to your replies, the build went from not being able to do anything, to clearing 78 double boss maps in 3 days, thank you very much.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info