Nerf Devourers (again) please.

Let me start off by claiming that I am not a whining hardcore player, that cries my heart out when i die. I die often enough and this is my first entry on these forums about it.
However, I must admit I have boycutted PoE until Devourers are being nerfed significantly. Here is my history:
I was playing super defensive.. Still in the level-up phase. I was just able to wear my Kaoms Heart, (which I have been saving up for, for quite some time btw). Ive followed all the rules of thumb: 75+ life on every item, Res Cap ofc, and a really decent amount of armour, my level considdered. (Level 68)
I entered my first map on that character. Just a white one. (Basicly it was just to get out of the Dried Lake rut and a change of scenery.)

5700 life (!!) as lvl 68
Tons of armor
7 Endurance charges up
Enduring Cry up.
(As Cyclone player)

as i cleared the map, I realized that i was super OP for this map and they counldn't really hurt me. not even the many devourers. but near the end of it, 3-4 blue devourers emerged and BLAM!!! dead..

My question to GGG would be.. How is that even possible.. Not even a map modifier on it.. 7 End Charges.. 5700 life. :(

This is just bull, in my book. I have as former mentioned, boycutted the game, which I otherwise LOVE.. (one out of 3 games ever, i really loved even) But that level of unbalanced creeps out there.. i cannot live with.

Dont get me wrong. I dont have a problem if i had been lvl 95 and entered a T12 map, and 5-10 of those jumped me and 1-shotted me. (less of a problem at least).. But at lvl 68 Pit map, and only 3 of them?? fuck no..

I hate whiners as much as the next person. But I hope that I will get a little sympathy on this and GGG reads this and take appropriate action.

/hEiNeR
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
I believe the problem wasn't in devourers.

Probably they just spiked in damage. Crits, maybe damage mod as they are blue mobs and high rolls. There were recently whine thread about ridiculous damage spiking in this game, which trolls players a lot, by not dealing damage and once in 80 encounters randomly instagibs.
Last edited by Andrius319 on Feb 7, 2016, 7:38:20 AM
Nahhh. That single pack of Devourers were actually Tunneltraps children. 1 in 1000 chance of an encounter.
for example. i just died to 4 white skeleton archers. WHITE! This kind of BS really pisses me of. And nothing else in that same map did that kind of damage.
Its a bloody damage spiking.
Again, look at my numbers.. and the fact it was a tier 1 map.. I get that some encounters is a gear check.. but if I, with that kinda of gear and protection, can be 1 shotted like that in a tier1 map ffs!? :D - in my view, the entire hardcore community is ruined until this is fixed..
I have played alot and ive done tier 9+ maps with less protection than this guy here.. This guy i wanted to be a TANK.. :D it was obvious overkill of gear on him..
Devourers are already pitiful ever since people got what they wished for.

I don't even blink anymore when i roll "animals" on my maps, it's freaking sad.

pro-tip : keep moving, devourers have a delay before they hit after they appear.

i didn't die to them when they where dangerous, i don't die to them now. My strategy in animal maps never changed.

Peace,

-Boem-

edit : being a tank or squishy is irrelevant, since there is a small% that all of them landed a critical hit.

Avoiding "hits" has always been the primary defense in PoE.
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
Last edited by Boem on Feb 7, 2016, 11:15:59 AM
Maybe you were low on fire res? They shoot phys+fire dmg. What was your tooltip dps? Having low dps also kills you. Honestly, I have no idea how you managed to die in a tier 1 white map from 3 devourers with 5.6k hp, I wish you could record that, because I almost don't believe you here.. I have 5.9k hp on my cycloner and I am farming Tier 10-11 maps with almost no problems.

"
Dr1MaR wrote:
Maybe you were low on fire res? They shoot phys+fire dmg. What was your tooltip dps? Having low dps also kills you. Honestly, I have no idea how you managed to die in a tier 1 white map from 3 devourers with 5.6k hp, I wish you could record that, because I almost don't believe you here.. I have 5.9k hp on my cycloner and I am farming Tier 10-11 maps with almost no problems.

As I mentioned in the Entry.. I was res capped in all (Except chaos ofc) And even hard capped too..
And I almost don't believe how its even possible either! my tooltip was 20k+ with buffs and charges. But its about that. I one shotted stuff myself with cyclone.. I absolutely swear, that this is how it went down.. Its so far fetched, that i am boycutting poe till they fix this unbalanced glitch.. I must not be happening.

And to Boem: I got NO chance of moving.. thre was no delay.. just BLAM! dead.. the whole map up until that point I have not gone below 98% life at one point.. the fact that u say they are pityful is mind baffling.. there are basicly only 2 things hardcorers die to: Boxes and Devourers (and disconnects ofc).
Of them landing a crit hit on a Tier 1 map.. with my numbers and gear.. should be the difference of being hit for 2% or being hit for .. say 10-15%.. If u cannot see the obvious game glitch in that, I cannot reason with u. :D
"
heiner79 wrote:
"
Dr1MaR wrote:

As I mentioned in the Entry.. I was res capped in all (Except chaos ofc) And even hard capped too..
And I almost don't believe how its even possible either! my tooltip was 20k+ with buffs and charges. But its about that. I one shotted stuff myself with cyclone.. I absolutely swear, that this is how it went down.. Its so far fetched, that i am boycutting poe till they fix this unbalanced glitch.. I must not be happening.

And to Boem: I got NO chance of moving.. thre was no delay.. just BLAM! dead.. the whole map up until that point I have not gone below 98% life at one point.. the fact that u say they are pityful is mind baffling.. there are basicly only 2 things hardcorers die to: Boxes and Devourers (and disconnects ofc).
Of them landing a crit hit on a Tier 1 map.. with my numbers and gear.. should be the difference of being hit for 2% or being hit for .. say 10-15%.. If u cannot see the obvious game glitch in that, I cannot reason with u. :D

honestly, you can't put it beneath GGG to have some mathematical errors and problems with the game's skills and monsters.
It would be so much easier on feedback if there would be death replay introduced...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info