One thing I really hate about the current Trading System

I use poe.trade quite a bit to sell with. What I really hate about it is that you can pretty much only trade when you are in game playing the game(at that moment). If you step away for even 1 to 2 minutes, you often come back to your screen and you find you have trade whispers, but by that point it's too late as the buyers have moved on to other sellers. I don't blame the buyers for not waiting around, but that "afk" feature if you walk away OR just alt tab away from the game for a few minutes, almost always causes you to lose sellers. If anyone has any suggestions please let me know. Thanks
How long are you stepping away from the PC for? I think it goes to auto afk after 15 minutes. You can type /afk "some message stating you will be right back for trades" and when you get back check your chat log to see if you've been PM'd for trades. Sometimes people will still say screw it and move on to the next seller but sometimes people will wait around for you.

If you are just stepping away from the PC for 15+ minutes at a time then you shouldn't expect people to wait around unless you have what they want for a very low price.
Sound the dread alarm, through the primal body! Sound the reveille, to be or not to be. Rise! Stay the grand finale! Stay the reading of our swan song and epilogue. One drive to stay alive! Elementary, muster every fiber. Mobilize! Stay alive!
Today, in trade chat, I randomly managed to make 30 chaos. It may not seem like a lot, but I just randomly grabbed random deals and gave bro-prices to noobs for certain key uniques.

And then, with the chaos I had obtained, I went and looked on poe.trade for a nifty new ring upgrade for my SRS build. I found the perfect ring I was looking for, messaged the seller, but he was afk.

You know what I did? I patiently waited for him to come back online. It took several hours, but when he did, we both haggled the price for the ring, and in the end, [Removed by Support] and got the better deal.

The trade system is inherently flawed, but sometimes, it's damn rewarding.
Last edited by Rachel on Feb 6, 2016, 10:06:07 PM
"
viciousnugget wrote:
How long are you stepping away from the PC for? I think it goes to auto afk after 15 minutes. You can type /afk "some message stating you will be right back for trades" and when you get back check your chat log to see if you've been PM'd for trades. Sometimes people will still say screw it and move on to the next seller but sometimes people will wait around for you.

If you are just stepping away from the PC for 15+ minutes at a time then you shouldn't expect people to wait around unless you have what they want for a very low price.

Ahh I didn't realize the afk time was 15 minutes, I thought it was like 3 to 5 minutes or something. Thanks for letting me know. Longest I'm ever away is 5 minutes. If I think I'll be longer then that, then I'll just appear offline.
I thought it was 5 minutes. But what makes you think that costs you sales? Whether I get an afk reply or the person doesn't answer in like a minute, I'm moving on.
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
Good that you hate only 1 thing about the current trading system .
R.I.P 4.B.
"
mark1030 wrote:
I thought it was 5 minutes. But what makes you think that costs you sales? Whether I get an afk reply or the person doesn't answer in like a minute, I'm moving on.

It costs you sales because if you happen to run to the bathroom and get a whisper during that time and you come back to your computer and the person wanting to buy your item has already moved onto the next seller. Usually if sellers don't response within 30 seconds to a minute, then the buyers move on to the next seller, THAT'S definitely a flaw, which is why I welcome a trading system........ The current system where you have to be at your computer 24/7 for buyouts, isn't cool.
Think about the sales lost to a thousand other people selling the same item in an AH situation.

Pro-AHers are predictably short-sighted.
IGN: Smegmazoid
Long live the new Flesh
"
JahIthBer89 wrote:
Think about the sales lost to a thousand other people selling the same item in an AH situation.

They've never really played auction houses in MMOs, and it's obvious. The only way to truly make money with an auction house system is to play it every minute of every damn day because you will be undercut constantly.
"You go on pretending that you own the universe,
And we'll all be here watching as you're falling down to Earth."
"
XigTek wrote:
"
JahIthBer89 wrote:

They've never really played auction houses in MMOs, and it's obvious. The only way to truly make money with an auction house system is to play it every minute of every damn day because you will be undercut constantly.

Yeah if you go to sleep before I do , well too bad I'll take your money real quick .
R.I.P 4.B.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info