Game needs Eternals back (and here's why) |Petition|

Signed
"
trav_dawg wrote:
Scrotie, respectfully, you are wrong.

If all of the sudden eternals were more common, and instead thinking "oh I need 400 ex to mirror that bow...", what if you could think "I can actually craft something with these eternals and exalts that I'm accumulating..." Everyone would use currency (consumption would increase at all levels) and currency would become MORE useful and desirable. Right now, what good is an exalt to an average player other than to buy what they need? No F***ing good. At all. If everyone could use them to make good items and it was worth saving them I would bet dollars to doughnuts that exalts and eternals would be in HIGH DEMAND for everyone.

My current crafting project.

Every 4 exalts I find (unless I have a more pressing use), I reroll the suffixes. Ideally, I want to hit a T1 int and a T1 resist. I'll then use the last suffix for a master crafted resist, or attack speed, or dex... I can swap that master mod around for different builds/characters.

I really like how master crafting this way replaced eternal crafting. I'd be a lot happier if either exalts dropped more often or if the required 2 ex master mod wasn't 2 ex. I think it's enough that you are using 2 ex per reroll and can't reroll if you choose to finish all 6 affixes with exalts.

I can see myself crafting several items this way, long term. It takes quite a bit to get those 3 prefixes at a stage where you are happy (because no eternals) and will then lock them in and reroll the suffixes multiple times. This was almost my next project...

but I hit rarity instead of hybrid (If I was bothered about rarity I'd still clean the suffixes and try for double rarity + res/int + master). There will be several items that almost make it to the clean stage, either from drops or from crafting, before I get there per item, I like that.

Thing is, being someone who doesn't trade, I know how rare eternals were. They were ridiculously rare, like 50 times rarer than exalts and those who used them in 99.999% of the cases got them far too cheap by an order of magnitude. I might still feel that exalts don't drop enough, but this type of crafting is actually far, far better for everyone except the very few who abused eternals because the dumb peons allowed them to.
Casually casual.

Last edited by TheAnuhart on Feb 6, 2016, 5:10:16 PM
Screw crafting..... why u need to sink soo many alts/Jew/fuse/regal/exalt orb when you can just save them and buy a mirror?

oh, I have a 4T1 rolls armor with 3T1 resist rolls 1T1 life roll. The main difference between mine & the ones offered by the mirror service guy? = just only half the evades.

I wouldnt even bother to exalt the thing because the chances of rip exalt on my evades rolls that can be worst than master crafting it and I couldnt fall back.
Bring Eternals back. Make good crafts available for everyone. Ban mirrors. They are what fucks up the economy: that you can sell items and at the same time keep them. If everything existed just once, it would be fine.
IGN: @JanusHuntress

Thanks GGG for caring so much about your players: https://redd.it/57wexj
"
Janus171 wrote:
Bring Eternals back. Make good crafts available for everyone. Ban mirrors. They are what fucks up the economy: that you can sell items and at the same time keep them. If everything existed just once, it would be fine.

Lol what in standard maybe but all balance is directed in TEMP leagues that's why it was never an issue. Not many people mirror'd shit in temp leagues.

Hence the removal of eternal orbs still made zero sense as an economy / trade master.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
"
Boem wrote:
"
Char1983 wrote:
"
Rupenus wrote:
if you wanna remove something, remove mirrors. increase the drop rates of eternals and exalts.

+1

Mirrors are stupid, they are the only orb in the game that has a guaranteed outcome (except for quality orbs, scouring and regret, which are much more common and serve a different purpose), and make a very small elite insanely rich. Which in turn creates balance problems.

Scrotie already explained why that's a no go.

GGG would have to remake a new logo man, be sensible.

Spoiler
no mirrors, no top end crafting

Nobody needs top-end crafting. As already pointed out, everything can be done with non-mirror gear. However, the mirror gear does two things:

1) Make a small elite obscenely rich

2) Trivialise content for those who possess fully mirrored gear

Neither of those two effects can be desired except by those who are the ones that get obscenely rich.

Besides, TheAnuhart has already shown that top-end crafting is even a thing when playing solo selffound.
Remove Horticrafting station storage limit.
Last edited by Char1983 on Feb 6, 2016, 6:24:22 PM
signed !!!!
If eternals were reintroduced I would never use them. Why? because items like the ones on the OP still exist. I would never be able to craft something like that, even if I had unlimited currency.
"
If eternals were reintroduced I would never use them. Why? because items like the ones on the OP still exist. I would never be able to craft something like that, even if I had unlimited currency.

Why does it matter if you use it in terms of your self? In addition you DO NOT need mirror gear to do anything it's fucking overkill.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
I'll support this, purely for the pissy posts from people who invested a shit load of currency into them when they went up in cost.
== Officially Retired 27/02/2019 ==

Massive thanks to GGG for producing such a fun and engaging game, it has taken up faaaaaaar too much of my life over the last 5 years.

Best of luck in the future!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info