PC Problems.

Hello, I run on a mid-low end pc. 8GB Ram, Radeon HD4890, Intel Dual Core 3.2 GHz Processor. I play a lot of games with around the same requirements as this one in terms of recommended settings, and they all run fine. With this game, my PC usually emits a slight whining noise the entire time I play the game. I dont know what it is that is causing it, or how to fix it. Can anyone help?
Is it the fans? The monitor?

Where is the noise coming from?

Also keep in mind that this is an indie game and the "requirements" are quite outdated. Although it is possible to get it to run on "requirements", it generally requires much higher of a system to play "well"... and even that can be difficult depending on setup and other things.

But as for your noise, it would really help if you were able to determine where the noise is coming from. That's the easiest way to recommend a solution.
It sounds like it's coming from either A) The Video Card, or B) The Power Supply. I will try to pinpoint it. Im also upgrading to an SSD from a Hard Drive in like 3 days ,so hopefully that will help.
Hi ,
Im pretty certain that the noise is coming from your videocard.
Poe is not very optimized.My gpu temp goes high when playing poe and fans runs on max.Especially in areas with rain
effects.
To lower the temp ,turn on vsync ,post proccessing off and shadows low or off.
Rgds ,
L
**Better to burnout , than to fade away**
Closed Beta Member since September 2011
Last edited by Lazze on Feb 7, 2016, 1:43:37 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info