Making it fresh and splendid?

What's up guys, how's POE doing?
Haven't played it for a long time.
I probably missed it but could someone tell me if there's a chance of getting new perm leagues?
Took a thought of coming back to play from time to time, but i don't see a point joining back old HC perm league, since everyone has everything, and stuff like that.
3 month leagues aren't really going for that, in 3 months u get to the old perm league
Or there's no interest of going for a fully fresh splendid restart? I mean, wouldn't it be great?
Them hypes of first tabula, first RIP's 'n stuff.
Then all character progress in standard would go to waste
But making a new fresh perm league is not forcing people to join it, right?
Those who don't want it, will not join
Im pretty sure there should be at least a thousand+ players who will definitely play on a fully-fresh server.
There's no more joy than starting fresh with everyone
Ok let's imagine =
everyday there's a new player joining in POE (probably) , right?
Let's take a guess and most people are joining Standart league
They're playing and having fun, getting some drops at start which they think are rare and awesome, the feel for the game is getting bigger and stronger (it's just what i wanted, a game like this! : they'd think )
Then, when they get into it, they realize that this feel was an illusion, Exile
At some point, players are joining and holding up for this game with their hands because there's a chance to get something rare and valuable for their build for example, and for the server overall (getting a chaos orb for example at lvl 10 while nobody got it yet is a nice feel, right? )
But this thing vanishes when everyone realize that this is a really old server where u literally can't compete rare-drop-wise , and in the end u just leave and wait for 3month leagues.
But 3 month leagues are not what you're hoping for.
I know that new fresh perm-leagues will "decay" too, but that will take some time for sure (new HC per league will last way longer than standart, for obvious reasons )
Not going to happen. They would have to run dozens of "permanent" leagues. Best just to get over the fact that people have stuff and enjoy playing. Most PermHC players... both of us, really... don't care a fig what other players have.
Last edited by Shagsbeard on Feb 6, 2016, 9:31:02 AM
Vendor all things in Stash. Delete all your characters and voila... A new fresh beginning. Stop worrying about others and be happy.
Bethesda is known for having good ideas and terrible realization of them. GGG is a Bethesda subsidiary or what?
Im not worried about others, i think you missed my point and decided to make a flood message
It's not about starting fresh of myself only, but of the entire server all together
Im just referring to that special "feel", when everyone starting from scratch
I thought so too, that it's not going to happen (although did GGG state actually why not?)
I don't see them running dozens of per leagues because of that
Honestly i dont know how pricy it would be to make new perm league or two every 2-3 years, maybe that's the case
"
Actkqk wrote:
Stop worrying about others and be happy.

"
shadowthedead wrote:
Im not worried about others...

It's not about starting fresh of myself only, but of the entire server all together...

Im just referring to that special "feel", when everyone starting from scratch...

OK, you win. I will not argue with a person who does not know what he says.

Bye.
Bethesda is known for having good ideas and terrible realization of them. GGG is a Bethesda subsidiary or what?
Leagues are a good compromise to what you want. Play in them. You'll find that 3-4 months is a lot of time.

Maybe, after things settle down a bit (if they ever do), they'll be open to a longer league for people like you who want a bit more length.

They've also tabled the idea of paid private leagues which I can't imagine why they haven't implemented. Their best idea yet and they haven't even mentioned it in years.
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
Leagues are a good compromise to what you want. Play in them. You'll find that 3-4 months is a lot of time.

Maybe, after things settle down a bit (if they ever do), they'll be open to a longer league for people like you who want a bit more length.

They've also tabled the idea of paid private leagues which I can't imagine why they haven't implemented. Their best idea yet and they haven't even mentioned it in years.

Cheers sir, thank you for your response
Im not sure if it's the right word for it, but im not like worried or anything that 3-4 month leagues are short in term of having fun and pleasure , but if this game will suck me in once again , i'll get a bit frustrated knowing that my 3-4 month progress will decay in an old perm HC league after
It's just that feel of what i mentioned before , i can't make myself play in a server where everyone have everything

And Actqk ,
It seems you came here with a negative mood trying to be a jerk or something, right?
I made a topic to discuss, not to argue
I'd really appreciate common sense and splendid chat between each other
And for sure i'd like to see a message from any GGG member regarding my question, even a message " that won't work, because we don't want it to happen" will be fine, since it will anwer my question
If you're into arguing, wait for Monday and argue with your school teacher
Not being a jerk... just pointing out that you have options that you seem unwilling to take. You're the one who's arguing.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info