How to fund more expensive builds or expensive upgrades?

I love PoE but theres one thing Im not sure how to approach/solve. I can easily reach T10-T13 maps and lvl around 90 with pretty much any build but the problem is Im not sure how to fund expensive upgrades that could push me further or even expensive builds.

Im not playing only selffound, Im always setting up my own shop with acqusition and have some good trades but that seems just not enough to fund any more expensive upgrade.

For example in Talisman I play TS/Punctore ranger, sold some rares and uniques for plenty of chaos orbs but with current ex ratio its not enough when for example Maligaros Virtuosity cost atm 1,5 ex (was more than 2 before). I was lucky enough to found 1 ex and bough rats nest. Im still running with medicore Harbinger bow because decent 5L cost few exalts.

I was desperate and made MF character (totems) but Im not really earning more and the build is not fun to me at all, and its much slower than my main.

I got to the point when Im thinking about stopping playing new leagues and just stay in standard because Im unable to finish character before the league ends.

So I wonder whats the best way to fund more expensive items/builds? Focusing on main and chaining maps and praying for good drop? Or MF character and selling tons of rares for alts? Maybe other option?
"
Asag wrote:
I love PoE but theres one thing Im not sure how to approach/solve. I can easily reach T10-T13 maps and lvl around 90 with pretty much any build but the problem is Im not sure how to fund expensive upgrades that could push me further or even expensive builds.

Im not playing only selffound, Im always setting up my own shop with acqusition and have some good trades but that seems just not enough to fund any more expensive upgrade.

For example in Talisman I play TS/Punctore ranger, sold some rares and uniques for plenty of chaos orbs but with current ex ratio its not enough when for example Maligaros Virtuosity cost atm 1,5 ex (was more than 2 before). I was lucky enough to found 1 ex and bough rats nest. Im still running with medicore Harbinger bow because decent 5L cost few exalts.

I was desperate and made MF character (totems) but Im not really earning more and the build is not fun to me at all, and its much slower than my main.

I got to the point when Im thinking about stopping playing new leagues and just stay in standard because Im unable to finish character before the league ends.

So I wonder whats the best way to fund more expensive items/builds? Focusing on main and chaining maps and praying for good drop? Or MF character and selling tons of rares for alts? Maybe other option?

Level gems... And sell them. It's like buying tiny little bonds. They increase in value overtime. One gem capped at 20% quality is 1 exalt. You have to find Superior gems with at least 12% quality. Gcp them to 20% quality. You need IIR for this.
"Another... Solwitch thread." AST
Current Games: :::City Skylines:::Elite Dangerous::: Division 2

"...our most seemingly ironclad beliefs about our own agency and conscious experience can be dead wrong." -Adam Bear
For me, the trick is clear speed and loot filters. Magic find builds are overrated if they sacrifice clear speed to work. If you clear twice as fast as the MF build, that's as good as having 100% increased quantity and way more fun than those shitty boring stuck in dried lake flame totem MF builds. Loot filters are great too because they only highlight what's important and play sounds when good currency drops.

So play a real build with maybe a splash of IIR if you can fit it, roll maps with good quantity and rarity, clear them fast without dying, and vendor rares for alts/chaos. Doing the elreon and vorici deals, you can get a 5L in a week on maybe two hours a day playtime. If you play more, you can buy fusings at the vendor and do it faster.

There have also been good "service" opportunities in this league. I made 50c on a twinned T15 (I underpriced it, could have made 2-3 times that) and 160c doing my level 80 rigwald kill(only had 4 people join). If your builds are good, challenge services are a great way to get chaos.

"
solwitch wrote:

Level gems... And sell them. It's like buying tiny little bonds. They increase in value overtime. One gem capped at 20% quality is 1 exalt. You have to find Superior gems with at least 12% quality. Gcp them to 20% quality. You need IIR for this.

Completely false. 20% gems do not sell for an exalt anymore, it's more like 20-30c at best.

IIR does not increase quality gem drops.

Spending 8 gcp to get a Q20 gem is only worth it if you plan to use that gem and don't want to trade for a Q20 version or relevel it.

I keep seeing you give out false advice. It's not cool.
How much do you play? If it's only 1-2 hours a day then switching to Standard might be the right thing to do. I play that amount of time and am quite happy with Standard.

You seem to do most of the right things already. Don't know what map tiers you run but maybe you could switch to lower ones (with 8 being the bottom) which you can clear a lot faster? My currenct character can do tier 12-13 maps but I still mostly do 8-9 because I can accumulate sellable gear (or recipe gear) a lot faster this way. With Alterations into Jewellers into Fusings I usually get 80 Fusings every three days or so, which is an Exalt in Standard - in addition to any other stuff I find that will sell.
scroogetemplar / scroogewitch / scroogemarauder

Freezing Pulser (safe + affordable): https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1529856
"
scrooge999 wrote:
How much do you play? If it's only 1-2 hours a day then switching to Standard might be the right thing to do. I play that amount of time and am quite happy with Standard.

You seem to do most of the right things already. Don't know what map tiers you run but maybe you could switch to lower ones (with 8 being the bottom) which you can clear a lot faster? My currenct character can do tier 12-13 maps but I still mostly do 8-9 because I can accumulate sellable gear (or recipe gear) a lot faster this way. With Alterations into Jewellers into Fusings I usually get 80 Fusings every three days or so, which is an Exalt in Standard - in addition to any other stuff I find that will sell.

Do you find converting alts and jewel into fusing gets you more than just by selling alts and jewels for ex's?
TY

Best way to earn.
Level gems of most value and Vaal them to 21 - I made 10ex vaaling 2 flame totems (no need for quality) Lvled a few to get 2 at 21.
Chaos Recipe
Flipping Currency
Playing a lot and selling orbs.
Some Mfing.

It's all horribly slow, but made quite a few ex this way. (and I mean v.horribly slow) GFG GRINDING flip Games.

GL

Turnip
trade currencies up - (alts->jewelers->fusings chance/scour -> regrets) -> exalts.
sell sac fragments or even better - sets if you do not run them.

chance recipe (bad unique + rare/magic/white) and regal/chaos recipes are very efficient

set YOURSELF a good loot filter (some of the popular ones are flashy and cool but they do not filter stuff out but just give them various different colors and flavors that tire you up in the long run). remove ALL crap. do not turn it small and translucent because maybe you might pick them up in November - remove it now.
pick stuff that give you alterations (discard augment-giving items. augs trade to alts 64/20 but it is less efficient), do not bring 2*4 items to town, drop them and bring 2*2 and 2*3 instead, pick up blue jewelry (good effort-to-alteration ratio). if you want to craft a base, make it very visible and spam transmutations on them. youll quickly run out of trasmutes but you might hit a jackpot
Spoiler

youll soon swim in alterations - trade some up to exalts, spend some on socketing and linking (decide if you want to craft or buy early - single purchase is in most cases better than crafting but in the long run you will socket/link cheaper than market asking price)

that should cover you if you want to play other builds. if you want mirror-worthy gear you have to devote 100% time to trading as normal gameplay wont get you there, ever

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info