5 hour dried like farming experiment

Always nice to see some data. Mapping should be way better with this gear than dried laking, looking forward to the results. At least currency-wise.

I'll finish up my take on a 5hour long dried lake farm tomorrow and post here, because why not. My mf values (and gear in general) are much worse though, obviously. I've basically scrapped random gearpieces and made this char a while ago to enjoy the fotm while it's not nerfed yet ;)
HC: fastpst / pstfast
Invasion: pstblast
Ambush: pstflick
Alrighty, here's my results, might be of interest to someone. I have also taken separate screenshots for each hour, but in this screenshot everything's been moved into a single tab already. You can also see how much xp my 20% Enhance gem got in each hour, - it's in the tab names. Average: 76.4 mil xp/hour, total: 382 mil xp. So in average it would take just under 19 hours to level one from lv2 to lvl3 (and 16 hours if it's 26%).

(79 iiq / 188 iir / vaal spark. Character ign: yolohaak, can check gear in my profile)

I did it a bit differently to spice things up:

1) Run directly to Voll, but clear stuff around a little bit before going to him for some efficient gem xp.
2) Skip all lower currency like jews, augs, alts and chances unless they were directly under me.
3) Do unid chaos recipe. Hoard tons of jewelry first, then hoard tons of other bases and just dump them all in tabs. Then proceed to do several recipes in one go. I haven't done any chaos recipes in the first hour, and didnt really optimize the process in the 2nd hour, hence the big drop in xp/hour gain there.
4) Only identify wands/daggers (because they dont take up much space:p)

Seems like 2 and 4 were bad ideas. After doing this test, i now believe you can increase your currency gain without sacrificing much xp/hour by picking up more drops and identifying more rares. Well-tailored loot filter would help immensely. Chaos recipe, on the other hand, was definitely worth it, albeit really annoying to do. It kinda ruined the easy flow of the whole process and made me exhausted quickly. So maybe it's something to consider in a long run.

Unique drops are pure luck, and dont really bring much to the table imo. Most of the time you'd probably get couple good uniques in this span of time, but sometimes it'd be none. Pure currency drops are quite consistent though.

So, in conclusion, it seems that with some good gear vaal spark would be noticeably superior for dried lake runs. Will get completely demolished by a ripper build in higher maps though :)

HC: fastpst / pstfast
Invasion: pstblast
Ambush: pstflick
Nice build but I was looking at your build thread for trees and I have no idea what is happening. You got melee crit nodes and staff nodes. What's happening?

edit: nvm see your lioneye's fall jewel
Last edited by illmtk on Feb 18, 2016, 1:31:46 PM
"
Alrighty, here's my results, might be of interest to someone. I have also taken separate screenshots for each hour, but in this screenshot everything's been moved into a single tab already. You can also see how much xp my 20% Enhance gem got in each hour, - it's in the tab names. Average: 76.4 mil xp/hour, total: 382 mil xp. So in average it would take just under 19 hours to level one from lv2 to lvl3 (and 16 hours if it's 26%).

(79 iiq / 188 iir / vaal spark. Character ign: yolohaak, can check gear in my profile)

I did it a bit differently to spice things up:

1) Run directly to Voll, but clear stuff around a little bit before going to him for some efficient gem xp.
2) Skip all lower currency like jews, augs, alts and chances unless they were directly under me.
3) Do unid chaos recipe. Hoard tons of jewelry first, then hoard tons of other bases and just dump them all in tabs. Then proceed to do several recipes in one go. I haven't done any chaos recipes in the first hour, and didnt really optimize the process in the 2nd hour, hence the big drop in xp/hour gain there.
4) Only identify wands/daggers (because they dont take up much space:p)

Seems like 2 and 4 were bad ideas. After doing this test, i now believe you can increase your currency gain without sacrificing much xp/hour by picking up more drops and identifying more rares. Well-tailored loot filter would help immensely. Chaos recipe, on the other hand, was definitely worth it, albeit really annoying to do. It kinda ruined the easy flow of the whole process and made me exhausted quickly. So maybe it's something to consider in a long run.

Unique drops are pure luck, and dont really bring much to the table imo. Most of the time you'd probably get couple good uniques in this span of time, but sometimes it'd be none. Pure currency drops are quite consistent though.

So, in conclusion, it seems that with some good gear vaal spark would be noticeably superior for dried lake runs. Will get completely demolished by a ripper build in higher maps though :)

Thanks for input mate. Yea vaal spark is probably better for dried lake, But it is likely getting nerfed next patch tho. Part of my testing was to see if my iiq has noticeable effect on britle emperor although i ofc realise its all about the rng. My main source of wealth generation is actually 6 sockets
I want a Torment Nail
Did new 5 hours in maps, some upgraded gear from last time.

Mf stats:

161 IIQ/ 360 IIR or 186 IIQ / 410 IIR with windripper bonus

Gear
Spoiler

raw currency and div cards dropped + notable items (no recipes done except quality gem):

Spoiler
Was this standard or temp?
"
Lanfear88 wrote:
Did new 5 hours in maps, some upgraded gear from last time.

Mf stats:

161 IIQ/ 360 IIR or 186 IIQ / 410 IIR with windripper bonus

Gear
Spoiler

raw currency and div cards dropped + notable items (no recipes done except quality gem):

Spoiler

I'm quite impressed you got 16 GCPs. How many of them were from the quality gem recipe?
Hi man i have a legacy ripper somewhere and i rarely get to use it :c would it bother you if i asked for your tree or some tips for best combos gemwise for windripper? i would really like to use it but i never managed to get windripper builds well done :c

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info