Ascendancy Classes Discussion & Opinions

"
ivkoto77777 wrote:
"
DDseedFoot wrote:
CI crit witch bye bye in 2.2?

My crown of eyes crit reave CI witch sure wish she was shadow right about now.

I hate witch's subclasses.

Im salty cuz i dont have much time to play and my only char 95+ is witch lol

Awww damn

Leveling a new char with OP leveling uniques is kinda fast :)

Yea... Just salty cuz for me my witch will just be left untouched since her subclasses are so bad compared to shadow's
Honestly I do not know what to think. All of them seem good but I won't know for sure until I play them. The worst part is that my main is a dual wielding duelist who uses the fortify effect and is using the Wings of Entropy, along with crazy evasion and enough leech that even monsters with the reflect damage mod, physical or elemental, barely hurt me. So I use aspects from all three of the Ascendancy classes but can only choose one. Gladiator would be a super boost to my damage and blocking, having a 43% total chance to block attacks and spells after I get hit would be just hilarious. As a Champion for me to have a 55% damage reduction always on, in addition to 100% increased evasion rating and armor while on low life, would be outright unfair (if I am remembering Fortify's base reduction correctly, and assuming I grab the Fortify node). Finally, having the life leech benefits of the Slayer and 100% increased damage against enemies who are on low life, with a 20% to gain onslaught on kill, will be brutal. Admittedly I can't recall the effects of onslaught right now but I am sure they are not something to take lightly. Also if my math is wrong feel free to correct me.
Witch is totally rekt.

No crit
No phys
No benefit(good enough) for wands or daggers(one handed shit)
No ES
No spell dmg

What are these stupid on getting hit shit.
And ele dmg for4 secs every 10sec bs.
Totally unreliable and promotes getting beat up.

If you want witch to be beaten up to get the buffs at least put some ES benefits or something.

Now it feels like summoner or discharge or go home for witch.
Wtf
"
thebzyk wrote:
Funny idea... Scion class is just 6 Jewel Slots

Doesn't sound fun to me. Sounds boring.

Moreover, giving up on the whole "give each class a new passive skill tree with complex nodes containing things that don't exist in the main passive skill tree to make meaningful choices in" approach in favour of "here are 6 generic jewel slots; fill them with whatever jewels you prefer" really doesn't strike me as something GGG would

a) be stupid enough to do, and
b) describe as "She's about tree mastery, and her Ascendancy class represents that."
Scionic Flametank 3.2: The classic ES-CI-ZO-GR regeneration tank is back in business, stronger than ever before with 50-60% ES/s recovery during most fights due to creative use of regeneration, leech, and recovery mechanics
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1271604
"
Pi2rEpsilon wrote:
"
thebzyk wrote:
Funny idea... Scion class is just 6 Jewel Slots

Doesn't sound fun to me. Sounds boring.

Moreover, giving up on the whole "give each class a new passive skill tree with complex nodes containing things that don't exist in the main passive skill tree to make meaningful choices in" approach in favour of "here are 6 generic jewel slots; fill them with whatever jewels you prefer" really doesn't strike me as something GGG would

a) be stupid enough to do, and
b) describe as "She's about tree mastery, and her Ascendancy class represents that."

It's fun if they made threshold jewels not suck so hard with their 50 stat req. Imagine a fireball scion with 6 rolling flamers.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
"
DDseedFoot wrote:
Witch is totally rekt.

No crit
No phys
No benefit(good enough) for wands or daggers(one handed shit)
No ES
No spell dmg

What are these stupid on getting hit shit.
And ele dmg for4 secs every 10sec bs.
Totally unreliable and promotes getting beat up.

If you want witch to be beaten up to get the buffs at least put some ES benefits or something.

Now it feels like summoner or discharge or go home for witch.
Wtf

Necromancer Witch has +37% chance to block attacks & spells and restores 1000+ HP with each block ("your offering skills also affect you"). She can maintain that buff all the time.
Aegis Aurora pales before that power.

The most OP class for any ("immortal") block build imo.
Unless Bone offering gets nerfed drastically.
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
Last edited by MortalKombat3 on Feb 5, 2016, 4:11:27 PM
Scion class probably involves passive tree "teleportation." Basically, you don't get Ascendancy features but you can make completely crazy builds with the core tree.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Feb 5, 2016, 4:12:27 PM
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
Scion class probably involves passive tree "teleportation." Basically, you don't get Ascendancy features but you can make virtually any build imaginable with the core tree.

So I can take every keystone and notable without having to endure the traversal cost? That would be bonkers with stuff like +1 curse.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
Last edited by Nephalim on Feb 5, 2016, 4:12:14 PM
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
Scion class probably involves passive tree "teleportation." Basically, you don't get Ascendancy features but you can make virtually any build imaginable with the core tree.

I think it's much less complicated. You will just get NORMAL skill points for learning Ascendancy passives and (maybe) jewel sockets, that's all.
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
Probably more like "Put the Scion's face on the Marauder start position" from an Ascendancy Notable. Then grab the 16% Armour +16 life node, and build from there. "Build your tree out from up to 4 starting locations" is my guess for what she'll do.

I'm guessing jewel sockets for the Ascendancy non-notables nodes. Up to six if desired.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Feb 5, 2016, 4:22:26 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info