The POE ecomony needs....

"
This economy needs a rust storm.

Troll post of the year.
Creator of the Praxis ring.
Want to stop power creep? Gut crit chance and crit multi.
"
xjlxmchammer wrote:
The government at one point tried to tax cigarette companies. What do you think those companies did? They don't bend over and say ok, I guess that fine. They increase the cost of the cigarettes to compensate.

In reality, if you were to do that, you make problems even worse. People will fee compelled to over price to make up for whatever "tax" or "fee" the game tries to apply to them.

The point of taxing cigarettes is to make it less desirable for people, not to punish cigarette companies. The costs make people smoke less, and to think twice before buying cigarettes.

Of course, this works if the people don't go to the black market (it depends on how much income and what's the difference in quality).

I think it would be more effective to treat cigarettes as the drug they are and convince people of quitting (and financing the rehabilitation), but that's me, =D

PS: let's not talk about the whole nanny state thing.
Add a Forsaken Masters questline
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2297942
Last edited by NeroNoah on Feb 8, 2016, 11:54:12 AM
the game needs an econ wipe.
"
spawn10459 wrote:
the game needs an econ wipe.

We get that every 3 months. I would be nice if it was every 2 or 2,5 months but that is just me.
This economy needs banks.

Even without inflation people still can't afford to buy what they want. If people want to buy something they can't afford, they usually have to borrow money. Although they ended up in debt and paying it back for years.
"
deathflower wrote:

Even without inflation people still can't afford to buy what they want. If people want to buy something they can't afford, they usually have to borrow money. Although they ended up in debt and paying it back for years.

what if you can pay back your loan before the league ends lol?
I dont see any any key!
"
deathflower wrote:

If a person really needed a loan of goods and would pay it back, I could be convinced to give a loan.

However, the percentage of people who would just take a big loan and run with the money without paying it back would make me think again.

The question is, would you put up your Hideout as collateral?
"
Kayarath wrote:
"
deathflower wrote:

If a person really needed a loan of goods and would pay it back, I could be convinced to give a loan.

However, the percentage of people who would just take a big loan and run with the money without paying it back would make me think again.

The question is, would you put up your Hideout as collateral?

Not really sure why you would want his hideout as collateral. If you are a private bank, you would want more tangible assets of equivalent value. If someone defaults on a loan, you could take his collateral to recoup losses.

I don't think Hideout are transferable assets. It make sense if the banks are run by GGG which they can take possession of your Hideout. Not really sure why they would want them either...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info