The POE ecomony needs....

For permanent leagues, a small item/currency sink would be very desirable in the upcoming trade system.

For trade-bots, the only way to stop them is to design a trade system in which they become useless. This CAN be done.
Roma timezone (Italy)
"
Kayarath wrote:
TAXES!

You heard me people! The game needs taxes! The In Game economy is a big source of grief for many I wish it not to be so!

You see, inflation is bad for economies, and game economies are especially vulnerable to it. Taxes will stop inflation by sucking currency/items out of it, thereby increasing the value of the stuff that remains!

Who's with me? Surely this is a great idea!

Id say it needs periodic resets...

whats that?...

temp leagues...

problem solved lol
I dont see any any key!
This economy needs a rust storm.
If you are going to talk economics make sure you do so

This game has a currency and item sink; it involes what the currency in this game does. It doesn't stay in rotation, it gets used and disappears. Items gets sold and accounts get inactive. With that said, the way the "economy" in most of these games work is about the devaluation of items and the inflation of top tier items. It's simple supply and demand that does this

Unfortunately, no matter what you do, the way this game works, it just requires a reset periodically. When that is would be determined by how many players are actually playing and the quantity. Creating another currency sink in a form of tax only deters other from starting from scratch.

Now to honest here, I try not to say this in forums because a small minority tends to visit forums. Those that do tend to be more of a "hardcore" type of player. But why do you want to play in a game that involves trading when a huge majority are hording so much currencies. Players who have dozens of stacks of chaos and ex orbs. What do you as a new player expect to do? Can't beat them in pvp? PVE? Good luck getting the really expensive items and have fun with the devalued items. That's why people tend to call it the dumpster league.

I just had a brilliant idea!

Taxes should be used to fund a auction house!

Hargan could run an auction house but demand massive amounts of goods to run it!

Hargan:"Sorry buddy, but the auction house is closed until I get 1 million fuses. Running it is super expensive. Care to contribute to the cause?"

GGG can balance it by increasing/decreasing the amount needed and how long the payments will keep the house open!

People: Why is there no auction house?
GGG: Because you're all being too cheap! It seems you all would rather sit on your fuses then pay Hargan for all of his hard work.

It's a win/win for everyone. We can have the awesomeness of an auction house and help the economy by having a super huge sink too! This idea is so cool I may give its own post later.
"
Kayarath wrote:
I just had a brilliant idea!

Taxes should be used to fund a auction house!

Hargan could run an auction house but demand massive amounts of goods to run it!

Hargan:"Sorry buddy, but the auction house is closed until I get 1 million fuses. Running it is super expensive. Care to contribute to the cause?"

GGG can balance it by increasing/decreasing the amount needed and how long the payments will keep the house open!

People: Why is there no auction house?
GGG: Because you're all being too cheap! It seems you all would rather sit on your fuses then pay Hargan for all of his hard work.

It's a win/win for everyone. We can have the awesomeness of an auction house and help the economy by having a super huge sink too! This idea is so cool I may give its own post later.

The government at one point tried to tax cigarette companies. What do you think those companies did? They don't bend over and say ok, I guess that fine. They increase the cost of the cigarettes to compensate.

In reality, if you were to do that, you make problems even worse. People will fee compelled to over price to make up for whatever "tax" or "fee" the game tries to apply to them.
"
RagnarokChu wrote:
I'm not sure if people know what taxes are actually, but they are there for everyone to contribute together to pay civil and government services. Such as roads, public schools, fire/policemen ect.
They are not there to actually do anything for a "economy".

no, tax payers do not fund anything in real life as a government which creates it's own (fiat) money, spends it first and then collects it back via taxes.

a simple example: you're become the lord of an island and want to introduce money, what do you do? collect taxes first to finance your palace? no, there is no money yet.

no, you get some strong guys out there which enforce the paying of taxes among the villagers which creates the demand for your money in the first place.
that also solves the myths about the public appreciation of a certain currency, it's not the trust people put into the currency, its the trust the government put's you in jail if you don't pay taxes in this specific currency.

age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
Last edited by vio on Feb 8, 2016, 5:44:29 AM
as long as the game keeps growing, the demand new players generate for items keeps the standard
economy more or less intact.

problems will arise when the influx of new players stalls. having some means of mandatory item and/or currency sinks (aka 'taxes') would take that pressure to expand of ggg's shoulders a bit.

"
"
kreca73 wrote:
"
deathflower wrote:
You will lose your tabula rasa and your gears... How is that feasible?

tabula will never have durability.

Every death you lose a socket

sorry but you're just getting ridiculous now by inventing special scenarios for specific items;
... and 2Handers should turn into 1Handers on durability loss, amulets into rings, Kaoms should change into an ES base and Taste of Hate should get +30 increased phys dmg taken because why the fuck not.
we're in lalalala land anyway.
"
kreca73 wrote:

sorry but you're just getting ridiculous now by inventing special scenarios for specific items

it's probably just an example.
but don't you think currency and good items drops are crap because there is no mandatory item sink?
Last edited by vio on Feb 8, 2016, 6:02:34 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info