The POE ecomony needs....

"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
"
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
D3 AH had taxes. It also had the worst inflation in the history of economies. Both real and digital.
Zimbabwe's was worse.
Citation needed.

https://www.rt.com/business/267244-zimbabwe-currency-compensation-hyperinflation/

3.5 million % monthly inflation in 2008, or 42 million % per annum
Creator of the Praxis ring.
Want to stop power creep? Gut crit chance and crit multi.
"
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
"
Zimbabwe's was worse.
Citation needed.

https://www.rt.com/business/267244-zimbabwe-currency-compensation-hyperinflation/

3.5 million % monthly inflation in 2008, or 42 million % per annum
Okay, yeah, D3 isn't even close. Thank you for the correction. Going to edit that post.

BTW from the best I can measure D3's inflation rate was roughly equal to Zimbabwe's. In both cases you had instances of price doubling over roughly a 24 hour period. But the article you linked says post-war Hungary was even worse, so that puts Diablo 3 at its worst in third place, closely trailing Zimbabwe.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Feb 4, 2016, 11:47:18 PM
Proof positive that Blizzard is still more competent than a genocidal African dictatorship. That's one win for Blizzard!
Creator of the Praxis ring.
Want to stop power creep? Gut crit chance and crit multi.
Blizzard really failed to stop the bots. I know many ppls who botted 24/7 for 5-6 months at a time before ban waves. Made thousands off each account so whats another $50 game copy? Not to mention whole businesses doing it with who knows how many server farms. That caused serious hyper inflation. Blizz should have banned daily to make it unprofitable. Then another factor was no real gold sinks. repair was nothing and crafting non existent.

In the end Blizzard took the lazy solution and went 100% self founded/BoA to save their game. Total lack of trade pretty much ruined it for me as I like trading and doing whatever I feel like doing not what RNG gives me.

I don't know botting situation here but this game has currency sinks big time at least saving us. They need to make chaos even more sinker though. Like 5 and 6 prop maps should drop much better maps than they do so you are willing to dump chaos more so, bringing chaos back down to 20-30:1.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Feb 5, 2016, 1:00:01 AM
A multibillion company fails to stop bots.

Say it with a straight face.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
"

I was in the US Army for years, I know how giant organizations operate.

A multibillion-dollar company failed to stop bots.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
Blizzard really failed to stop the bots. I know many ppls who botted 24/7 for 5-6 months at a time before ban waves. Made thousands off each account so whats another $50 game copy? Not to mention whole businesses doing it with who knows how many server farms. That caused serious hyper inflation. Blizz should have banned daily to make it unprofitable. Then another factor was no real gold sinks. repair was nothing and crafting non existent.

In the end Blizzard took the lazy solution and went 100% self founded/BoA to save their game. Total lack of trade pretty much ruined it for me as I like trading and doing whatever I feel like doing not what RNG gives me.

I don't know botting situation here but this game has currency sinks big time at least saving us. They need to make chaos even more sinker though. Like 5 and 6 prop maps should drop much better maps than they do so you are willing to dump chaos more so.

Banning bots is unwinnable battle. You are just wasting resources doing it. Those people that bots are also their customers. If their customers love to cheat, containment is the most practical solution. It solve the problem of botting by isolating it. If you can think more practical solution Please do tell Blizzard about it.
So how does GGG do it
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
"

I was in the US Army for years, I know how giant organizations operate.

A multibillion-dollar company failed to stop bots.

Nice FACE I SEE THROUGH YOUR CHARADE
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
"
deathflower wrote:
"
Aim_Deep wrote:

I don't know botting situation here but this game has currency sinks big time at least saving us. They need to make chaos even more sinker though. Like 5 and 6 prop maps should drop much better maps than they do so you are willing to dump chaos more so.

Banning bots is unwinnable battle. You are just wasting resources doing it. Those people that bots are also their customers. If their customers love to cheat, containment is the most practical solution. It solve the problem of botting by isolating it. If you can think more practical solution Please do tell Blizzard about it.

Above my pay grade. I'm not a computer programmer I drive heavy equipment and supervise guys doing the same. But I'm sure blizz could have if they wanted. 5-6 months is just ridiculous time to be running bots.

They obviously could detect them because they did ban them from time to time. Just every 5-6 months instead of more frequently making it unprofitable for the botters.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Feb 5, 2016, 1:34:14 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info