MMORPG.com reveals the new Shadow Ascendancy Class: The Trickster

"
TyrantLeto wrote:
For Christsake, upload these on your own website too. I understand that you're trying to attract new players from these various gaming sites, but not putting a detailed copy on your own forums makes you seem like amateurs.

https://imgur.com/a/wzWFm

Ur weclome!
Trying to satisfy the whole PoE community is like telling a nymphomaniac to only have sex once in a week.

I think that's fairly accurate. :')
Very nice class. It opens so much possibilities...
"
Coal48 wrote:

Yeah but I don't want to go elemental and crit, it was supposed to be a ranged alternative to melee

Resolute technique = can't miss
Spells can't miss

Armour nodes
Converting energy shield into armour

physical only means more "reliable" dps, I've made a bow user that used added fire damage, hatred and herald of ash, the dps was decent but in the end I was weak because elemental damage is highly mitigated by enemy resists

as for crit, I just hate the mechanic itself, the me, when you don't crit, it feels like if you miss and the most I was able the theorycraft was ~50% final chance to crit, so "missing" half the time doesn't appeal to me at all

Then go Physical/Physical + Poison

Trickster tree is great for sustained damage.

20% increased cast speed

Frenzy charges

DoT Damage

Imba defences. This means you can pick less defensive nodes in your skill tree in favour of offensive options: spell damage in witch area, projectile damage in ranger area, jewel sockets anywhere with ~40% inc damage jewels.

Not a signature.
The Point of mini(trees) is about every class have unique capabilities so you can have no mana cost cyclone but some other mini tree will offer more damage like "berserker" one for cyclone. Its not a mistake any movement tags won't change.

So you have to choose wisely.
In order to get rid of clearspeed meta cap global movement speed at 100% but make all skills instant so everything feels great.
Last edited by PsVRTwo on Feb 5, 2016, 7:27:19 PM
beyblade legacy
"
Turbodevil wrote:
Then go Physical/Physical + Poison

Trickster tree is great for sustained damage.

20% increased cast speed

Frenzy charges

DoT Damage

Imba defences. This means you can pick less defensive nodes in your skill tree in favour of offensive options: spell damage in witch area, projectile damage in ranger area, jewel sockets anywhere with ~40% inc damage jewels.

Not a fan of "on kill" effects, they're not very useful against bosses and on top of that it's only 10% chance

I don't use energy shield or evasion, I convert the energy shield nodes into armour ones in the passive tree and use full armour gear

I really only use movement skills to bypass obstacles, having to spam one every 5 seconds to grant a 20% cast speed doesn't appeal to me

chance to recover mana on cast is very "meh" to me

Trickster = nope
Saboteur: blind is of no use to me since I don't evade and can't miss, don't use traps = nope
Assassin: crit = nope

Elementalist: elemental damage = nope
Necromancer: don't use minions = nope

Inquisitor: 20% spell damage when casting is okay, consecrated ground doesn't appeal to me = nope
Hierophant: 2% life leech in boots (pseudo 5-link), I rather use tabula rasa and have a real 6-link, don't use totems, most of mana will be reserved, so flat mana and damage taken from mana is not a good investment = nope

Raider: phasing is meh, frenzy charges are on kill and only 10% chance = nope
Deadeye: projectile damage and speed + chaining is very nice, unsure about "Far Shot" since I don't know if it makes you deal less damage if the enemy is too close, wasted bonuses = my best option so far
Pathfinder: can work but I much rather go for Deadeye = maybe

Slayer + Gladiator + Champion: only defences on passive tree, no offence for a caster = nope

Juggernaut + Berserker: only defences on passive tree, no offence for a caster = nope
meeeh
R.I.P 4.B.
"
Coal48 wrote:
as for crit, I just hate the mechanic itself, the me, when you don't crit, it feels like if you miss and the most I was able the theorycraft was ~50% final chance to crit, so "missing" half the time doesn't appeal to me at all

Spells cant miss so still atleast normal damage is applied. Check "Ambush node" (on Shadow Assassin subclass) 100% more critical strike chance to monsters on full life (it doubles chance to crit on first hit)
It means you will 1 hit group of trash monsters unless they nerf crit dramatically.

Last edited by Rakiii on Feb 6, 2016, 6:21:29 AM
oh boi, i need more ascendancy points. looks awesome.
"
piedro wrote:
first page

"
Bash wrote:
OH MY

"
duckfluffed wrote:
Woot

"
MxZeal1 wrote:
STEVE!