IGN reveals one of the new Witch Ascendancy Classes: The Elementalist

"
MortalKombat3 wrote:
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
"
Langhun wrote:
It promotes combo play which is not neccessary bad thing.

it kind of is a bad thing though when that basically means 95% of current caster witch builds do not really gel with this tree, and theyve already released an entire tree for summoning which is this little niche of what witches do. So 2 classes down and this 3rd class now has to be amazing for the other 95% of witch builds which the 2 trees so far are pretty much junk for compared to many other classes trees.

Seriously, what on earth is the 3rd witch subclass that you have decided basically covers every single witch build I have ever or would ever dream of making?

What?
Summoner is just the most OP Ascendancy class among them all! Maybe it doesnt fit current builds, but it opens new SICK builds.

its op... if you are a summoner. Everyone else it has the offering node and then.... basically nothing, thats it, you literally now have 4 wasted points that are worth as good as nothing if you dont have minions. If you find a way to destroy corpses u get 30% increased damage for 4 seconds... pass.. 4% increased damage and 2% speed for each aura, k so i run 2 auras I get 8% increased damage and 4% attack/cast speed? Its a complete waste of an ascendancy if you are not actually using minions.

"
GeorgAnatoly wrote:
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
"
Langhun wrote:
It promotes combo play which is not neccessary bad thing.

it kind of is a bad thing though when that basically means 95% of current caster witch builds do not really gel with this tree, and theyve already released an entire tree for summoning which is this little niche of what witches do. So 2 classes down and this 3rd class now has to be amazing for the other 95% of witch builds which the 2 trees so far are pretty much junk for compared to many other classes trees.

Seriously, what on earth is the 3rd witch subclass that you have decided basically covers every single witch build I have ever or would ever dream of making?

Yeah that is disappointing, I don't like to do non-EE multi-elemental builds and it kinda feels like they're forcing that with this tree, which also forces some gear choices to some extent as well.

It would have been nice if there were some choice with only one or two paths being multi-elemntal but the whole thing. :/

agreed. Pendulum of Destruction is great and then every other node is either leaning towards or totally devoted to a multi elemental build or something that works off burn prolif etc, ultra ultra niche. Multielemental casters? I mean what % of current witch casters are multielemental as opposed to mono or chaos/physical? Ya sure, new builds, but what about all the witch casters that people have atm that they have spent 100s, maybe 1000s of hours developing for up to 3 years now? Do they not represent what the witch is about? If theres nothing in these subclasses for them then its an absolute disaster.

So we have

summoning
multi elemental casters

those are covered, cool. Now we need

mono elemental casters
physical casters
chaos casters
physical crit attackers (wanders, daggers)
aura/curse support
anything else ive forgotten

to all be covered by this 3rd class, every one of those things has to look at subclass number 3 and think yes, I would legitimately have reason to pick this subclass over an alternative from another class.

All my bow and melee builds are looking at the options in the starts they go near be it ranger/duelist/marauder/shadow thinking ok, I could do this build as 1 or more subclasses in each of these starting classes. There would be a legit reason to go for the spell block or the fortify or the onslaught or the juggernaut etc and I could spend 6 good points and every single stat on those nodes without fail will benefit my character.

I have many high level witch builds, have played so many over the years, when I say none of them would ever pick either of these subclasses thats absolutely true, I cant even picture a build I would ever play that would use them.
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
what about all the witch casters that people have atm that they have spent 100s, maybe 1000s of hours developing for up to 3 years now? Do they not represent what the witch is about? If theres nothing in these subclasses for them then its an absolute disaster.

Those actual characters (with gear, experience, and so on) are in legacy leagues so they don't matter. I'm sure they'll still be playable, but legacy leagues aren't where the most up-to-date version of the game is played and it's not where development/balancing happens.

It's unstated by GGG thus far, but I'm positive they aren't going to let people pick new base characters for their legacy characters when 2.2 launches, even if a L100 Witch would rather be a L100 Shadow.

---

Now, talking about character concepts, a lot is going to have to be updated in 2.2. Gear and tree updates alongside these trees will cause a lot of the 100s/1000s of hours of development to need to be thrown out and recalculated.

I highly doubt that mono-elemental casters will be unusable, even if all they get from their prestige class is Pendulum and Liege.

I'm pretty sure the Scion ascendancy class will be the catch-all for any archetypes that GGG isn't specifically catering to.
I think we need to calm down and wait for new support gems meybe then we need to look how good is this class but now is pretty weak for all crit and non crit spell casters.
The one thing that bothers me there is that the mini elemental golems don't have a counter in upper right showing them summoned. Does this mean they wont follow us about with a duration like animate weapons does or rigwald rings that summon wolves? Will these golems scale properly with minion damage? Will they scale as you level unlike wolves that don't get stronger based on the summoners level?
State of Beyond Mechanic: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3441741

State of Blight Mechanic: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3470384

State of Harbinger Mechanic: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3473629
Oooh, this one might be the right subclass for my Oro's flicker witch. I like.
OPA Guild Officer: to join see http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1119502
thanks to the guy posting the pic of the tree.
IGN video player is crap, couldn't play the video properly even though fully loaded...
paragon of calamity + RF don't work together i guess ? RF doesn't "hit" ?
Its funny, the one who needs most this class is my Templar with Emberwake and totems, given that Templar classes are horrible for pure totem builds, while my Elemental Witch has no real use for the class that is supposed to work for her...
Can GGG Put revealed classes onto the ascendency site... it would be much easier than watching videos or looking at someones photoshop of it using google everytime we want to see these fricking classes lol.
How good are those Lesser Elemental Golems and how do they scale?

Shaper of Desolation seems pretty good, but only 20% makes it hard for boss fights.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info