IGN reveals one of the new Witch Ascendancy Classes: The Elementalist

"
Waves_blade wrote:
Huh.

100% damage boost for 4 seconds every 10 seconds.

Meh...it's only increased damage, inquisitor still looks miles better dmg wise for elemental dmg imo.
Last edited by SIQI on Feb 4, 2016, 5:18:00 PM
"
Artasqweroldy wrote:
Actually im kinda disappointed by the class.
Which is propably my fault because it is to straightforward for me.
I hope the third class is something weird and quirky as summoner is kinda straightforward aswell.

Huh? The summoner is a name trap. The summoner can be exploited such that you get a stronger fighter witch than summoner witch out of that subclass.
I feel like the shadow or the templar are better for every elemental build I can think of tbh.

I think you guys have fucked the witch because thats now 2 subclasses down and I wouldnt use either of them for any witch build I have ever made when looking at the alternatives in other class choices.
I'm assuming this is the witch's caster ascendancy class, was hoping for more well rounded offense and ES/CI defense nodes. This doesn't really change much for the self caster imo. It's still going to be kill before being killed.

Hopefully witch's last one will be more balanced.
Well my only dissapointment comes from expectation that this class will offer benefits to specific elements in different branches but it's exact opposite. :) It promotes combo play which is not neccessary bad thing. Idea that elementalist promote EE in some way makes sense to me.
Also it allows you to chill, shock and ignite with every damage type which is sick! Elemental proliferation is nice except that small radius. Hopefully not completely useless.
I don't know what lesser elemental golems are, but I can imagine something like firestorm character with aditional rain of mini fire golems. :D Probably not the case.
"
Langhun wrote:
It promotes combo play which is not neccessary bad thing.

it kind of is a bad thing though when that basically means 95% of current caster witch builds do not really gel with this tree, and theyve already released an entire tree for summoning which is this little niche of what witches do. So 2 classes down and this 3rd class now has to be amazing for the other 95% of witch builds which the 2 trees so far are pretty much junk for compared to many other classes trees.

Seriously, what on earth is the 3rd witch subclass that you have decided basically covers every single witch build I have ever or would ever dream of making?
After great templar and shadow classes this one is soo dissapointment after just fairly normal summoner stuff we get eleprolif whit 9 radius its a joke. I really wait for this class but now i dont think i will push my chaos crit firestorm witch to 100.
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
"
Langhun wrote:

it kind of is a bad thing though when that basically means 95% of current caster witch builds do not really gel with this tree, and theyve already released an entire tree for summoning which is this little niche of what witches do. So 2 classes down and this 3rd class now has to be amazing for the other 95% of witch builds which the 2 trees so far are pretty much junk for compared to many other classes trees.

Seriously, what on earth is the 3rd witch subclass that you have decided basically covers every single witch build I have ever or would ever dream of making?

What?
Summoner is just the most OP Ascendancy class among them all! Maybe it doesnt fit current builds, but it opens new SICK builds.
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
"
Langhun wrote:

Yeah that is disappointing, I don't like to do non-EE multi-elemental builds and it kinda feels like they're forcing that with this tree, which also forces some gear choices to some extent as well.

It would have been nice if there were some choice with only one or two paths being multi-elemntal but the whole thing. :/
Last edited by GeorgAnatoly on Feb 4, 2016, 6:02:16 PM
Discharge (With all charges), Elemental Hit and Wild Strike seem to be what this class wants you to use.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info