Results from map farming ( currency drops ) ( 300 maps so far ) last update : 24.02.2016

I'd say "No, it wouldn't be so bad in my opinion."
A little correction though .. at the moment it's not 1 in 200 it's in 200
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Last edited by KorgothBG on Feb 11, 2016, 3:27:52 AM
Very interesting statistics. Keep on going :)
I would be interested to see how much money you can accumulate in the same amount of time but not doing the chaos recipe. I'm fairly certain you will get more currency/hr, because the chaos recipe is... Not very good to say the least.

Especially since youre mfing, you will find good uniques and more orb drops than a normal build so I would definitely recommend skipping the chaos recipe for 200 maps and see how you do!

EDIT: Obviously you still pick up 6s, rare rings, belts and necks.
Or if you wanna do chaos recipe, i would really recommend doing unID since ur running low tier maps, and league is pretty much dead so selling ilvl 75ish gear will be hard.
Last edited by AntaDriptan on Feb 11, 2016, 10:38:54 AM
Oh i guess i should've clarified that. I do Unidentified Chaos recipe only.
I must also note that the results show that more than 50% of my accumulated wealth comes from selling every rare that drops ( resulting in huge amounts of alts ) + the unid chaos recipe ( which nearly triples my chaos orb income ).

If i was to pick only orbs and selling the uniques that dropped so far ( the uniques that are actually sellable at all ) the results would've been horrible.

Though i am interested to know why you consider the chaos recipe to be "Not very good to say the least."

P.S. From the uniques dropped so far i can make around 1 ex in total.
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Last edited by KorgothBG on Feb 11, 2016, 10:50:04 AM
Oh okay, then the currency/hr makes more sense. Doing unID chaos recipe this late in the league might be worth it

Well I've always been told that the chaos recipe is a really good recipe, and its easy and effective. However, before and during this league I watched a lot of Havoc twitch VODs of him doing mapping and farming. He doesn't do any chaos recipes, he spends his time killing mobs instead of staying in his hideout. This leads to higher chance of dropping t1 uniques (yes i realize, t1 uniques won't get you rich with average RNG), more orbs dropping and more xp gained. The XP is of course not very important in your case, but it's still a bonus. ALso i've heard Zizaran (pcchild on twitch) talk about this, and his insight on how to become wealthy is pretty good.

And let me rephrase, the chaos recipe isn't bad, kinda far from it. But if you play efficient and min-max your time spent on worthless shit, you will get rich a lot faster. Because in total, picking up 10 rares (or 9 depending on weapon) for the chaos recipe takes some time. Picking up the rares obviously isn't super time-consuming, maybe 10-20 seconds for a full set. However, if you go into a map right now and play for 30 seconds, it is kinda likely that you will get some sort of orb, probably not a chaos, but most likely a fusing or alc or something similar. And also, you have to factor in the time it takes to organize and vendor a whole set of chaos recipe. It's 9-10 items, and it probably takes 15-25s to grab a full recipe set and vendor it, and put the chaos back. Also, teleporting out of a map to vendor/stash items when the map isn't clear.. Is so inefficient. I've never seen a top tier player do that.

And also, let me add that doing the chaos recipe might be worth it day 1-5 in a league, and then some regal recipes whilst they're still expensive in the beginning of a league. After that you are better off picking up good bases for FOTM builds, and also every piece of jewelry you get since they take very little inventory space.

Haven't done chaos recipe this league at all, and my bank is blooming and the game is a lot faster paced when I don't spend time outside of maps.
Last edited by AntaDriptan on Feb 11, 2016, 11:35:58 AM
I understand what you are saying. What i'm getting at though is that yo are doing the chaos recipe ... well ... wrong. I already have a stash tab with unid rares ( pic below ) just waiting for that single ring or amulet ( usually ring ). To fill such a page pretty much means that i don't sell but stash the rares from a boss kill once every hour or so ( which takes the same amount of time as identifying and selling them ) and then i go on with my farming. When i hear that magical sound of a ring/amulet dropping ( thank you item filter ) i just pick it, wait until i fill my inventory and go back to my hideout ( which i already do with a full inventory ) sell the stuff, pick up the unid rares waiting in my stash and sell them all together. It takes no extra time for me to do that. No time wasted, no nothing.

I get the idea that picking up rares at all is time consuming ( pretty much increases the time it takes to clear a map with 30% ), but it's a certain profit... the alts pile up so fast that at this moment for these 200 runs they are responsible for almost 1/3 of the accumulated profit. If i was doing those 200 runs waiting for that T1 unique or actually any unique worth more than 10c ... well ... i would've still be waiting for it, the only thing that i would've gained is from the pure orb drops and my total amount of currency made would've been half of what is at the moment. Sure the time spent per map would be less .. but check the orb drops per run ( in the spreadsheet ) ... 0,51 fusings per run, not even 1 alch per run, the chaos orbs per run without the recipe are about 1 for every 3 fully cleared maps, most of the other orbs are a lot worse, only the jewelers are a bit better thanks to the 6s item drops. If you sum up the average gains per run without selling all rares and doing chaos recipes and then subtract 1 alch you'll see that the gains are extremely miserable.
Pic of the chaos recipe stash tab:

Spoiler

As for "top tier players" ( though that's a very subjective term ) not picking up rares and vendoring them ... well ... most of them play in a party and that's a huge game changer, especially when you play with a culler in your party, but even if you don't, you can't afford to pick up random rares and sell them because the portals are scarce or non-existent in full party. Overall there is a huge imbalance in party play vs solo play and huge difference on how you farm. Have you played solo this league or in a party ? The difference is insane.
Not to mention of course that many ( i say many because i can't say all for sure ... though in fact it's pretty much all ) "top tier players" have tons of other players, guild members etc. who do nothing but sell their stuff, flip their currency all day, etc. etc. and that's no secret and of course i can't say that there is something wrong with it. But by removing the time spent on trading your gear you gain insanely huge advantage because trading is one of the biggest time wasters.
Last edited by KorgothBG on Feb 11, 2016, 4:35:42 PM
Ah yeah that is a good way of doing it. I guess you're right in some ways about the top players, but then again I can't stress enough how important it is to be efficient with your time. However your method does look pretty good though.

I'm not gonna answer on everything you wrote, but I agree on most parts and wish you GL in this project :D
Thanks mate, though i do urge you ( and everyone really ) to correct me if i've got something wrong. I can't and i will never claim to know it all and if i learn something new or understand something better that's only beneficial to me.

Guys, in other news, it's possible that i won't be able to spend much ( or even any ) time on PoE this weekend but most likely i'll be able to update the thread to 250 runs on Monday.
Last edited by KorgothBG on Feb 11, 2016, 4:37:42 PM
Hey,

I really appreciate the effort u put into this. Thank you. Hopefully you will keep updating this. Maybe you could start to seperate between drops and recipes from now on? I'd really love to see how many chaos u got from the recipe and how much alts u got from selling rares.
It's clearspeed VS MF.

Clearspeed is actually better because you'll see more boxes AND more ghosts and loot more maps.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info