Results from map farming ( currency drops ) ( 300 maps so far ) last update : 24.02.2016

Hey guys! So i've been doing some map grinding with some IIR/IIQ (109%/43% + 50%/25% from my Windripper and +8% IIQ from the Zana map device) for the past couple of days and i've decided to keep track of the drops, mostly because it keeps me focused and makes the activity a bit more fun for me. Some people wanted to see the results so i though .. hey i might share them with everyone who is interested. The results consist of the actual currency drops, the alteration and alchemy orbs acquired via vendoring items and acquiring chaos orbs and jewelers via the vendor recipes. All maps were just alched then cleared, no rerolls, no chisels. I know that that way each map had different amounts of extra iir/iiq but what i wanted to see was what i'll earn by casually farming while spending minimal resources.

I've cleared 300 maps ( tier 6 to 10 ), yes i know that it isn't a big sample but i'll update the results constantly ( when i do farm with the same character of course ). The results:

It took me 31 hours and 21 minutes to clear 300 maps
I've found 269 Unique items
I've acquired 4026 Orbs of Alteration ( from drops and by vendoring the rare and most of the unique items that dropped)
I've acquired 1305 Jeweler's Orbs ( from drops and by vendoring 6s items)
I've found 195 Orbs of Chance
I've found 140 Cartographer's Chisels
I've found 159 Orbs of Fusing
I've acquired 274 Orbs of Alchemy ( from drops and by vendoring the rare and most of the unique items that dropped) but i've spend 300 to roll the maps so you can say that i've lost 26 alchemy orbs in the process
I've found 58 Orbs of Scouring
I've found 11 Blessed Orbs
I've acquired 288 Chaos Orbs ( from drops and from the vendor recipe for 2 chaos orbs)
I've found 36 Orbs of Regret
I've found 24 Vaal Orbs
I've found 6 Regal Orbs
I've found 11 Gemcutter's Prisms
I've found 1 Divine Orbs
I've found 0 Exalted Orbs
I've found 0 Mirrors of Kalandra

The total value of the acquired currency equals around 23.49 exalts ( based on the ratios from 24.02.2016 )
The average exalt value of the looted orbs per 100 runs is 7.66 ex ( went up with 0.30 from total 250 to total 300 runs )
The average exalt value of the looted orbs per hour is 0.72 ( went up with 0.03 from total 250 to total 300 runs )

Average currency drops per map ( from most to least dropped )
Jeweler's Orbs - 0.94 drops per map ( based only on the last 100 runs due to no data for the first 200 runs)
Orbs of Alteration - 0.90 drops per map ( based only on the last 100 runs due to no data for the first 200 runs)
Orbs of Chance - 0.65 drops per map
Orbs of Fusing - 0.53 drops per map
Cartographer's Chisels - 0.47 drops per map
Orbs of Alchemy - 0.39 drops per map ( based only on the last 50 runs due to no data for the first 200 runs)
Chaos Orbs - 0.21 drops per map ( based only on the last 50 runs due to no data for the first 200 runs)
Orbs of Scouring - 0.19 drops per map
Orbs of Regret - 0.12 drops per map
Vaal Orbs - 0.08 drops per map
Gemcutter's Prisms - 0.04 drops per map
Blessed Orbs - 0.04 drops per map
Regal Orbs - 0.02 drops per map
Divine Orbs - 0.003 drops per map
Exalted Orbs - 0.00 drops per map
Mirrors of Kalandra - 0.00 drops per map

Some other stuff:
Most uniques per run : 5
Unique maps found : 13
Arcanist Strongboxes encountered : 7
Cartographer Strongboxes encountered : 4
Unique Strongboxes encountered :
Rare monsters with the Inner Treasure mod : 4
Monster packs with the Keeper of the Trove mod encountered: 5
Monster Packs with the Wealth mod encountered :

The uniques i've found so far ( those that actually worth something ) are:
Spoiler

For more details and some extra numbers as well as drops from each map you could check the spreadsheet here : https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1IWkrQkNhaSzn4ZkQMBIyJUZiI3DkU57fu3JwXgCju5w/edit#gid=0

I might update the thread every say ... 50 maps ( if there is an interest ) though i will update the spreadsheet whenever i farm because as i said ... it actually helps me.

So yeah ... pretty much that's it ... have a nice day, good luck and happy grinding!
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Last edited by KorgothBG on Feb 24, 2016, 2:27:05 PM
Last bumped on Mar 19, 2016, 11:19:46 PM
Did you pick up all rare items?
7.5 exalts in 10 hours is pretty impressive considering those maps cost you almost nothing.

Hell, I'd be a rich man if I made 1 exalt per hour, and by rich i mean not poor.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
@raxleberne
Pretty much all, though in rare occasions i've ran out of portals so i had to leave some behind ( that happened in around 10% of the maps ).

@Nephalim
Yes i'm also happy with the results so far.
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Last edited by KorgothBG on Feb 4, 2016, 2:02:34 PM
Your stats indicate a problem I have always been experiencing, too.

Blessed orbs are way too rare o.O

"Wealth in a game is measured by the amount of fun, joy and entertainment you can get out of it".
-Mythabril
That is true, years ago when i've started playing PoE and when a Blessed orb dropped for me i was very excited because i've never seen one before ... sadly i quickly found out that it's not worth much despite its rarity.
More Chaos than Alchs.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Well the vendor recipe plays a big part in the high chaos number, i'm mad of myself for not tracking jeweler's and chaos orb drops separately from the orbs that i've got via the recipes ... the number of chaos orb drops is around 20 judging by the numbers from the spreadsheet ( i.e. it's most likely that 3 chaos orbs acquired from 1 run is actually 2 from the recipe and 1 actual drop ).
"
KorgothBG wrote:

I've found ZERO Exalted Orbs

The total value of the acquired currency equals around 7.5 exalts ( based on the ratios from 01.02.2016 though the average is closer to 7 ex per 100 runs while

The value may be nice and all, but in the end where/who's getting the raw exalted orbs to exchange for that value? It's pretty ridiculous to run 100 map and a single exalted drops...
Well as we all know this has always been food for guesses and speculations ... I see it from my own point of view and experience. I would actually use orbs 2,3,4 times the value of an exalt before i use an exalt. I would use 100, 200 hell even 400 chaos orbs on maps, maybe gear before i use a single exalt and i won't even think about or feel the loss of the currency. So what i'm trying to say is that people tend to hoard exalts and use them just as money and that's not the case ( at least not in such extend ) for most of the other orbs. Even Chris said that they've secretly increased the exalt drop rate for a period of time to see if people would use the orb more often .. it turned out that the players still hoarded it and refused to use it more often even if they had more exalted orbs.
But hey that's just my two cents .. and i might be completely ( or partially ) wrong .

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info