<!@#$Hello Kitties... It's that time again PoE moderator sexy calendar for 2017!@#$>

"
Raycheetah wrote:
"
I prefer dogs. More loyal.

I refute your specieist stereotype:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKT3yopL5gk

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=cat+protects+baby

=^[.]^=

your mistaking dominance for loyalty here though.

If my cat would do that, id put her in her place. Same with my dogs, if they show even a slight sign of dominance towards my nephew, they get put in place, instantly.

Only submission/ignoring is allowed towards him.

The baby-sitter is pathetic though, fearing the cat and then picking up the baby which is the worst possible move to do.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
Boem wrote:
"
Raycheetah wrote:
"
I prefer dogs. More loyal.

I refute your specieist stereotype:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKT3yopL5gk

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=cat+protects+baby

=^[.]^=

your mistaking dominance for loyalty here though.

If my cat would do that, id put her in her place. Same with my dogs, if they show even a slight sign of dominance towards my nephew, they get put in place, instantly.

Only submission/ignoring is allowed towards him.

The baby-sitter is pathetic though, fearing the cat and then picking up the baby which is the worst possible move to do.

Peace,

-Boem-

The cat is protecting the kid against what it perceives as a threat, because the babysitter raised her voice to him. Dominance has nothing to do with it. ='[.]'=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
"
Raycheetah wrote:

The cat is protecting the kid against what it perceives as a threat, because the babysitter raised her voice to him. Dominance has nothing to do with it. ='[.]'=

Lol, ok.

It's always good to impart human reactions and emotions on animals.

Totally not related to dominance.

/rolls-eyes

A cat has no business protecting a child and no cat ever will. Don't mistake what you "want" to see, with what is actually happening.

The only thing that cat sees, is weakness in the form of distress (raised voice) and an opportunity to become dominant and take control of the situation =/= protecting the child.

Peace,

-Boem-

edit : not saying dogs are loyal btw.

They are not. People like to impart human emotions and perceived behaviors on their pets. A dog is "loyal" to the pack he is in and his allegiance shifts with strength.
Last edited by Boem on Feb 7, 2016, 1:40:19 PM
"
Raycheetah wrote:

Dominance has everything to do with it. You're watching the dominant cat in its perceived territory display its dominance. The cat expects the baby sitter after having been attacked to run out of the house.

I have a lot of wild cats where I live and I get to see their social and mating habits first hand. It's pretty interesting.
So, what you're saying is, the babysitter only in that moment alerted the cat to her presence, which then immediately ran in to jack her shit up, not because a member of the cat's social group was under seeming threat, but because the cat just wanted to throw its weight around.

'Kay. Because cats never develop any kind of attachment to their human families. It's all about territory. =9[.]9=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
Last edited by Raycheetah on Feb 7, 2016, 10:32:08 PM
Based on what I know about animals, wild cat behavior, and domestic cats it's more likely you're falsely conflating correlation and causation due to inputting perspectives you have as a human the cat does not have.

I'm not saying cats can't develop attachments but it does so within the context of its reality, what it has the capacity to understand and you have to keep that perspective in mind for whatever animal you're talking about.
If that cat was interested in the "well being" of the child, why is it still going on a rampage when the baby-sitter picked him up.

Clearly it's a sentient cat, so it should be aware it is endangering the baby by attacking the person holding it right?

Obviously, he's forcing the baby-sitter to throw away the baby to safety! Smart kitty cat?

=9[.]9= ?

The baby-sitter provoked the cat, irrelevant of the child, that's all. It happens and demonstrating fear at such a point only increases the power of an animal in such a situation.

I have dealt with enough animals behaving like that that the last thing you do is back off in such a situation, it doesn't help you and it doesn't help the animal.

I trained pit-bulls with aggressive issue's etc, an animal is an animal at the end of the day and you do it no favors by instilling human logic or behavior on them. Hell, a lot of issue's stem from such a behavior of the owners.

Believe what you want, but don't convince yourself your doing an animal justice or any favors by humanizing it.

Peace,

-Boem-
Siamese cats do "defend" their master and are known to be as loyal as dogs.
"
Jaille wrote:
There are actually a few breeds like that. Mau's would be one. :)

Just a lowly standard player. May RNGesus be with you.
"
Jaille wrote:

I'm not disputing animals can't form a relation with humans.

I am simply saying that cat was not "defending" the child. The cat could have just stepped in some glass and lashed out as a result, moving back then and showing fear is like admitting guild vs an animal that's hunting.

I think people are just seeing one thing and linking it to another without their being any relevance between the two events.

People have amazingly bad natural behavior when caught of guard against animals.

Peace,

-Boem-

edit :

My dogs will defend me when i'm weak for example, but that's not loyalty. That's simply them assuming a higher position in the pack then i am capable of.

Luckily for them, that doesn't happen so they can carry on about their business.

Just to say "loyal as a dog" only imply's loyalty to the pack.
Last edited by Boem on Feb 8, 2016, 2:12:19 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info